Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 7: Everyone Loves Listo. Except the Devil.

Nightingale

Administrator
The Elusive Man made their first night appearance. The fact they didn't do anything N1 makes me wonder if they are a limited action, it was sacrificed for the double kill ability N1, or they were AFK and didn't get an action in....
I kinda don't think the person who has been assumed to be roleblocked N1 calls this out XD

Kryllian

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
As Liara entered into that good night, she sent her last earthly message and burst of loving protection to Commander Shepard.

Psycho666Soldier laughed as Liara died. While he wasn’t as sexy as some who play the game (not to the point of having it be his catchphrase anyway, this glee did turn into a certain animal magnetism. Knowing the power of it, he whispered to Blind Ninja. And passed on his raw magnetism. Then Psycho666Soldier gently whispered to Listo, Matthieu, Dreyski, jarrod, and Rock. He encouraged them to look….truly look at Blind Ninja. They could not help but find Blind Ninja irresistible. They spent the night turning their affections, attentions, and solicitations towards him.

Listo knelt down. He was in despair. How could the people be so easily deceived? He had seen too many dragged into cyborg purgatory. But as he knelt down, he received his answer. He needed to give the people something to believe in. As this realization hit, him so did a light. And Listo emerged from it. More beautiful then even before.

He looked at Robot Devil’s armies:

“Hello Devil…..Looking for Trouble?”

A clap of Thunder rocked Blind Ninja. Then Listo summoned a hidden well of power “As I control the storm, I disperse the Fog. May my gift be true. Psycho….I would have words”

The Iron Bull charged once more. He knew that he had to stop the advance himself. And with a mighty thrust, he set Blind Ninja flying into next week.

Jackie Daytona wanted to make sure that nothing was amiss on this night. And since there was already an orgy at Blind Ninja’s he headed over.

Claws who was often judged so harshly, decided that he needed to look at Blind Ninja and make sure his friend stayed safe.

The Robot Devil had decided that Jarrod should know the pain of the uncomfortable chair. It would make him sore all through the night.

The Illusive Man engaged his vast network to redirect valuable resources between Kryll and Val. The Illusive Man laughed as he continued to pull strings.

Flemeth was intrigued by Jennifer Lawrence. And really who could blame her? She wanted to know all she could about Jlaw.

Mom saw Rock advancing across the field. She used all her Momazonian drones to bombard him with packages. Climbing out was quite the ordeal.

The Corporate Music Tycoon laughed at he found Blind Ninja. “Listen babe. Doll. I really dig your whole thing personally. But it’s not “Now”. It’s not the thing. And I’m going to need you to glam it up” Blind Ninja was almost relieved when the CMT finally stopped talking and blasted him to hell with his PURE POWERSHOT FROM HELL CANNON.

Blind Ninja has died. He was BAP-Town ON Watcher

Jackie Daytona
however was caught completely off guard. He just hoped that he could spend some time jamming with Thomas Jefferson.

Jarrod has died. He was Jackie Daytona-Normal Human Bartender-Town Hider Variant.

With evil continuing to rain blow after blow on the forces of good, the storm raged on. The question was .....Who would ride the lightning?

In Cyborg Purgatory
Future-Screwtape-Scum Deceiver
CWE-Mordin Solus-Town Doc
Badger-Jay Baruchel-Town Lynch Driver
Tildey-The Warden-Town JOAT
Robo-Morrigan Town Chameleon JOAT

Xan-????
GrumpyCat-Liara- Town Messenger
Blind Ninja-BAP-Town Watcher
Jackie Dayton-Normal Human Bartender-Town Hider Variant.

Active Players
1. Psycho666Soldier
2. MTR
3. Listo
4. Clawsin
5. CRichardFoL
6. VoidKitten
7. Matthieu
8. llettuce
9 Kryllian
10. Val the Moofia Boss
11. LemonDemonGirl
12. rock meets hard place
13. Nightingale
14. GrumpyCat
15. Dreyski

With 15 active players, hammer is at 8

Begin Day 4
I'm assuming the purgatory list should say Jarrod and not "jackie Daytona" Typo?

Kryllian

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
No Current Vote(7)Clawsin(#1592), Dreyski(#1592), Kryllian(#1592), llettuce(#1592), MTR(#1592), Psycho666Soldier(#1592), rock meets hard place(#1592)
Psycho666Soldier(4)Listo(#1624), Nightingale(#1633), Matthieu(#1688), CRichardFoL(#1690)
Val the Moofia Boss(1)LemonDemonGirl(#1609)
CRichardFoL(1)VoidKitten(#1617)
MTR(1)Val the Moofia Boss(#1672)

Kryllian

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Ok, Hammer is at 8 then. If there are 5 (or 6) scum left then there has to be scum on the Psycho train already. Otherwise they could swoop in, and end day...

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Val (1) - LDG
crich (1)- vk
psych (4)- listo, night, matt, crich
mtr (1)- val

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Why would scum redirect themselves to their kill? Why give town a group of names with a guaranteed scum in it?

Like.... they could just direct a bunch of people at someone, and then have someone else kill that person, probably with a strongarm type kill incase any of the people they pointed that way did any protection actions. But then we should see six people having targeted BN and I don't see it.
According to writeup, BN was targeted by Listo, Iron Bull, Jackie, Claws and CMT. I have three working theories:
1. There's a hidden action, for Mod reasons.
2. It's a limitation of the power (must have 1 scum in the people you choose)
3. Psycho isn't in communication wth the rest of his team (I think Mazer or Void have done this one before). They know who he is, but not vice versa.

And I don't know how the Robot devil targeted a hider, although Jarrod's flip did reveal 'hider variant' I know Mazer sometimes has peculiar rules about hiders. But that's moot until endgame.

Nightingale

Administrator
Unvote: Psycho
Consider my vote here, I just don't want a repeat of yesterday. I for one am still chewing on figuring out the write up

Nightingale

Administrator
According to writeup, BN was targeted by Listo, Iron Bull, Jackie, Claws and CMT. I have three working theories:
1. There's a hidden action, for Mod reasons.
2. It's a limitation of the power (must have 1 scum in the people you choose)
3. Psycho isn't in communication wth the rest of his team (I think Mazer or Void have done this one before). They know who he is, but not vice versa.

And I don't know how the Robot devil targeted a hider, although Jarrod's flip did reveal 'hider variant' I know Mazer sometimes has peculiar rules about hiders. But that's moot until endgame.
I could see any of these as plausible, especially option 3 if the team began as 7 - having one of them not fully in the loop would make sense.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Psycho666Soldier
The Robot Devil
The Illusive Man
Flemeth
Mom
Jennifer Lawrence
Screwtape

So setup was 6 mafia/1 3p

Matt, when you are in lylo with Nightengale just remember that she defended Psycho d1 and knew that your claim of info on kry was NOT red.

Listo95

Psycho666Soldier
The Robot Devil
The Illusive Man
Flemeth
Mom
Jennifer Lawrence
Screwtape

So setup was 6 mafia/1 3p

Matt, when you are in lylo with Nightengale just remember that she defended Psycho d1 and knew that your claim of info on kry was NOT red.
You forgot the CMT.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry for the absence, was hosting a potluck last night so didn't have time to check the thread. Will slowly catch up through the day and hop on.

Scanning the writeup and looking at votes, my first thought is to look at Void and Nightingale, based on Grumpy's flip, the wagons that have built in counter, and the fact that they're still alive. Me being alive as well makes me think they may purposely be keeping me alive since I've been busy this game and it gives them more buffer cover when people wonder why they haven't died.

I also struggle to see the dynamic between Night, rock, and CRichard as all town. The way they were were going at each other(mostly the latter two going at Night) seems like someone was there trying to shade the other. I think I like CRichard the most out of them because overall I feel he's been trying to figure out this mass of people he's never played with without ever shrinking to the background which I think might be more natural for someone new to the forum and randing scum for the first time in the environment. rock isn't far off from normal meta, though his arguments in comparison have felt more pedantic, which is a style that's easier to replicate as scum. Whereas Nightingale has talked fine, but has seemed to be pushing in the wrong directions.

Will have more thoughts later

The Elusive Man made their first night appearance. The fact they didn't do anything N1 makes me wonder if they are a limited action, it was sacrificed for the double kill ability N1, or they were AFK and didn't get an action in....

My guess would be that he's the scum team leader but it seems like robot devil is already the godfather.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Kryllian
Unvote: Grumpy

If there is info, there is info.
Vote: Kryilian

If he does come up scum I'd like to remind people Void flat out said he wouldn't vote him because he hasn't played in a bit. Night kept saying how he was clear.
Unvote: Kryll

I'll be back later if thats where we end up going but we should use more of our deadline
Unvote:
PoE slot, and if there is incriminating mech on them then bringing them to LyLo isn't a good idea.

These were all the votes on Kryllian after Matthieu claimed info on the slot. I included rock's unvote because it came before Dreyski came in and vouched for Kryll. Town are likely to get caught in the crossfire, as evidenced by Jarrod, but scum are also likely to want what looks like an easy vote out. I also think with bpv being the crux of Matthieu's info, scum could have thought Kryll was 3p. There's also the fringe world where Kryll is actually scum and I'm not sure whether scum would be quick or to bus or if that would clear everyone on the wagon, but I really doubt Kryll is scum.

Honestly, none of these votes look great but I kinda like rock unvoting to avoid hammer. Remembering that CRichard'a tiptoeing around the Kryll slot before voting when called out was kind of weird.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
That's my point though? What does he have to gain from doing that as scum? I mean, I've seen Matthieu do some crazy shit - but usually when he is under more pressure than that. So to me it seems more likely he's town and just... confused?
Going over the incidents surround Matthieu and Dreyski and Nightingale feels pretty waffly

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Don't really like the way Matthieu backed down from his info nor do I like how quick he flipped to voting Grumpy. Feels like he thought he had an advantageous spot to fake info until Dreyski shut him down, and I don't expect him to just jump right over to grumpy afterward.

Only thing that makes me wonder is if scum would try to redirect their own at Blind. I guess it could be seen as some kind of good cover in a pool of 5 if they intended to kill Blind anyway, but it does make me hesitant there.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm gonna be spending time with my partner today so my catch up is gonna be intermittent. All I ask is that we don't hammer early so I can catch up and at least leave a legacy in case you guys decide to vote me out.

Nightingale

Administrator
If there are actually 6 scum and not 5 we can't even hit majority on a scum unless they bus or every single town votes and the 3p helps, soooooooo....

Nightingale

Administrator
Even if there are only 5 scum we still need every single town to vote together to manage without 3p or scum help if I'm doing the math correctly

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yes that one. I've noticed LDG has been shielded on meta, which I frankly do not understand at all.
Am I supposed to believe they can't break their own meta as scum?
She has randed scum like once in 2 years or so. That doesn't mean she can't be scum but she is playing how she normally plays so we tend to just go with she is town unless something else really sticks out. Too me nothing has stuck out to indicate she is not town.

I understand you don't know all of us and our metas so I mean ask questions or look at previous games if you have time. rock has done that. This is only like his 2nd or 3rd game with us.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
crich (1)- vk
psych (4)- listo, matt, crich, LDG
mtr (1)- val
foxxi (1) - claws

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Psycho666Soldier=psycho
The Robot Devil=void
The Illusive Man=llettuce
CMT=?????
Flemeth=LDG
Mom=night
Jennifer Lawrence=MTR
Screwtape=future

CRichardFoL

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
She has randed scum like once in 2 years or so. That doesn't mean she can't be scum but she is playing how she normally plays so we tend to just go with she is town unless something else really sticks out. Too me nothing has stuck out to indicate she is not town.

I understand you don't know all of us and our metas so I mean ask questions or look at previous games if you have time. rock has done that. This is only like his 2nd or 3rd game with us.
The unfortunate part, is that their vote from VK to me could be TWTBAW thing going on. I'm loathe to admit that as a possibility exists, yet it would be bad play to not consider it even for a second.

CRichardFoL

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Also, who was saying Claws is mislunch bait? It feels like great cover if you aren't towny.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
What brings you to this conclusion?
I am MOSTLY goofing off although I have felt like Night is currently trying hard to appear unlinked with psych and Void pushing for MTR might mean she is the 3rd party. Although Claws calling night the 3rd party when we know scum DID visit the 3p last night is...I guess it means scum is just giving up or maybe Claws is calling her 3p to try and justify not voting a buddy. idk In the long run it prob does not matter which flavor she is.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I’m off to work in a minute and don’t have time to count so I’d rather not accidentally drop the hammer but I need to put a vote in. hopefully I’ll have some time this evening to change as necessary.
Vote: Nightingale

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure that grumpy is my first yeet, but I'm not compelled (in a town way) by any of their postings, and since I will be likely gone after this until after yeet given my schedule and this seems to be our lean I am going to go ahead and
Vote: Grumpy Cat

Town Lean
llettuce
Jarrod1983
Dreyski
Matthieu

Scum Lean
Clawsin
CRichardFoL
GrumpyCat
rock meets hard place

No Vibes
MTR
Listo
Kryllian
LemonDemonGirl

I always have such trouble reading Foxxi, Psycho, and Void so I'm gonna wait a little longer before placing them.
And I think I wanna do ISO's before deciding on BN and val
Can you talk about how you came to these reads?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@PsychoSoldier - I am interested in hearing your legacy reads, what your PoE looks like, and what you think the game composition is.
I'm still trying to properly catch up(it's been a busy week for me and I'm still getting through pg. 16), and the grumpy flip kinda threw me for a loop so I'm not 100% sure where my head's at. Biggest thing I have is I feel like one of you or void is scum or someone in the trio of you/rock/CRichard is scum. Which is why I'm trying to pay particular attention to your posts. You being alive this long has me paranoid that you're scum and paired with Void, because if he was scum while you're town, you would have been dead by now or you would have went for Void's head.

It's also not lost on me that in general the loudest voices haven't been touched at night, which further makes me paranoid of the typically townread people or those pushing the thread, which is why I'm focused on this pool.

Obviously there are some less impactful scum left. Claws has seemed to drop down in post volume and that seems uncharacteristic. LDG is rand as usual, but not really concerned with her, especially with how abrasively she's reacted to votes and comments about her. Val seems fine. Kinda feel meh on llettuce since she dropped an unexplained list and seemingly didn't post much else. MTR seemed fine, but his absence doesn't really help us find out and hopefully we'll get more from him in the next couple phases to read off him better.

Listo, Dreyski, rock, Matthieu, if the writeup can be trusted, should have 3/4 confirmed town and one maybe scum unless it was a coincidence that scum targeted BN for the kill. It's also possible it was intended as a smokescreen, but the numbers match up. Dreyski should be obvious based on his posts last phase, and Listo might just actually be Listo but if so I think he has some faulty info on me. Tbh though I'm not sure this is the first pool to look at since they could all be town with one of them just not acting.

Oh, and I think the general situation around Kryllian's slot with Matthieu and Dreyski just spews him town.

I'm still working on finishing my catch up so I can feel better about these reads as I'm missing some context, and maybe figure out who in the low poster pile I feel better about.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
And you voted the one person who has nothing to lose. That's your 1st and only mistake you'll make this game LDG.
Kinda feeling like this string of posts from CRichard is just confirming them as town for me. It's very self-important in a towny way.

Honestly feel it's T/T with LDG for the same reason

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Of that list? Psycho for being alive without being targeted much and Lettuce for not really seeming that invested. Lettuce typically is more comfortable as town and typically would attempt solve more than she is. LDG will go either way. She typically ends up randing town moreso than scum. Doesn't actually mean anything, but she hasn't felt much different this game. NG I have an inkling on who she is.
Do you have anything more than "Psycho for being alive"? I know I'm running on a similar wavelength but it feels like you had more to say for llettuce and LDG here.

That said, I do kinda agree on llettuce.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
future (9)- vk, Jay,gc, val, night, psych

I expect/wouldn't be suprised if there is scum in Val, night or psych. Scum knew Future was going down so those 3 clawing thier way onto the wagon for the sweet sweet town cred makes sense to me. + they are all just scummy in thier own right.

looking at the 2 mislynch wagons

Robo (9) - claws, llettuce, matt, grump, mtr, xan, night, drey, kryll
Grump (9) - psych, claws, dreyski, night, matt, lletty, mtr, LDG, vk

lettuce, night, mtr and claws are the unconfirmed that were on both wagons. In my heart of hearts, I think both claws and MTR are town leaving night and lettuce.
I'm having doubts on Claws again with how held back he's been since the first 2 phases tbh, but I agree on llettuce and night.

Nightingale

Administrator
Kinda feeling like this string of posts from CRichard is just confirming them as town for me. It's very self-important in a towny way.

Honestly feel it's T/T with LDG for the same reason
Except if you, richard, and LDG are all town, why hasn't the scum team ended you yet? You have four votes (one of which is listo who you also say you think is town) and we had 6 scum actions last night. With 6 scum and only 7 town why wouldn't the scum team join the supposed three town voting you for the misyeet?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Except if you, richard, and LDG are all town, why hasn't the scum team ended you yet? You have four votes (one of which is listo who you also say you think is town) and we had 6 scum actions last night. With 6 scum and only 7 town why wouldn't the scum team join the supposed three town voting you for the misyeet?
I don't know who all is voting me right now but if I had to guess, it's because they're worried about whatever night actions could stop them from guaranteeing a victory and not getting outed.

There's also you on my wagon already unless you moved

Nightingale

Administrator
I don't know who all is voting me right now but if I had to guess, it's because they're worried about whatever night actions could stop them from guaranteeing a victory and not getting outed.

There's also you on my wagon already unless you moved
I unvoted after LDG voted so we wouldn't hit premature hammer again.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Y'all can say LDG is LHF till the cows come home, yet I'd like to know what have they done that makes them town this game.
I frankly don't get why they'd vote their suspect (Voidkitten), then vote alongside them on my side the previous day.
Eh, the more I look at the numbers the more I'm doubting on LDG.

I definitely think you're the townier of the two.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
One thing I always do in these games is look at the 'big hitters'. By that, I mean the likes of Mazer, Psycho, Void and Night. It's a double edged sword of mine but I like bouncing off of such players to help solidify my opinions on what's going on.

Obviously Mazer is out of the equation during this game on account of running the game.

Of the three remaining, I feel pretty good about Night. Our exchange felt natural and due to my misunderstanding and stubborn doubling down regarding Kryllian, Night had every reason to take that final push to send me over the edge with a misyeet. She had every reason to and it could have been passed off as a plausible mistake. Yet she didn't do that - she took the time to figure things out.

So I'm throwing my full support behind Night.

That leaves Void and Psycho. Of the two, I'm most suspicious of Psycho - I'm used to Psycho being bold and 'taking charge'. He hasn't really done that during this game. He's been fairly quiet, only really commenting in passing and not being as vocal as I'd expect him to be.

So I'm fine with putting my vote there for today:

Vote: Psycho
I just want to say a big part of why I haven't been as active here has just been a busy week. That and the game being more active than normal made it harder to get into the game after d1.

I'm more of the mind that Void and Night could be the team. I feel like the two have danced around each other but have never actually pushed at each other. And that doesn't sit right for me.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I'm at work, so my posting/catch-up is gonna be intermittent again, and I managed to get most of the way through pg. 17

Something just not feeling right here. Even if you guys end up hammering me, I think you all need to take a serious look at her. I can't get over the trio of her/rock/CRichard and how it reads as either two town catching on to scum Night or one of CR/rock latching into the others read to push town!Night. I'm leaning rock and CRichard as most likely town. So I'm happy to push this until further notice

Nightingale

Administrator
Eh, I'm at work, so my posting/catch-up is gonna be intermittent again, and I managed to get most of the way through pg. 17

Something just not feeling right here. Even if you guys end up hammering me, I think you all need to take a serious look at her. I can't get over the trio of her/rock/CRichard and how it reads as either two town catching on to scum Night or one of CR/rock latching into the others read to push town!Night. I'm leaning rock and CRichard as most likely town. So I'm happy to push this until further notice
You should look for your misyeet elsewhere psycho.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
crich (1)- vk
psych (5)- listo, matt, crich, LDG, val, rock
night (3) - claws, dreyski, psych

CRichardFoL

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
The quick hammer also made EoD time ass for me. Geez that's an albeit selfish reason on my part not to quick hammer.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
JLaw needs to shoot her top town read outside of Listo today. If it is not possible, they need to be shot tonight otherwise JLaw won't make it to endgame. The numbers are in her favor.

Top Bottom