Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Insaner actually seems more towny in this phase. What’s getting me is how (or even if) CWE was evidently wrong according to Insaner in misinterpreting his dees. To be fair CWE did go back a bit but it would be good to get to the bottom of that before I feel better about Insaner.
Without knowing anything about CWE's role its hard to guess (which I'm sure is a reason for his method of kill - maintain confusion). If we had an idea what his role name was then we'd be better able to take run at what his results may or may not have been (and maybe even solve his riddle).

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Without knowing anything about CWE's role its hard to guess (which I'm sure is a reason for his method of kill - maintain confusion). If we had an idea what his role name was then we'd be better able to take run at what his results may or may not have been (and maybe even solve his riddle).
Yes let us see if that can come to light somehow. 👍

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’m also genuinely undecided if it’s a possibility all the House are town. Still getting a bit of paranoia there’s one but will wait and see how things go.
I've asked myself the same question, lol. Technically anything is possible, regardless of likelihood. However, there are fewer of us playing than usual so wouldn't that increase the possibility of all three of us randing town? I know I'm town and, so far, I've been consistently reading Future as town. Up to now, MTR hasn't sold me one way or the other. But I'm just now getting to his posts in the thread (I'm commenting as I'm reading) so we'll see if that stays the same.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I've asked myself the same question, lol. Technically anything is possible, regardless of likelihood. However, there are fewer of us playing than usual so wouldn't that increase the possibility of all three of us randing town? I know I'm town and, so far, I've been consistently reading Future as town. Up to now, MTR hasn't sold me one way or the other. But I'm just now getting to his posts in the thread (I'm commenting as I'm reading) so we'll see if that stays the same.
Okay fair enough.

I’ll see what your take is. 👍

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm pretty sure the entire house is not all town. Would not be shocked if 2 of them are scum.

That's interesting. I would need to ISO to validate but I have felt a bit like you've been bouncing around between House members since D1 (with varying levels of reasoning). To me, its almost seemed like you were trying to take temperatures to see where you may be able to lay seeds for a mislynch.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
with only 3 of us playing I feel that increases chance of us all being town which has happened and leaning that way currently
I'm not quite willing to commit to that. I agree that with three of us we *could* all be town. But to reiterate, I've been the most on the fence about you. Nothing I can put my finger on so that's why I haven't outright put you on my Sus list. But at the same time, I'm seeing lots of interaction from you to defend yourself, and Future, but not much by way of solving or identifying where else we should be looking.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I have trouble reading claws as I have stated a lot because has fooled me too many times when I was convinced he was town and he was scum.
Really? Claws is the one person that I'm 100% on being town. He's the only read I have that I haven't questioned umpteen times.

Listo95

That's interesting. I would need to ISO to validate but I have felt a bit like you've been bouncing around between House members since D1 (with varying levels of reasoning). To me, its almost seemed like you were trying to take temperatures to see where you may be able to lay seeds for a mislynch.
Bored Hurry Up GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
As far as CWE, I think he is Schultz but unsure if there is a way to confirm that as he hasn’t flipped.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Like I said, you'll have to convince me to vote him. I'm waiting.

Unfortunately you're only willing to parrot Listo and vote 'because MTR lol' Give me something to work with!
Quoted for posterity….again.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I like this post, mainly becuase most of the work has been done for me. And when reads are difficult, and dees have not been forthcoming, vote patterns usually provide some clarity.
I've talked before about the speed of the Morrison yeet, and six votes in 11 posts. I've seen something similar in the past scum jumped on a couple of errant votes and railroaded the last couple of day phases almost without competition to victory. As a non playing bystander, it was impressively synchronised. And I believe Tildey was one of the scum players that time.

Vote: Tildey

You're remembering the wrestling themed game. I was scum with Void, Foxxi, Morrison, and I can't remember who else. We did do a quick yeet like that in a late phase knowing we were outing ourselves. Not D1. :lol:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Let us also take a brief moment to address Insaner:

- Encouraged 2 inactive yeets. Okay maybe that could be towny but…
- Called out CWE’s logic. Mayyybeee but
- Scumreading Listo…now I dunno.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Hmmm not sure if he’d be allowed to share that MTR.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Really? Claws is the one person that I'm 100% on being town. He's the only read I have that I haven't questioned umpteen times.
I have been completely convinced he was town when he was scum more than once so yeah I don't even try to read him anymore especially early in the game. I have stated this in like multiple games

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
But I’ll leave that to Listo to confirm or not. 👍

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I have been completely convinced he was town when he was scum more than once so yeah I don't even try to read him anymore especially early in the game. I have stated this in like multiple games
Im almost 100% claws is town. Only pause would be if he's 3p. His 3p play is similar to his town play.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Let us also take a brief moment to address Insaner:

- Encouraged 2 inactive yeets. Okay maybe that could be towny but…
- Called out CWE’s logic. Mayyybeee but
- Scumreading Listo…now I dunno.
lol

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
But naturally I have questions when Listo was one of your bottom reads. I don’t think that is unfair to ask why you felt that way.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Okay fine. Just trying to contribute to solving but apparently not allowed to when it’s you. Glad we’re clear on that. 👍
I did not "call out CWE's logic"

He never provided any logic

He just said "dees" and I said "bullshit"

Not much was used in that conversation

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I did not "call out CWE's logic"

He never provided any logic

He just said "dees" and I said "bullshit"

Not much was used in that conversation
I’m sorry, let me clarify.

CWE earlier said he was sure his logic was 99% solid. He’s a strong town player who’s USUALLY (I’m not saying he’s infallible of course) right on these things. I am also curious tbf why it was not pushed further from his end other than that puzzle.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't get why you'd jump to immediately town reading Listo for claiming deets on an already dying wolf (assuming MTR is indeed a wolf)

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I don't get why you'd jump to immediately town reading Listo for claiming deets on an already dying wolf (assuming MTR is indeed a wolf)
It doesn’t seem like a scum Listo move to me is my take. I find him generally a bit more theatrical as scum (eg Madame). I feel he’s playing it more straight here.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I’m sorry, let me clarify.

CWE earlier said he was sure his logic was 99% solid. He’s a strong town player who’s USUALLY (I’m not saying he’s infallible of course) right on these things. I am also curious tbf why it was not pushed further from his end other than that puzzle.
Still, CWE never presented said logic so there was none for me to call out.

He also said 90% not 99%.

He also said that every single thing I posted except for one read as towny to him and he voted someone who wasn't me by the end of yesterday.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

He also said that every single thing I posted except for one read as towny to him and he voted someone who wasn't me by the end of yesterday.
EBWOP yeah meant to put 90%. Typo my bad.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It doesn’t seem like a scum Listo move to me is my take. I find him generally a bit more theatrical as scum (eg Madame). I feel he’s playing it more straight here.
I can see town Listo seeing Dreyski voting someone other than MTR and going fuck this shit I'm claiming.

But I still think it wasn't exactly required to get MTR yeeted here.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I can see town Listo seeing Dreyski voting someone other than MTR and going fuck this shit I'm claiming.

But I still think it wasn't exactly required to get MTR yeeted here.
Regardless it’s a bold move. I see it as towny wanting to get their info out just to make sure the yeet goes through. Maybe he thinks there’s a doc or something that can protect him. Claiming seems like an awful risk if MTR flips green.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Regardless it’s a bold move. I see it as towny wanting to get their info out just to make sure the yeet goes through. Maybe he thinks there’s a doc or something that can protect him. Claiming seems like an awful risk if MTR flips green.
No it really isn't a bold move to either:

1) Claim the info you have truthfully
2) Seal the deal on a mafia partner who was probably gonna die anyway

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
No it really isn't a bold move to either:

1) Claim the info you have truthfully
2) Seal the deal on a mafia partner who was probably gonna die anyway
Well I’ll guess we’ll see how this shakes out.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Listo has been sitting on the MTR vote since he showed up D2... so he likely had deets from N1, but hadnt stated deets til today. At least looking at votes, is my assumption.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm assuming this info is legit regardless of Listo's alignment and MTR is flipping red.

I believe that BN should be next.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Either way, none of that clears you. As you claim to be now.

Listo95

Listo has been sitting on the MTR vote since he showed up D2... so he likely had deets from N1, but hadnt stated deets til today. At least looking at votes, is my assumption.
Nope. Got last night. Yesterday was purely for vote location.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Since we have deets on MTR, and I know not all have posted in thread... Do we give everyone time to get quests done? Or do we try to limit gold scum can get?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The only event I see is MTR has been outed as wolf
So the productive thing here would be to look at everyone's interactions with MTR to see who might be aligned/unaligned with him.

To save you some trouble:

I was somewhat suspicious of MTR on d1 and then eased off on it on D2. Had him in my Poe but not in the bottom of that poe. Kinda started a counterwagon to him when MTR was at 2 votes and I started pushing Val.

I'll concede that it's not a good look for me.

Also BN has been an MTR apologist today I would say.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
So the productive thing here would be to look at everyone's interactions with MTR to see who might be aligned/unaligned with him.

To save you some trouble:

I was somewhat suspicious of MTR on d1 and then eased off on it on D2. Had him in my Poe but not in the bottom of that poe. Kinda started a counterwagon to him when MTR was at 2 votes and I started pushing Val.

I'll concede that it's not a good look for me.

Also BN has been an MTR apologist today I would say.
More then a little stretch there...

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
He did say yesterday that he went to a wrestling show saturday and had another to goto sunday evening.

The fact he hasnt done/said anything today could be something. But not knowing his life, cant really tell one way or another
Nope

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Because CWE's info really doesn't condemn me.

If you think I am mafia, you should push me based on something other than that.
Im not pushing you. Just saying nothing clears you. Your vote record and the "anyone but me (or future)" would be worth pushing more then the CWE stuff.

At best I have you town lean. I just dislike how you talk to people. So that may be more bias towards not moving you higher into a town read.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Everything from you seems to come from a VERY narrow pov... I dont think you step back and look at the big picture of what could be. And you solely push that narrow pov.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well, I was never insinuating that I should be cleared here so it just seemed like a random thing to say.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like I have been the paragon of civility in this game. Do others feel differently?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Well, I was never insinuating that I should be cleared here so it just seemed like a random thing to say.
When you keep saying "It doesnt condemn me"... that feels like insinuating in cleared... not to mention you've essentially claimed to be cleared.

So if you keep saying 1, ill remind you the other is also true

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I feel like I have been the paragon of civility in this game. Do others feel differently?
Paragon of civilty?? well somebody has probably eaten a thesaurus for lunch lol.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
When you keep saying "It doesnt condemn me"... that feels like insinuating in cleared... not to mention you've essentially claimed to be cleared.

So if you keep saying 1, ill remind you the other is also true
I was just arguing the allegations levied against me.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
What things did I say that you felt were rude?
Oh no I never said it was rude….just found your “paragon of civility” line funny. It was not an actual indictment on your civility…just was a funny line is all.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ah I see, lol.

Well most of my knowledge of English comes from movies and books and such so I may know some words that aren't that commonly used by everyday speakers haha.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Ah I see, lol.

Well most of my knowledge of English comes from movies and books and such so I may know some words that aren't that commonly used by everyday speakers haha.
Cool.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I also read it in Frasier’s voice because that sounds EXACTLY like something he’d say! 😂😂

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

I think the closest interpretation of calling out logic might be you thinking he was tracker.

I don't want to be pedantic about what "calling out" means. But that might be what is being referenced.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I think the closest interpretation of calling out logic might be you thinking he was tracker.

I don't want to be pedantic about what "calling out" means. But that might be what is being referenced.
Pretty much along those lines yeah. 👍

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Maze is well versed and fluent in Badger speak. It’s probably his second language.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
But then again he could be Claudio and it’s like his fifth language lol.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't see why listo would fake dees on a bad mtr lynch. Unless I am greatly missing something, because why would you fake right now?

Good job listo.

Assuming this is all on the up and up, the nice thing is listo waited, and mtr's defenses are probably pretty telling.

Vote: mtr

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
His only really glaring error was Teela but other than that, he reads the Badge book.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't see why listo would fake dees on a bad mtr lynch. Unless I am greatly missing something, because why would you fake right now?

Good job listo.

Assuming this is all on the up and up, the nice thing is listo waited, and mtr's defenses are probably pretty telling.

Vote: mtr
Nah, MTR pretty much repeated what he already said previously that he town read myself, Xanjori and Future and promised he'll do later.

Made me think he was already I'm anti-spew and trying to limit information after his death rather than trying to fight for his life.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
That vote puts MTR at L-2

My question still stands... Do we lynch? or give everyone time for quests and more discussion? Do we think scum need gold too?

Top Bottom