Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Claws

Mastermind
The only think tht bothers me is future ildid nothing til on defense while bn has been sussy most game but around at least

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The only think tht bothers me is future ildid nothing til on defense while bn has been sussy most game but around at least
If BN has been sussy all game isn’t that the way to go? I’ve been riding off my D1 defense and subsequent town read. I dropped the ball last phase, I understand that.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Tildey, why did you vote BN?

BN who would you not consider voting today?

Mazer, would you vote for Badger?

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Teela was my role in a He-Man game. I was on the yellow scum team but I didn’t know my partners were but they knew me. They could do things like essentially control my votes, give commands and stuff. It was like a sickness. If the right person found me I’d be town completely otherwise stay yellow scum.

I honestly did try to townside to begin with before the shenanigans of fooling Mazer and going down the scum path because wasn’t confident I was going to be found and made town.
@Xanjori

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
They both have bad records. I just have some explanation for blind ninja. If future dies and is town, my legacy read is kill blind ninja tomorrow. If he's scum, look at tildey, and the rest of the counter train, obviously.

Future, explanation wise, I'm stuck with either "he's doing too poor" or "not doing well enough?"

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Tildey, why did you vote BN?

BN who would you not consider voting today?

Mazer, would you vote for Badger?
No I would not vote badger. He's like my number 2 town.

On a separate note, I went through every mtr post and bote, and laid it all out. Andv he best I get back is "my gut says" or "it seems too easy".

but it's fine.

Day/Night 4

Nightingale

Administrator
Final Vote Tally:

5 - Future: Mazer(1616), Badger(1631), BlindNinja(1765), Xan(1926), Claws(1927)
2 - BN: Future(1681), Tildey(1729)

Not Currently Voting: Drey(1561)

The loss of two people - even if the Hero being one of them surprised no one - dampened the mood of the little village. They mulled around unsure of who had last been seen with the missing people, until finally pointing the finger at Shameen - Baba had disguised his wife once, who said she wasn't masquerading as his husband now?

Future has been eliminated. He was Shameen - town Innkeeper.
Future's Will:
N1 - no action
N2 - xanjori
N3 - listo

It is now night four. Night four deadline Sunday March 24th at 7pm eastern.

Last edited:

Nightingale

Administrator
The sun rose over a solemn Spielburg. In the center of town slumped over the body of the Hero was the body of Amelia. The few villagers who gathered looked at the sight, and then promptly decided it was time to pack their bags and go live somewhere less cursed.

Badger has been killed. He was Amelia Appleberry - town medical examiner.

The curse of Baba Yaga reigns! Congratulations to:
MTR - Erasmus
Blind Ninja - Fenrus
Dreyski - Bats and Scarlet
Mazer - Baba Yaga

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Was fun. Like that quests added to abilities.

Think all scum actions, except the kill being hidden might have been too much. Since targets of actions werent seen, maybe if it was a percentage of actions shown/not-shown like town it could have helped town a bit.

@ForgottenHold really good last half of the final day. You last read list was solid.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah basically, my win con was to role block 5 people that had targeted me.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Oh lmao it's over

3 misyeets to lose in a game with four mafia

It looks like after all those years my desire for a truly wolf sided setup has been satisfied xD

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Was fun. Like that quests added to abilities.

Think all scum actions, except the kill being hidden might have been too much. Since targets of actions werent seen, maybe if it was a percentage of actions shown/not-shown like town it could have helped town a bit.

@ForgottenHold really good last half of the final day. You last read list was solid.
Thanks.

Dreyski was my least confident but everyone else had Dreyski down

I knew it had to be you. Mazer came to me as an epiphany

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Gg wolves though

Mazer managed to fool me for so long. Had started to question it on D3 but I wasn't really into him at all

Dreyski managed to fool me completely

BN didn't fool me but he didn't get lynched either so gj lol

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Gg wolves though

Mazer managed to fool me for so long. Had started to question it on D3 but I wasn't really into him at all

Dreyski managed to fool me completely

BN didn't fool me but he didn't get lynched either so gj lol
I knew you had to go the night we killed you. If we hadnt, you would have been pushing the thread hard to lynch me.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
honestly I’m shocked that I actually got the entire scum team in my final POE
Like I said, really solid final read there. A bit more flushed out and it could potentially shifted the EoD. And if out kill didnt go through, would have been a great starting point going into the next day. Really coming along. That MIA most of D3 and half of DD4 kinda hurt you.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I knew you had to go the night we killed you. If we hadnt, you would have been pushing the thread hard to lynch me.
Yeah I even said so on D3

Sadly no one other than Future batted an eye when a suspected slot like me died in the night

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Fucking guuuuutteeedddd!!!!

@Mazer is eeeeevillllllll, Badger is trying to remove this knife from my back. Somebody hug me!

And had this what I what was a perfect theorem of Listo being blown up because the Antwerp who I thought was Dreyski cut him up….

My world just does not make sense anymore at the moment….betrayed Maze betrayed

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
@Mazer…after the ATE talk you gave me….my heart is currently crushed!

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

@Mazer is eeeeevillllllll, Badger is trying to remove this knife from my back. Somebody hug me!

And had this what I what was a perfect theorem of Listo being blown up because the Antwerp who I thought was Dreyski cut him up….

We had essentially a trap.

If a doc targeted someone, that person would die.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I hope you’re happy…you broke Badger!!!

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Should’ve listened to me

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
We had essentially a trap.

If a doc targeted someone, that person would die.
Not blaming you…my oldest friend (although quite magnificently)…knifed me like Rollins to Reigns, after that whole speech about keeping on eye for the next few games.

Eeeeeeevillll I tells ya….eeeeevilllll!!!

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Not blaming you…my oldest friend (although quite magnificently)…knifed me like Rollins to Reigns, after that whole speech about keeping on eye for the next few games.

Eeeeeeevillll I tells ya….eeeeevilllll!!!
Wolves do what they gotta

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
But I shall serve him a dish iiiiiiucee coooold. Like the RKO….he will see it coming yet not see it coming!!!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Not an unfair point. I've known Badger a long time, and I strongly believe he is town. Frankly, I don't even like why I know, because I didn't like the day 1 interaction. Badger also knows if he pulls that ATE as a scum, like he did a much lesser version of 1 time, and for the next several games afterwards he will know no peace.

Am I lying Badger?
Ohhh dangerous statement @Mazer My heart is damaged and yes you got the win knowing full well I was town and struggling with emotions. Just going to say well done sir but expect an RKO…

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
GG scum, sorry I couldn't help as much I would have liked (missing two votes is pretty egregious, but in both cases I was otherwise engaged at hammer time)

Bad luck town, when I saw our powers and game mechanics, I figured things would be tipped in our favour. The hidden action + rolestop combination may be a little broken. That said, we didn't want to use the cursed vig as there ws no guarantee we wouldn't be the victims, especially later game.
And unlucky Future. Nailing all three remaining mafia members while facing a misyeet is quite the feat.

Tensions sometimes boiled over in the game, but hopefully we all remember that's all it is in the end.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Thanks @Nightingale

I’m sorry your game is going to be responsible for @Mazer post-game by tuberculosis and some raging fists but great game anyway dear xx

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Ohhh dangerous statement @Mazer My heart is damaged and yes you got the win knowing full well I was town and struggling with emotions. Just going to say well done sir but expect an RKO…
I thought you were good after day 1. I have long been on record on saying I don't like to see the frustrated, mad card on here.

And as I said, it's not fair to get mad when people suss people early. I've had the last however many games as town and claws, 3pups, etc will ALWAYS vote me early. Me saying it can be frustrating is genuine. My comments to you day 1 were genuine.

I never asked anyone to give me any read based on anything than gameplay. The post you quote is true. You played well that game, and made several self deprecating posts that genuinely made me not feel great about winning a vote. To the point of me posting hbk/flair gifs. I didn't understand that me mentioning that would trigger something. I did have to have real.explanation when people were asking me about you. And I responded to them in a true way. I did not intend for it to come across differently.

Ive been pretty consistent in how I've discussed people playing the "real life" card to get votes. If frustration comes out happens, but making people feel down to win us not something I like.

It's why I put down rock, even though he was town, two games ago.

In playing I was saying things that were true, when asked or one time when things got heated. And that was an honest attempt at deescalation, as things had gotten personal between you and claws.

I had no intent otherwise, and apologize if it was received differently .

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I thought you were good after day 1. I have long been on record on saying I don't like to see the frustrated, mad card on here.

And as I said, it's not fair to get mad when people suss people early. I've had the last however many games as town and claws, 3pups, etc will ALWAYS vote me early. Me saying it can be frustrating is genuine. My comments to you day 1 were genuine.

I never asked anyone to give me any read based on anything than gameplay. The post you quote is true. You played well that game, and made several self deprecating posts that genuinely made me not feel great about winning a vote. To the point of me posting hbk/flair gifs. I didn't understand that me mentioning that would trigger something. I did have to have real.explanation when people were asking me about you. And I responded to them in a true way. I did not intend for it to come across differently.

Ive been pretty consistent in how I've discussed people playing the "real life" card to get votes. If frustration comes out happens, but making people feel down to win us not something I like.

In playing I was saying things that were true, when asked or one time when things got heated. And that was an honest attempt at deescalation, as things had gotten personal between you and claws.

I was fine and am trying to pick up the pieces…but let it be known your time will come sir plus @CWE…you were right! Spider-Man this web to fuck lol

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

That is all very good and I give you a hearty handshake…

But as much as you said I might have been scum and the speech you gave me when I was pissed about being pre-judged…Badger will not forget this!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Caito has it on Easy Street from CWE compared to what is coming from you anytime, anyplace, anywhere…

But congrats anyway I guess!!

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That is all very good and I give you a hearty handshake…

But as much as you said I might have been scum and the speech you gave me when I was pissed about being pre-judged…Badger will not forget this!
In fairness, me not wanting you and claws telling each other to fuck off and having matthieu's being a dick come up.... was not about this game.

The personal insult stuff is getting a little too consistent for me.

Nightingale

Administrator
Town Roles:
*__The “Hero” - Town Joat:__* You are the titular hero of this tale. Allegedly.
- **(1 gold) - Hide (2x):** Choose a target and cower behind them. If your target is killed you die.
- **(2 gold) - Track (1x):** Choose a target and follow them to safety, you hope. You will learn who your target visited, if anyone. If your target is killed you die.
- **(4 gold) - Cop (1x):** Choose a target and snoop through their belongings to see if they have nefarious plans. If your target catches you, (targets you the same night) you die.
- **(5 gold) - Vig (1x):** Choose a target and attack them in a fit of fear induced rage you hope looks heroic. If your target is town you die.
*__Win Con:__* Remove all threats to the town.

*__Schultz Meistersson - Town Narcalept:__* You’re the sheriff of Spielburg. Mostly because no one else wanted the job, but hey - no one expects *you* to break this curse, your adventuring days are over.
- **(2 gold) - Dream of 1:** You see a vision of a random person in your sleep. You are sure this person is town.
- **(4 gold) - Dream of 3 (1x):** You see a vision of three people while you sleep. You are sure at *least* one of these people is not town.

*__Pterry - Town Motivating Mason finder:__* You are small, winged, scaley, and no one really knows what you are.
- **(1 gold) - Shiny!:** Choose a target, if your target is Pteresa the lost mason, you join a chat with them.
- **(0 gold) - Shiny!!:** You may give Pteresa up to 2 gold from your stash. You may only do this if you have found Pteresa.

*__Henry the Hermit - Town Backup:__* You are old and tired of people’s shit. So you moved out into the sticks and do your best to avoid it. Unfortunately you still need *some* people around so you try to help out at least nominally.
- **(2 gold) - Backup:** Choose a dead town player. You will gain one use of an ability they had at random. You won’t get an ability that has no uses left
- **(4 gold) - Encore:** Use a previously backed up ability again. Doesn’t work with limited use abilities.

*__Bartender - Town Brewer:__* You are the owner of the town’s brewery. You don’t make the best booze, or even really what anyone would call *good* booze, but you do brew booze that makes people not care how shitty it is. Can’t care if they aren’t conscious, right?
- **(1 gold) - Troll’s Sweat (roleblock):** Choose a target and serve them a mug of your Troll’s Sweat. The player will be unable to perform any actions.
- **(2 gold) - Ale (selective roleblock):** Choose a target and serve them a mug of Ale. The player will be unable to kill, but will be able to perform other actions.

*__Shameen - Town Innkeep:__* You are a generous katta, founder of many inns through the land, and have settled in Spielburg for now, feeling a safe place for travelers is in dire need here.
- **(1 gold) - Serve a meal (doctor):** Choose a target and give them a delicious meal that will heal them up and make them feel comfortable and safe. Kill attempts on the player will fail.
- **(2 gold) - Offer a room (jail):** Choose a target and usher them into a room to rest for the night. Kill attempts on the player will fail, and they will be unable to perform any actions.

*__Otto Von Goon - Town Ogre:__* You are the Sheriff’s right hand Ogre. He’s taught you to be his eyes and ears… and not to pulverize anyone. Mostly.
- **(1 gold) - Ogre’s hearing:** Choose a target, you will be told if any action is performed on or by your target. You will not be told what kind of actions, or who performed them.
- **(3 gold) - RAWR!:** Choose a target and stand guard over them. If anyone attempts to kill your target, you die instead, and kill the attacker.

*__Shema - Town Waitress:__* You are the wife of Shameen, a kind and friendly katta who seeks to aid the hero and rid this land of the curse.
- **(2 gold) - Gossip:** Choose a target, to have a chat with. If your target dies and would have been given results, you will receive them.
- ***(4 gold) - Dance(1x):** You perform a distracting dance. Any actions that target you will fail.

*__Pteresa - Town Lost Mason Observer:__* You are the mate of Pterry. You are ever watchful and observant for threats to you and your nest.
- **(3 gold) - Track:** Choose a target and follow them. You will be told who they visit, if anyone.
- **(3 gold) - Watch:** Choose a target and watch them. You will be told who visits, if anyone.

*__Amelia Appleberry - Town Medical Examiner:__* You are the local - and only healer - in these parts, but that’s not your only trick. You’ve seen a lot in your days, and have learned to notice things others ignore.
- **(2 gold) - Examine:** Choose a dead town player. You will learn what abilities the player possessed.
- **(4 gold) - Analyze:** Choose a dead town player. You will learn what abilities the player chose to use, and their targets.

Neutral:
*__Antwerp - Neutral Nuisance:__* You are a bouncing blob of…something?
- **(1 gold) - Boing:** Bound into the air and avoid any actions that would target you. You will be told if you avoided at least one action.
- **(1 gold) - Splat:** Fall out of the sky and plop onto all players who you have avoided the actions of, and roleblock them.
*__Win Con:__* Role block 5 players total with Splat (not all at once). Once you meet your win-con, you leave the game.

Scum Abilities:
# **__Scum Ability List:__**
--**__Factional Kill__-** Choose a player to kill
--**__Tainted Assistance__-**choose a player and offer them one of the following abilities. These abilities have no gold cost, do not expire and may not be multitasked. If they attempt to use the offered favor regardless of success, the player’s actions will fail for the remainder of the game. The player will not be informed why their actions are failing:
- 1x Vig
- 2x Doc (one remaining)
- 2x Roleblock
--**__Roleblock__-** Choose a player and prevent them from performing any actions
--**__Role Stop__-** Choose a player and prevent any actions from being performed on them
--**__2x Anti-Doctor__-** (one remaining) Choose a player, if that player is also the target of a doctor ability on the same night the player will instead die.

# **__Scum Special Kills__**
--**__1x Ninja__-** Replaces your factional kill. Choose a target to kill, the player carrying the kill cannot be tracked, and your target will be shrouded preventing them from being watched.
--**__1x Cannibal__-** ~~Replaces your factional kill. Choose a target to kill, your target will not have their role or targets released on death, but you will be given that info privately.~~
--**__ 1x Chicken Hut__-** ~~Replaces your factional kill. A combination of a ninja, cannibal and strong arm kill. The player carrying this kill cannot be tracked, your target will be shrouded; preventing them from being watched, and the kill is amplified.~~

Last edited:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
In fairness, me not wanting you and claws telling each other to fuck off and having matthieu's being a dick come up.... was not about this game.

The personal insult stuff is getting a little too consistent for me.
Yeah I know and why was that my fault anyway? Claws said I was taking the piss out of Matthieu like I was a bully to him when Matthieu was using ME as his blustery take out leaving the site because I didn’t flip scum.

@Mazer ….you know I’m an emotional bloke more than most…but you giving me that whole emotional speech about getting back into the game, even selling me on the fact that you would not let me forgetting it…but you know my anxiety so maybe you did or didn’t know but that whole speech when I was struggling not you letting me forget if I flipped scum….just felt like you taking the piss out of me ya dig? Point is…you knew/know I am struggling and you planting the seed in not letting me not forget me being scum knowing how emotional I was getting and reminding me about those “masterstokes”…then look what happens…Badger got gamed for believing you might be town and can’t focus on your play because…you fucking put the guilt-trip on me. Dirtyyy playyy!!!So here is an idea why I may not be entirely pleased…good day sir.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It won't happen again. Claws can have free reign.
I know I’m my own worst enemy and wouldn’t have even minded the Teela reference but surely you out of everyone even knowing me knowing how emotional was getting reminding me all of the madterstokes but the “I’m not gonna let you forget it if you flip scum” really irked me….

But at the same time I know I’m not the smartest or eloquent bloke…but still feel a bit like I’m being singled out for masterstrokes when we’ve all done masterstrokes in our time. I know I do that shit, but just feels like A. You know that and B. Winding me up because your speech actually had me in tears til that “Am I lying Badger?” shit. And here you are fucking scum!

So yes game is game but just felt you were getting a whole emotional rise out of me bringing all that up writing that up just to get a rise out of me.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That was not my intention.

I could be wrong, but in my view, you were underselling yourself and taking suss personally.

You might feel you are not to that level. I feel like you have pulled enough big wins over the years, that people will be reserved. You did bring me up on failing to read you correctly. I felt I was telling you why. Game aside, it would have felt wrong not to ignore you talking about me.

After he man, I complimented you pulling the deprecation card to work me over. I felt bad there, and wouldnt get burned again. Been truthful there.

I did consider you might be the purple or mystery yellow, but for most of the game that didn't feel right, because of your emotion. When people asked why i read you, i answered honestly. I don't predict you doing the "mazer is this and that" again. And that was not a serial killer or whatever response. Even with that, there was a day where I started to tinfoil frustrated 3rd party. Because you could pull it off.

If most other people are in a fight, I would have been ok with seeing them become ingrained against the other, or just gotten annoyed. I obviously should have just stayed out of it.

Obviously, my intention was not something that conveyed well in a randomly assigned mafia game. I thought I could break character and it would be good. It was not.

So one more big misread for mazer.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
That was not my intention.

I could be wrong, but in my view, you were underselling yourself and taking suss personally.

You might feel you are not to that level. I feel like you have pulled enough big wins over the years, that people will be reserved. You did bring me up on failing to read you correctly. I felt I was telling you why. Game aside, it would have felt wrong not to ignore you talking about me.

After he man, I complimented. I didn't complain that you compared yourself to md negatively. I felt bad there. And I've always been truthful. I did consider you might be the purple or mystery yellow, but for most of the game that didn't feel right, because of your emotion. When people asked why i read you, i answered honestly. I don't predict you doing the "mazer is this and that" again. And that was not a serial killer or whatever response. Even with that, there was a day where I started to tinfoil frustrated 3rd party. Because you could pull it off.

If most other people are in a fight, I would have been ok with seeing them become ingrained against the other, or just gotten annoyed. I obviously should have just stayed out of it.

Obviously, my intention was not something that conveyed well in a randomly assigned mafia game. I thought I could break character and it would be good. It was not.

So one more big misread for mazer.
It may have not been your intention and know we’re all big boys and this is just an internet game but just so you realise the whole “I’m not gonna forgeeet” thing when already reminded about my shit felt manipulative when you should have had an idea I was really anxious.

Look mate I won’t “Badger” you over this and miscommunication can happen but it felt (possibly not your intention) knowing the tone of my posts over that period of time especially over Xmas time if you know your history was bad timing.

This is why I wonder sometimes if you can really read me.

Anyway let’s not Coronation Street this lol. Well done scummy bastards!! 🍺🍺

Top Bottom