Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 9: Sega vs Nintendo - The Race for the Next Generation

Claws

Mastermind
Vibing I Love You GIF by Paramount+
Lecy Goranson Smile GIF by ABC Network
Im Tired Tom Hanks GIF
angry road to el dorado GIF

Nightingale

Administrator
How about you spend some time with those gifs trying to give thoughts other than "pick the other guy"? This is really starting to feel exactly like ToL when you were begging to be saved.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
How about you spend some time with those gifs trying to give thoughts other than "pick the other guy"? This is really starting to feel exactly like ToL when you were begging to be saved.
He probably doesn't have a choice at this point but to plead.

How many other thoughts can he have when it's D2 and this 2nd phase has been spotlighted by Claws vs. Dreyski in most people's thoughts. There hasn't been a lot of "If not these two then who?" by anyone. There's not a ton of info for Claws to work with and Dreyski never really had to be on the defensive as it's been pretty much on Claws this whole time.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
If Claws and Drey are both town then all we have to go on is how people voted, if they voted at all.

Maybe Scum want Claws gone because he can be a more involved town voice. Dreyski is a great player but can be less vocal than Claws in comparison at times.

Nightingale

Administrator
If Claws and Drey are both town then all we have to go on is how people voted, if they voted at all.

Maybe Scum want Claws gone because he can be a more involved town voice. Dreyski is a great player but can be less vocal than Claws in comparison at times.

The only person who's actively argued for claws is me, so I seriously doubt it's a case of "scum want claws gone" or I think there'd be a lot more people being like "oh well I have no opinion so I guess this argument is good enough" with the added bonus of making me look bad -- which is another reason I think claws is probably scum here. The amount of pushing I've had to do just does not feel like scum are fine with this.

Claws

Mastermind
The only person who's actively argued for claws is me, so I seriously doubt it's a case of "scum want claws gone" or I think there'd be a lot more people being like "oh well I have no opinion so I guess this argument is good enough" with the added bonus of making me look bad -- which is another reason I think claws is probably scum here. The amount of pushing I've had to do just does not feel like scum are fine with this.
College Basketball Sport GIF by Kentucky Men’s Basketball. #B[HASH=35]#BuiltDifferent[/HASH]https://media0.giphy.com/media/hmHL0LlanMg5oTTwoU/200.gif[/IMG][IMG alt="Sheep Silence GIF by STUDIOCANAL France

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yeah. I don't love the thought that Claws will build a well thought out argument out of gifs for a fairly low sample size dreyski.

Foxxi seems a little more driven/locked in in what I see as mostly neutral vs. Somewhat suss (generous).

I guess I haven't seen too many other folks even so much as list a post of dreyski's they've liked.

That said, I go back and forth. I did like 1 dreyski post and I have nothing but soft meta on claws. Because my best Claws reads are his interactions with other vs. his own self defense. Which myself, along with a lot of others, get wrong a lot. Of course, there's also a chance that I'm feeling bad for Claws who does get jacked a lot.

And there is a chance that this was agenda Claws on d1. So maybe it was suss.

Figuring out foxxi is always a priority for me. Would a scum foxxi go hard at Claws? She's brilliant and I don't put anything past her from saving a teammate to a bus.

So back and forth. But leaning vote claws.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Straight up Claws is acting like when he was D-X town in my wrestling game and was getting the shaft.

Claws

Mastermind
Living Players
1. MTR
200.gif

2. Mazer
200.gif

3. Val the Moofia Boss
200.gif

4. Badger
boo yes GIF by BBC Earth

5. CWE
200.gif

6. Matthieu
200.gif

7. Jarrod1983
200.gif

8. LemonDemonGirl
200.gif

9. Tildey
200.gif

10. Nightingale
200.gif

11. Peter Griffin
200.gif

12. Dreyski
200.gif

13. Blind Ninja
200.gif

15. GrumpyCat
200.gif

16. FutureHold
200.gif

17. Insaner
200.gif

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
6 - Claws (Nightingale, Peter Griffin, Dreyski, Val, Badger, CWE)
2 - Dreyski (Claws, Jarrod1983)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Insaner, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Tildey

52 minutes remain. 9 is hammer.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Well some of those are probably right.

I would have liked your actual feelings if you were coming out of D2 alive Claws.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Vote Count
2 - Dreyski (Claws, Jarrod1983)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Insaner, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR, Tildey

52 minutes remain. 9 is hammer.
This group not voting has a good chunk of villains in it I'd wager. Even if they do at this point, it'd be likely too late to accomplish anything.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Some people are giving me feelings right now.

Feelings are complicated though.

And occasionally frustrating.

A town cwe should have me read pretty well right now. @CWE , two potential TMIs right now?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Vote: Drey

Only post I liked of his was the "read" list. He really hasnt done or said much else.

Claws is at least trying to with his restriction. Wonder how this would have played out if he was able to talk.

Nightingale

Administrator
I kinda like Mazer asking for the people who know him to give reads on him. If he is scum here, unless alllllll those people are partnered with him that seems a ballsy thing to do

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’m still working but I know I need to vote. I skimmed the last two pages and I don’t really see anything new argument-wise that sways me to one over the other or changes where I was at during my previous post. I hate this & I hate being forced to pick between two people I don't have a strong read on this early in the game. I also hate that one of the two people on the chopping block can't effectively defend themselves. Maybe Claws is scum, maybe he isn't. I don't really feel we have enough information to do more than guess. I'm assuming that if anyone had any details as a result of their roles that they would have shared by now.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I’m still working but I know I need to vote. I skimmed the last two pages and I don’t really see anything new argument-wise that sways me to one over the other or changes where I was at during my previous post. I hate this & I hate being forced to pick between two people I don't have a strong read on this early in the game. I also hate that one of the two people on the chopping block can't effectively defend themselves. Maybe Claws is scum, maybe he isn't. I don't really feel we have enough information to do more than guess. I'm assuming that if anyone had any details as a result of their roles that they would have shared by now.
If scum is voting on Claws right now, the only way to flip things on them is voting Drey and seeing what shenanigans happen in the final moments.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If scum is voting on Claws right now, the only way to flip things on them is voting Drey and seeing what shenanigans happen in the final moments.
True. I feel like I’m damned if I do, damned if I don’t. But at least he had the opportunity to please his case using words & not gifs.

Vote: Dreyski

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Some people are giving me feelings right now.

Feelings are complicated though.

And occasionally frustrating.

A town cwe should have me read pretty well right now. @CWE , two potential TMIs right now?
:squint:why u u always ask for my opinionup like 6pm. 6pm is like 1 am to me. Stop waking me up.

Nightingale

Administrator
I do not understand why this seems to be rocket science.

We have two choices and one of them has done actually sus things.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I do not understand why this seems to be rocket science.

We have two choices and one of them has done actually sus things.
Any/Everything Claws says I think is sus... so nothing gave me scum vibes from his actions. At least not vibes on your level.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count
4 - Dreyski (Claws, Jarrod1983, Blind Ninja, Tildey)

Not Voting: FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Insaner, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR

19 minutes remain. 9 is hammer.

Nightingale

Administrator
Again for the millionth time though. If you don't think either are sus - why is it such a bizarre idea to test someone else's sus?

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Again for the millionth time though. If you don't think either are sus - why is it such a bizarre idea to test someone else's sus?
How this day has played out to me is Claws has been on the hot seat the entire time with you turning up the heat consistently. Drey didn't really sweat it and there is still a good chunk of nonvoters to the point where scum could just be waiting this phase out.

If Claws goes he goes but I'm curious enough to see how the other timeline with Drey going will play out.

Day 2 Results: Claws(Super Mario 64) was eliminated

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
DAY TWO

Vote Count
4 - Dreyski (Claws, Jarrod1983, Blind Ninja, Tildey)

Not Voting: FutureHold, GrumpyCat, Insaner, LemonDemonGirl, Matthieu, Mazer, MTR

----------

Despite all the hype that was going around, Shigeru Miyamoto was quickly becoming overwhelmed. Trying to run multiple projects while making sure Super Mario 64 was amazing on a short deadline just wasn’t possible. He had a long meeting with the president, trying to get him to allow him to put all his resources into the one game. But with mounting pressure from the fans and the other developers, Nintendo had no choice but to let it miss this hype cycle. And with that, Claws was indefinitely delayed and would not make the E3 show.

Claws has been eliminated. He was Super Mario 64, Mafia Killer

N1: VoidKitten

----------

It is now Night Two. You have until 6pm EST on Monday, Nov. 13th to submit your night actions. Day Two will begin at 7pm EST.

Living Players
1. @MTR
2. @Mazer
3. @Val the Moofia Boss
4. @Badger
5. @CWE
6. @Matthieu
7. @Jarrod1983
8. @LemonDemonGirl
9. @Tildey
10. @Nightingale
11. @Peter Griffin
12. @Dreyski
13. @Blind Ninja
15. @GrumpyCat
16. @FutureHold
17. @Insaner

Dead Players
1.VoidKitten
2. Claws

Last edited:
Night 2 Results/Day 3 Start

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
TWILIGHT TWO

It was now the eve before E3 1995. The different companies and developers were scrambling to get their tech demos and presentations ready. Shigeru Miyamoto was not pleased with having to hold back on Super Mario 64, but he would make sure to get his revenge. That’s why he pulled some strings with some of Nintendo’s lawyers and their connections with retailers to put a sanction against Sonic & Knuckles. He spewed rumors of its connection with Michael Jackson, who had originally worked on the soundtrack for Sonic 3, and with all the allegations coming out about him, Sega quickly pulled him off. But the rumor was enough to spook retailers and have them pull CWE from the shelves for good, forever ruining many people’s hopes of playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

CWE has been eliminated. He was Sonic & Knuckles, Town Searcher.

N1: -
"TEQUILA IS TASTY"

----------

NIGHT TWO

The big day had come. The first ever Electronic Entertainment Expo was underway and there was excitement in the air. The western world would get their first intimate look at the Sony Playstation and the Sega Saturn, and while the lack of a certain plumber would dampen some spirits, Nintendo still had a lot to offer.

The Sega Saturn presentation was certainly shocking, but maybe not for the right reasons. They announced that the Saturn was of this second released in the US, and could be purchased right now. Only…most retailers were not aware of this and didn’t have the stock. Developers were still working on games that were meant to be a part of the launch. As great as the news seemed on paper, the pieces were not aligned. And their announcement that it would retail at $399 was a bit steeper than most were hoping for.

The Sega executives shuffled off the stage, and on cue, Olaf Olafsson took the stage and introduced fellow Sony executive Steve Race for the most iconic moment in gaming and E3 history:

The announcement sent shockwaves through the building and the whole video game world. The chaos caused everyone’s focus to be centered on the same thing. Yuji Naka and Sega Technical Institute were left reeling, with all the attention on Sega Saturn, Panzer Dragoon, Comix Zone and Vectorman diverted. Shigeru Miyamoto and Hiroshi Yamauchi were trying to find a way to deal with this bombshell. Satoru Iwata tried to do everything to stop the effects.

Koji Kondo seemed the most unaffected as he was deep in his work making a musical masterpiece that would become Ocarina of Time, knowing that it would enchant many.

----------

It is now Day Three. With 15 players alive, 8 votes are required for a hammer.

The phase ends at 8:30pm EST on Wednesday, November 15th.

Living Players
1. @MTR
2. @Mazer
3. @Val the Moofia Boss
4. @Badger
6. @Matthieu
7. @Jarrod1983
8. @LemonDemonGirl
9. @Tildey
10. @Nightingale
11. @Peter Griffin
12. @Dreyski
13. @Blind Ninja
15. @GrumpyCat
16. @FutureHold
17. @Insaner

Dead Players
1.VoidKitten - Town Gladiator
2. Claws - Mafia Killer
3. CWE - Town Searcher

Last edited:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Dreyski is very likely to be clean, then. I doubt both players put up for a yeet are scum.
I haven't changed my town lean on dreyski, but I don't agree with a clear.

There's no reason void couldn't have hit twice.

But I'm not going crazy with that, because my attention is elsewhere.

Just need to go deeper on something. Do we believe the language about attention was a result of a purple action?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Just need to go deeper on something. Do we believe the language about attention was a result of a purple action?
I agree, Dreyski could also be scum, not a concrete clear yet

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter

Something from purple because it seemed to mess with green and red some how.

Nightingale

Administrator
I agree, Dreyski could also be scum, not a concrete clear yet
Has drey done anything to make you sus of him? Why do you think he might also be scum? If you thought he could be why didn't you say so yesterday instead of asking claws to give you a reason not to vote on him?

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Has drey done anything to make you sus of him? Why do you think he might also be scum? If you thought he could be why didn't you say so yesterday instead of asking claws to give you a reason not to vote on him?
I mean it could be opportunity, a scum partner puts their buddy under the bus to make themself look better. While I liked Drey’s post yesterday it could all just be an act. Although I’ll have to reread, I’ve had a couple rough days of work.

Nightingale

Administrator
I mean it could be opportunity, a scum partner puts their buddy under the bus to make themself look better. While I liked Drey’s post yesterday it could all just be an act. Although I’ll have to reread, I’ve had a couple rough days of work.

I don't understand this. Drey said he thought claws was probably also town, so how do you think he was bussing claws?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Interesting result from last night...

The CWE death shows before Night actions.

Appears purple had some fun. Was that targeted at specific people? or just hit people that acted last night? Feels on Mass Block, Bus, % Failure on actions?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Agree it shouldnt clear him. But does look a little better in his favor. What are the chances VK got 2 scum?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
@Nightingale Willing to admit I was wrong about Claws. He is someone that always frustrates me with my inability to read him. I should have given you more credit for your typical ability to read him.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Do we take anything from Claws calling everyone but Badger scum in #925? Or just pass off as Claws lolcatting?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Are you claiming you think drey is purple?
Nope. Just saying whether purple is scum or neutral impacts the base probability of how likely it was for void to hit multiple.

Working on another theory on last night that doesn't involve dreyski

Nightingale

Administrator
I said I have to reread, although I was convinced that both were town, but Claws is always a hard read.
So if you were convinced both were town, why does claws flipping scum make you change your mind and think drey was faking and bussing claws - the one that was so vocally fighting for people yeet drey instead?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The biggest question mark on Dreyski wagon for me is PG. I doubt he would just vote Claws and peace out like that if they were partners. I think the only world where that happens is if Claws told his partners to just bus him right at the beginning of D2. In that world, I would expect for at least 1 other scum to jump on the Dreyski train behind him. I don't strongly feel that is the case so I am going to discard this possibility and assume that everyone on the Dreyski wagon is town for now.

I'm reading jarrod as the wrong townie on the scum wagon.

BN's scum equity went through the roof for being consistently opposed to Claws yeet. IF there was mafia trying to influence things and sway the yeet away from scum then he is the guy. Plus he gets hit by the mighty tell of "saying something but actually voting there way later" so if this has always been the true way to catch wolves then I'm ready to embrace your teachings now.

Tildey's belated push back against Foxxi's case is a big oof as well.

I'm squinting my eyes at Matthew derping at the start of day after other people have already made the mistake of assuming that yesterday's thunderdome just looks like a shameless attempt to reach for the cookie jar of deep clears at this point.

Future, you're just scum.

So my poe is BN, Tildey, Future, Matthew

With an outer poe of Grumpy Cat, MTR, Mazer, LDG

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The biggest question mark on Dreyski wagon for me is PG. I doubt he would just vote Claws and peace out like that if they were partners. I think the only world where that happens is if Claws told his partners to just bus him right at the beginning of D2. In that world, I would expect for at least 1 other scum to jump on the Dreyski train behind him. I don't strongly feel that is the case so I am going to discard this possibility and assume that everyone on the Dreyski wagon is town for now.

I'm reading jarrod as the wrong townie on the counter wagon.

BN's scum equity went through the roof for being consistently opposed to Claws yeet. IF there was mafia trying to influence things and sway the yeet away from scum then he is the guy. Plus he gets hit by the mighty tell of "saying something but actually voting there way later" so if this has always been the true way to catch wolves then I'm ready to embrace your teachings now.

I'm squinting my eyes at Matthew derping at the start of day after other people have already made the mistake of assuming that yesterday's thunderdome was caused by mafia just looks like a shameless attempt to reach for the cookie jar of deep clears at this point.

EBWOP

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The biggest question mark on Dreyski wagon for me is PG. I doubt he would just vote Claws and peace out like that if they were partners. I think the only world where that happens is if Claws told his partners to just bus him right at the beginning of D2.
Guy made like 100 posts yesterday of whitch maybe 10% were trying to figure out who scum are while other were all about trying to survive. Hard to imagine Claws would ask his teammates to bus him. Knowing Claws he would rather get angry if his teammates would bus him rather than trying to save him.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Unless its a rare case where claws and dreyski were indeed both scum and claws had a weaker role maybe. Killer sounds like just a goon.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I'm squinting my eyes at Matthew derping at the start of day after other people have already made the mistake of assuming that yesterday's thunderdome just looks like a shameless attempt to reach for the cookie jar of deep clears at this point.

Do you think im going that hard to defend my teammate? Im not that dense. I know when the flip occurs, puts the spotlight on me. I dont want that heat as scum.

I late vote in almost all games these days, aside from D1 matt vote for tradition

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Wtf is his will anyway. At least claws will had a target mentioned. Also if there is something about n1 in his will why isnt his char mentioned in n1 writeup. There are other sonics but not that one.

Nightingale

Administrator

I don't even know where to begin with this...

Okay. So. If claws told his team to bus him why would they jump on the drey wagon? If you're discarding that world and deciding the drey wagon is clean that means that any voting scum actually are bussing claws...? And you think the drey wagon is clean but then have both BN and Tildey who were voting drey in your poe?

And maybe it's just me, but your paragraph about BN sounds extremely bitter...

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Do you think im going that hard to defend my teammate? Im not that dense. I know when the flip occurs, puts the spotlight on me. I dont want that heat as scum.

I late vote in almost all games these days, aside from D1 matt vote for tradition
I wouldn't describe your defence as "hard" tbh

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't even know where to begin with this...

Okay. So. If claws told his team to bus him why would they jump on the drey wagon? If you're discarding that world and deciding the drey wagon is clean that means that any voting scum actually are bussing claws...? And you think the drey wagon is clean but then have both BN and Tildey who were voting drey in your poe?

And maybe it's just me, but your paragraph about BN sounds extremely bitter...
Uh I clearly meant "Claws wagon" not "Drey wagon" lol

I'm not bitter Foxxi just having a laugh

Nightingale

Administrator
Before I do though, no clue how you read that Matthieu post at SoD as an attempt for a derp clear, he said nothing about assuming who did it only that he didn't the odds of two selected players both being scum

Top Bottom