Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 10: The LemonDemonGirl saves Christmas from Jennifer Lawrence and the Robot Devil

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
What is...

Dude you were "if I were scum I'd sit on badger" and then I said that doesn't make a lick of sense bc vanity voting while we are killing ppl is scummy as fuck. You replied but it had nothing to do with the conversation

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
There are lines in the write up about claws the character that sound like he is actually not fully evil - and Mazer does put subtle hints in flavor sometimes. Plus the action claws the character took does kinda sound like an investigation of some sort.... so I can see a world where he may be beneficial to town.

I can also see it possible the flavor is just flavor and the invest sounding action is something I'm not understanding fully since he said his card was confusing and a cop check is anything but confusing.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
What is...

Dude you were "if I were scum I'd sit on badger" and then I said that doesn't make a lick of sense bc vanity voting while we are killing ppl is scummy as fuck. You replied but it had nothing to do with the conversation
So because I chose to vote MTR to test Claws info and people are trying to push CWE, that makes me vain? If you say so pal.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
There are lines in the write up about claws the character that sound like he is actually not fully evil - and Mazer does put subtle hints in flavor sometimes. Plus the action claws the character took does kinda sound like an investigation of some sort.... so I can see a world where he may be beneficial to town.

I can also see it possible the flavor is just flavor and the invest sounding action is something I'm not understanding fully since he said his card was confusing and a cop check is anything but confusing.
Didn't you already share this?

I also theorized about this
It's also worth noting that this writeup almost seems to imply that Claws The Role is more likely to be on the side of good.

So for all intents and purposes, regardless of whether Claws the player is 3p or not, I think his info is legit and we're better off following it and not worrying about him until after we deal with MTR.

We can deal with BN at that point as well. No reason to get mad at Claws for potentially serving a mafia member on a silver platter to us.

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
Specifically-
From the signups writeup:
"As JLaw walked the hallways she gave a cursory glance at someone she didn't know. She just assumed he was another evil person, hiding in the shadows. Claws laughed. This time, people always assuming the worst of him....would not work to their advantage."

And the intro in this thread:
Suspicious Future talked to Psych. Psych was regretful over his previous support of the Robot Devil. Once the Robot Devil had fully allied with Jennifer Lawrence, he knew things had gone too far. He had been feeding information to Claws for months, and he hoped that it would all pay off now

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Which is even more puzzling why you would oppose chopping MTR/trusting Claws' info so much when the only worlds where it would likely hurt us is if he's a jester or a lyncher

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
Which is even more puzzling why you would oppose chopping MTR/trusting Claws' info so much when the only worlds where it would likely hurt us is if he's a jester or a lyncher
Because he ALSO said he didn't understand his card - so it's clearly not a cut and dry cop check.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
No one said you were vain for wanting to "test" a claim. You said that if you were scum you'd sit on badger. That's a vanity vote

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Because he ALSO said he didn't understand his card - so it's clearly not a cut and dry cop check.
Where did he say this? He has seemed very direct from all his posts. The closest I can remember is when he said he clarified his info, but I think that was due to the bus drive, not because he didn't understand his role.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
No one said you were vain for wanting to "test" a claim. You said that if you were scum you'd sit on badger. That's a vanity vote
I disagree. That's staying out of the lime light. It's got nothing to do with being vain. Either way, I'd describe myself in a lit of ways, vain never being one. Next.

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
To put it simply psycho -

I have thoughts and theories about claws that may or may not be right.

And I have a CWE that is 99.9% probable as scum.

I'm choosing the thing I am certain of.

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
I disagree. That's staying out of the lime light. It's got nothing to do with being vain. Either way, I'd describe myself in a lit of ways, vain never being one. Next.
And he isn't calling you vain. "Vanity vote" is just a term meaning a vote that is made that's not particularly useful... just there to look good like the person is participating.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
No one is calling you vain Jarrod. Like I get what you are saying here, that you think you wouldn't look scummy for sitting on badger but voting alone while we are all voting elsewhere is the definition of a vanity vote. It's not calling you vain.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Fair enough, all I ask is that if I die we actually listen to Claws, and if you're town, that you do your part to support that.

Claws

Mastermind

I have a 100% on mtr i win nanana

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
If cwe was a bad apple why did it matter to you that we did him over mtr?
Because I think the wagon movement through the day and the lack of interest/resistance against chopping MTR insinuates he's a role scum would prefer not to post. Whereas CWE was always destined to die early and would have been playing as such

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
I am itched by the fact that CWE seemed to be a perfectly accepted choice right up until I suggested Rock be the hammer to mitigate a possible hammer kill - that makes me think scum were prepared and wanted CWE until there was a plan to stop a retaliation kill - then they wanted to swap to MTR so CWE can go boom when there's no death immune person to soak it *shrug*

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I am itched by the fact that CWE seemed to be a perfectly accepted choice right up until I suggested Rock be the hammer to mitigate a possible hammer kill - that makes me think scum were prepared and wanted CWE until there was a plan to stop a retaliation kill - then they wanted to swap to MTR so CWE can go boom when there's no death immune person to soak it *shrug*
I don't know if this is funny true? Hardly anyone was around when the wagon on CWE built up.

Either way, I don't think CWE is a bomb. The precaution was fine, but I'm not expecting any ramifications

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Votes:
Mtr (4) -Claws, BN, Listo, jarrod
cwe (9) - Quat, Badger, future, GC, Xan, mtr, Lora, psych, Rock
jarrod (2)-LDG
Future (1) -llettuce
Lora (1) - cwe

Not Voting:
VK

Write-up incoming

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
"Why did you do it? I was trying so hard to win you!", Boyfriend cried out. "

"I got tired of all the dancing! Fucking hell! Couldn't we just go out some time? At least the Robot Devil knew how to show a girl a good time!"

"But....the funkin'......was my gift to you"

"COME ON, Boyfriend. You previously misjudged Girlfriend. She never really understood gifts at all. That must be why she fought against Christmas" The LemonDemonGirl, in a moment of caring, brought boyfriend away with her.

As they talked, Boyfriend made peace with the evil he had been trying to impress.

And he looked at Girlfriend sternly.

CWE has been eliminated. He was Girlfriend-RB scum

After the parties continued their treks, Blind Ninja looked on. His previous anger was now sated. He briefly looked at another, before realizing his error. His vigil continued.

Eliminated Players:
Val-Ritz-EN Roleblocker Town
CWE-Girlfriend-RB SCUM

Begin Night 2.

Last edited:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That's time for actions to be submitted. I am AFK for a little. Anticipate having next round start in about 2 hours.

Night 2 write-up. Begin day 3

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
With Girlfriend out of the picture, The Funkin Crew was able to move with a renewed fervor. Christmas was just around the corner, and saving Christmas was going to be a full-time job.

So maybe it was fortunate nobody was sleeping.

Virgil blamed himself for the earlier loss of Ritz. He cursed Erling Haaland’s name. He talked to Psych about proper technique and how to force Erling to his off-foot.

Boyfriend was newly motived. Maybe now he could finally move on, and find love and Christmas. It had been an interminably long courtship after all. As he crept along the Reno front, he called in to Xan. The plan was set and he would need all hands on deck to execute.

Psych continued his journey as well. He knew that if he wanted to redeem himself, he couldn’t be late. He had an earlier conversation with Badger, who had kindly suggested a quicker way through the French countryside. Psych grabbed the map and followed the trail. Hopefully, he could arrive before the battle was decided. Also, for some reason, he pretended he was a Swiss chef as he traveled.

Emma Watson was still shedding tears over the fallen Fritz. She cursed the forces of evil, and let the Spirit of Fritz inspire her. She pulled out her battlemap, rechecked her plans, and rallied the troops. She had to have every detail in order, and was relying on Psych to help issue orders.

Jackie Daytona walked outside as soon as night hit. As he looked around he said to himself “This is quite the night. I haven’t seen this many errant football shots since I partied with Diego in 84. And I AM NOT in line for that today” But it was a helliva story. Perhaps mtr would enjoy a tale that would make the night go by.

Claws was thrilled with his spot. Nobody knew that he was setting in the shadows of Reno. From his hiding spot, he checked the control room. If he could only learn about LDG, then they all might understand.

As the forces of good neared their twin destinations, the machinations of evil set in as well.

Jlaw knew that she would need to keep the people free from hope. So she sponsored a Silver Lingins Playbook Watch party. After everyone had to pretend they liked it more than they did, it was the perfect time for Jlaw to work her plan through the populace.

Danny Devito took interest in the war. He had always loved Kumquats and decided to turn his citrus obsession into a tactical advantage.

Daddy Dearest was enraged by the stern glare girlfriend had received. He roamed through the office taking out his rage and egging the minions of Robot Devil on to victory.

The Robot Devil himself sat in silent contemplation. As he was best by all sides, who were his friends? Who were his most dangerous enemies? Who could stop the advances of good? And who had more strategic importance between LDG and VK?

Sadly this was not all that happened. As Kumquat moved through Europe. Erling caught site of her. Kumquat never saw the ball as it struck her in the back of the head.

But she did see the stern glance after.

Claws saw Kumquat take a hit through the camera. He thanked his lucky stars that he was safe in Reno. Just then a patrolman rounded the corner. Claws had not realized how noisy he had been all day yesterday. He had led them right to him. Claws tried to convince him he was evil, but Danny Devito wasn’t buying it. He called a penalty on Claws, and the resultant Haaland free kick knocked him on his ass.

When Claws looked up, he saw Erling’s stern glare through the monitor

Kumquat has been eliminated. She was Pico-Town ON RB

Claws has been eliminated-He was Claws - Town-Aligned Claws

The armies of good wailed at the fall of theor comrades.

But LemonDemons don’t just wail. They get even. They found Jennifer Lawrence walking through the halls. Her reign of pretentious movie watch parties and no Hallmark Christmas moves had gone far enough.

The LemonDemonGirl attacked JLaw. When LDG was done cooking, she knew her No Hard Feeling Stew would be the hit of the Christmas Party.

Badger has been eliminated. He was Jennifer Lawrence-Scum JOAT

As day broke, the armies saw their respective targets in site. But the Robot Devil himself sat on the throne. He had lost Girlfriend. He had lost Jlaw.

And he intended to make sure Christmas stayed lost for all.

Eliminated players
Val-Ritz-EN Roleblocker Town
CWE-Girlfriend-RB SCUM
Kumquat-Pico -Town ON RB
Claws-Town Aligned Claws
Badger-JLaw-JOAT SCUM

With 13 Active players, Hammer is 7

Begin Day 3

Last edited:

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well that was a bloody night. Well sort of. I forget that people are just being glared at

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Town-aligned Claws is the funniest role name I have seen in a game so far. Well done Claws.

That very clearly means MTR is the target today since Claws had no reason to actually lie.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Good shit

Seems like scum caught on so I'll share

CWE, Xanjori, and LDG targeted Kumquat on N1. For some reason we only saw two people target Kumquat, which makes me think one of them might be Daddy Dearest or another character that didn't have a target.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Let's see. I would have tested Claw's info over yeeted CWE. I would have been too worried it was a jester/bomb type over someone claiming info.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Good shit

CWE, Xanjori, and LDG targeted Kumquat on N1. For some reason we only saw two people target Kumquat, which makes me think one of them might be Daddy Dearest or another character that didn't have a target.

The N1 writeup looked like 3 ppl targeted Kumquat... at least that was my interpretation

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I also feel rock should be re-evaluated. I feel like I had a reason why he's probably still town, but if MTR ends up being a valuable role, he needs to be called into question.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I also feel rock should be re-evaluated. I feel like I had a reason why he's probably still town, but if MTR ends up being a valuable role, he needs to be called into question.
I put Rock down as someone i wanted to look at after immunity wore off.

Xanjori was someone I put down almost immediately on my list as potential scum for a gutfeel. But, as noted, I do this all the time.

MTR claimed scum.

Future concerns me. I have some concerns.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
18 player game. Only one potential neutral in the BN character. Numbers below count Claws as town.

12(11)/6/0(1)
13(12)/5/0(1)

So either 5 or 6 scum. I haven't looked to see if we have seen more than 5 names. I think I'd build it for 6.

CWE
Badger
MTR (Claws Info)
Xanjori (Psycho Info)

Leaves us with 1-2 (I assume 2)

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Good shit

Very disapointed to see psych does not have a swedish chef restriction

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Guy I lynched from sure scum over a maybe gulity (from my pov) and there's an inno or something on me anyways

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I put Rock down as someone i wanted to look at after immunity wore off.

Xanjori was someone I put down almost immediately on my list as potential scum for a gutfeel. But, as noted, I do this all the time.

MTR claimed scum.

Future concerns me. I have some concerns.
Also look at my voting history and posting this game and even pretend for a second Im scum. Get over it

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Guy I lynched from sure scum over a maybe gulity (from my pov) and there's an inno or something on me anyways
The problem i had is I think scum are more likely to take the "don't trust the 3p" line in my experience. But I'm happy just trusting the info of one of your biggest haters.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
4 people visited Kumquat on N1. Only three characters appear targeting Kumquat on N1. One of the people that targeted Kumquat on N1 was either not in writeup, or was in writeup but did not show a target.
Wat

Top Bottom