Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Hey I’m catching up now, i haven’t been able to post today, I support the art train before, I was feeling icky about some of the early posts during this day phase, I then noticed the train that was started. It’s mostly a gut thing idk. Not a great reason I’m aware. I don’t think sleep is the way to go.

Quick question what is omgus
As for my absence I’m doing my best
Oh my god you suck
It means you retaliate by voting against somebody that angers you or voted against you. Generally seen as bad play.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
still processing from the weekend, where i didn't read much. speed reading through with no names isn't giving me much by the way of predicting. i missed kumquat as foxxi, but i guess it was obvious to people who know her better. it probably narrows down one or two people, if im right about who they are. you had 2 people who voted right after. you'd expect someone to do something right after that. i'm not crazy about it right now, but feel like someone would have to have some type of agenda. somebody made a comment about ending the day early because scum wanted to catch non-voters. but wouldn't you do that earlier, to catch more?

my feeling there is there has to be something there, but i' feel like i don't have it yet.

sora, try not to push everyone to sleep yet yeah?

sub, what are your thoughts on arceus?
Arceus is probably my highest town even before the recent posts. The most towny reaction and posts during EOD

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

PrincessPeach - 5 (JackSparrow #590, Moana #800, Twintania #822, Bacon #881, Medivh #887)
ArtTheClown - 3 (MasterChief #752, Rikishi #758, Hades #900)
Applejack - 2 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898)
Sora - 2 (PrincessPeach #644, Pikachu #831)
Pikachu - 2 (Sora #852, SubZero #857)
Gibbs - 1 (XavierWoods #655)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, ArtTheClown, Croissant, Gibbs, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, GrumpyCat #828

22 hours remain in Day 2.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
@SubZero

Other than Xavier (why do i keep saying Xander?), I have madybe Medivh for the early sleep vote. Though having played many games before, I think i know who they're and it's probably NAI. Can't be sure though. Unfortunately I do not have the bastion of knowledge so far, so my reads are quite limited.

I don't want either yourself or Sora to be voted off yet because, well then the game would become quite slow.

If im pure OMGUSS'ING theen Masterchief.

Town reads: Sub, Sora, Moana, SolidSnake

Scum leans: Xavier, Medivh, this might be audacious but grumpycat
Whats your scum read on me? or just dislike my posts?

I will say, you are wrong about me being scum. And itll look poor on you if you push me and flip town.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Started reading the day. Looks like mass role block of anybody not red. Subzero was targeted by red in some fashion. The write up says they "gave someone credentials to check out SubZero"

From the rules:
"6. Investigative roles will not receive their own results. Instead, along with action submission, they will choose another player to receive their results instead. You cannot choose the same player twice in a row to receive results. If you are subject to this, your rolecard will state it. Cop investigations will report Supremacy or Other. If the action fails, No Result will be delivered to the user of the ability."

Sounds to me like an investigative role of some kind. Subzero is top person I trust currently purely because I don't see red investigating their own team. This trust may be revoked later if we get evidence of a second scum team, but even then they have more trust than average because they are unlikely to be on red at least.

Sorry if double post. Submitted the post and it didn't seem to go through, so submitted again.
If it was some form of investigating role. Scum would just pick one of their own to receive the information.

So when submitting those actions, be damn well sure the person you send them to is town.

SolidSnake

Lunchable
Vote: Pikachu

The two most active and vocal posters currently agree on the same target. I want to see where that leads.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Ok, let's flip it up

Vote: Applejack
giphy.webp

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
Started reading the day. Looks like mass role block of anybody not red. Subzero was targeted by red in some fashion. The write up says they "gave someone credentials to check out SubZero"

From the rules:
"6. Investigative roles will not receive their own results. Instead, along with action submission, they will choose another player to receive their results instead. You cannot choose the same player twice in a row to receive results. If you are subject to this, your rolecard will state it. Cop investigations will report Supremacy or Other. If the action fails, No Result will be delivered to the user of the ability."

Sounds to me like an investigative role of some kind. Subzero is top person I trust currently purely because I don't see red investigating their own team. This trust may be revoked later if we get evidence of a second scum team, but even then they have more trust than average because they are unlikely to be on red at least.

Sorry if double post. Submitted the post and it didn't seem to go through, so submitted again.
I came to a similiar conclusion. Someone had an investigate on Foxxi and decided that SubZero would recieve the results. However that person that chose SubZero can still be red, because Foxxi wasnt on the red team as far as I can tell, shes a 3p. The real question is why would a red choose Subzero? Do they have some limitations around wolf chat?

MasterChief

Lost Wolf
Also on the PrincessPeach train they do feel awkward so I can get the votes, but the fact my Art train hasnt taken off causes me to become more suspicious :squint:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

PrincessPeach - 4 (JackSparrow #590, Twintania #822, Bacon #881, Medivh #887)
Applejack - 4 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898, Sora #907, SubZero #916)
Pikachu - 1 (Moana #904)
Gibbs - 1 (XavierWoods #655)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, ArtTheClown, Croissant, Gibbs, Sephiroth, GrumpyCat #828, SolidSnake #915

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Just over 12 hours remain.

With 23 people alive, majority is 12 players. If majority is not reached, modified majority will come into play.

Sora

Scorpionish
I think that Applejack's wagon consists of more credible people than Princesses wagon.

Croissant

Lunchable
I keep checking in to see if anything new comes up to change my mind, but I don’t really feel strongly about any of the top trains. I know I’m not going to be able to get online through the day, though, and I don’t want to not submit a vote. The posters I’ve liked best have been Xavier Woods, Bacon, & Master Chief. I did a search and from what I can tell, Gibbs still hasn’t had any posts (which was the reason Xavier gave for voting him). So I’ve decided to sheep Xavier for today’s vote.
Vote: Gibbs

Sora

Scorpionish
I keep checking in to see if anything new comes up to change my mind, but I don’t really feel strongly about any of the top trains. I know I’m not going to be able to get online through the day, though, and I don’t want to not submit a vote. The posters I’ve liked best have been Xavier Woods, Bacon, & Master Chief. I did a search and from what I can tell, Gibbs still hasn’t had any posts (which was the reason Xavier gave for voting him). So I’ve decided to sheep Xavier for today’s vote.
That was at Croissant

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Applejack - 5 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898, Sora #907, SubZero #916, Moana #934)
Gibbs - 2 (XavierWoods #655, Croissant #933)
Pikachu - 1 (Moana #904)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, ArtTheClown, Gibbs, Sephiroth, GrumpyCat #828, SolidSnake #915

Sora

Scorpionish
^^^This. I was willing to overlook it early D1 when people were just throwing votes but it irked me that they ignored all requests to give a reason for their vote. And the fact that trend is continuing to D2 is even more unhelpful.
It strikes me as odd that Croissant votes a no poster with 1 vote on them rather than the person they had a scum read on that was competing for top wagon.

Sora

Scorpionish
Vote Croissant bronanas

Get red flip

Then vote the firebird

Get another

EZ game

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Applejack - 4 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898, SubZero #916, Moana #934)
Pikachu - 1 (Moana #904)
Croissant - 1 (Sora #940)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, ArtTheClown, Gibbs, Sephiroth, GrumpyCat #828, SolidSnake #915

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I came to a similiar conclusion. Someone had an investigate on Foxxi and decided that SubZero would recieve the results. However that person that chose SubZero can still be red, because Foxxi wasnt on the red team as far as I can tell, shes a 3p. The real question is why would a red choose Subzero? Do they have some limitations around wolf chat?
i still don't have confidence in my sub-zero read. and we can't make assumptions on how all scum actions are considered exactly the same. gr is a tricky lad. but if you couldn't send your results to someone on your own team, or you were worried that it would be too obvious, you would send results to one of the most vocal players, as you would be more likely to see a reaction in how they interact with people.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I didn't receive any information so I don't know what you guys are on about
and that helps eliminate that reading. 'so they gave the result to an unnamed person.

so if it's
DivaSmurf was looking through his handy utility belt. He grabbed an item and quickly set out from his room. DivaSmurf ran across SubZero and attached a device to him. DivaSmurf quickly ran back to his room and gave someone credentials to check out SubZero.

If it's a watch, then it's a NAI action. other actions might be slight town read for subby.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
peach is interesting, but I don't give a lot of love to the train yet. apple seems like it has potential to be the easy less active train. art i'm not sure yet. but i didn't see any strong reason to vote there, and there's at least a little worry there for me.

ready to put some extra pressure on the morning bakery.

Vote: croissant

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Why Bacon?

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Actually, yeah, that post is really bad. It's one thing to say you're not convinced by a top wagon that was your only real purported scumread, but to instead vote a zero poster and pinning the blame on Xavier? As a whole, it's doesn't feel like a town perspective.

It doesn't help that their ISO is really weak but fluffed up enough to avoid basic scrutiny

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
I didn't like how Croissant was saved late D1 for no apparent reason, but I really didn't like his vote/post today. And saying he will be not available most of the day meaning he won't be around to defend his thought.

I also noticed in this vote count, Moana gets to vote twice?

Day 2 Vote Count:

Applejack - 4 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898, SubZero #916, Moana #934)
Pikachu - 1 (Moana #904)
Croissant - 1 (Sora #940)

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
I am not against this move to Croissant but we do need to keep in mind no matter which way we go if we don't hit a majority then it is a modify majority so we still need to make sure we have enough votes to do the yeet.

Is croissant the way we want to go now? If so I am willing to move my vote over.

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
I don't see the Art train taking off now that Hades joined the train. So

Vote: Croissant

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I didn't like how Croissant was saved late D1 for no apparent reason, but I really didn't like his vote/post today. And saying he will be not available most of the day meaning he won't be around to defend his thought.

the people moving from 1 to 2 is interesting. it could be overread, but again scum was trying to do something when they made that move:

people with 1 vote right after announcement

Alysrazor - 1 (Medivh #83)

XavierWoods - 1 (Rikishi #191)

Croissant - 1 (Bacon #210)

Applejack - 1 (Applejack #212)

Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

and eventually it becomes this:

GrumpyCat - 3 (JackSparrow #45, Croissant #200, GrumpyCat #437)

HulkHogan - 2 (Twintainia #53, Pikachu #166)

Alysrazor - 2 (Medivh #83, SubZero #422)

SubZero - 2 (Sora #105, ArtTheClown #331)

Sora - 2 (MasterChief #137, PrincessPeach #297)

Croissant - 2 (Bacon #210, Alysrazor #430)

Applejack - 2 (Applejack #212, Kumquat #413)

Moana - 2 (Moana #261, Hades #417)

Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)

XavierWoods - 1 (Rikishi #191)

SolidSnake - 1 (SolidSnake #389)

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I am not against this move to Croissant but we do need to keep in mind no matter which way we go if we don't hit a majority then it is a modify majority so we still need to make sure we have enough votes to do the yeet.

Is croissant the way we want to go now? If so I am willing to move my vote over.
Croissant or Applejack imo. I'd also prefer a Hades wagon but it could be too late to drum up majority interest in that.

Do you still think Princess Peach is scum?

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like I am a bit pocketed by Croissant. They stayed on me until the end of D1 and didn't budge even if there was quite a lot of talk about them around eod.

There is a chance they just felt safe as they knew other scum won't let them go down. I am torn here. Like that Croissant.

I feel good about those on that train and I feel utterly meh at best about apple. Won't be missed.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I feel like I am a bit pocketed by Croissant. They stayed on me until the end of D1 and didn't budge even if there was quite a lot of talk about them around eod.

There is a chance they just felt safe as they knew other scum won't let them go down. I am torn here. Like that Croissant.

I feel good about those on that train and I feel utterly meh at best about apple. Won't be missed.
I'm not telling you to switch because I'm good with Applejack, but Croissant wasn't around when shit went down. Assuming scum numbers are at least 5, it would be easy to save them with the "vote the 1-vote wagons" mentality and not need Croissant draw more attention by saving theirself.

Sephiroth

Lost Wolf
I'm still of the "why go for less actives, if there's a mechanic to deal with it" mindset. maybe someone else sees it as giving more info. just seems like an easy train that won't get much heat if it's wrong

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I'm still of the "why go for less actives, if there's a mechanic to deal with it" mindset. maybe someone else sees it as giving more info. just seems like an easy train that won't get much heat if it's wrong
Yeah, I'm not as into it now that I've realized they haven't even posted today when we're under 10 hours left

Alysrazor

Lunchable
Vote Croissant bronanas

Get red flip

Then vote the firebird

Get another

EZ game
Well I'm town so I already know that won't happen.

Well I was just as confused as everyone else on what was happening so I literally asked where to vote based on the people with 1 vote from the list of who was wanted at that time.

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
Croissant or Applejack imo. I'd also prefer a Hades wagon but it could be too late to drum up majority interest in that.

Do you still think Princess Peach is scum?

I am struggling to be convinced anyone is scum at this point. we don't have a lot to work on and was more just kind of jumping on a early train for a push. So at this point I am kind of willing to jump on another train and kind of listening in to the reasoning that some of you are going on.

I can see the case for croissant that you guys are putting forward.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
My thought is Applejack blatantly attempted to min-post but then can't even be bothered to do the same here? If they're scum, I expect they would at least have made an appearance by now, especially if being poked by partners.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
My thought is Applejack blatantly attempted to min-post but then can't even be bothered to do the same here? If they're scum, I expect they would at least have made an appearance by now, especially if being poked by partners.
Here as in for D2

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Applejack - 4 (HulkHogan #611, Arceus #898, Moana #934, GrumpyCat #966)
Croissant - 4 (Sora #940, Sephiroth #954, SubZero #957, Rikishi #963)
ArtTheClown - 2 (MasterChief #752, Hades #900)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, ArtTheClown, Gibbs, SolidSnake #915

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Day 2 Vote Count:

We just need SolidSnake and all the S's will be in sync

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Day 2 Vote Count:

If I'm understanding this right, there are 18 votes on the board. That means our preferred lynch will need 10 votes to go through, and that number will increase as more votes get on the board

Twintania

Vanilla Townie
Yeah we are going to need move votes around and get off the trains with like 2 votes in order to get anything to go through.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Day 2 Vote Count:

@MasterChief @Hades @PrincessPeach @Pikachu @XavierWoods @Croissant

These wagons probably aren't happening today. And gibbs is a wasted vote imo. Choose one of the other 3 or give us a convincing reason to switch to someone else

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I'm still open to playing around with a Hades wagon, but I prefer Croissant over Applejack or Peach, so I'm not moving unless we have some sort of consensus

Alysrazor

Lunchable
1 town for 1 scum is still worth it
I still don't understand why I'm sus along with them. I was just following the bottom 2 that was wanted last day phase and voted accordingly. I even asked before voting.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Alys, ignore the accusations. What do you think of Croissant and the other wagons?

Top Bottom