Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

Pikachu

Lunchable
OK this sentence is confusing but, is foxxi and nightingale different screen names for the same person

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
At least we know why SolidSnake didn't flip now.

And yep, mass roleblock and Subzero gets what looks like rolecopped. Don't know what Sabi was doing though. Dare say we'll find out N2.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I sure got pocketed by Jack and Croissant. They could unvote me yesterday and leave me at 1 vote. got me a bit paranoid actually. But they stayed till the end.

I know thats not much of a read, but still nice of them.

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
OK this sentence is confusing but, is foxxi and nightingale different screen names for the same person
Yeah, like Void used to be cereal. I'm just wondering if it was fixed for Nightingale the player to be assigned Foxxi the character. I'm also wondering what exactly a mentoring clockmaker is (or even either part of that phrase)

Pikachu

Lunchable
Yeah, like Void used to be cereal. I'm just wondering if it was fixed for Nightingale the player to be assigned Foxxi the character. I'm also wondering what exactly a mentoring clockmaker is (or even either part of that phrase)
Lmao void used to be cereal? That'd good

Hades

Lunchable
I had some personal life stuff going on that made it difficult to post before, but I’m here now, I personally don’t want to explain the life stuff further really, I know that doesn’t provide much reason for trust, so you’ll believe me or not believe me, but I figured it was more sus to not post at all-I mean I would find that sus

HulkHogan

Vanilla Townie
And yeah had Foxxi guessed as somebody else so that was a surprise to me too brother!

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
I do enjoy that such a fine gentleman has been agreeing with my reads but a part of me is also wondering if captain Jack Sparrow has been trying to pocket me.
No, my strong female intuition says this one is likely trouble

Rikishi

Vanilla Townie
Even in an anonymous game, Foxxi gets taken out early ! If someone else can help summarize the day it would be helpful, as I have other activities to take care of but I will try to post later .

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I was busy gathering more treasure to hoard and all the sudden I come back to find that the day has ended and night has started. Should have figured something fishy would happen sooner rather than later.
This is a big reason why I don't like Twin. Reads posted out of obligation rather than any actual concern.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Even in an anonymous game, Foxxi gets taken out early ! If someone else can help summarize the day it would be helpful, as I have other activities to take care of but I will try to post later .
The day's barely started

Pikachu

Lunchable
This is a big reason why I don't like Twin. Reads posted out of obligation rather than any actual concern.
I mean we are all in different time zones and it was d1 I'm willing to give slack on that, people got shit going on and sometimes the days don't work out and you make some bs posts

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I mean we are all in different time zones and it was d1 I'm willing to give slack on that, people got shit going on and sometimes the days don't work out and you make some bs posts
Well all we have is d1, it's not like most people are gonna hold a sign saying, "I'm scum"

Look at their ISO. And then the fact they made a hollow post reacting to events that doesn't actually further anything or contribute to conversation despite having night chat

HulkHogan

Vanilla Townie
More importantly, make sure we all meet the post/vote requirements my Hulkamaniacs!

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
That is a funky role, I'm guessing there will be some more uncommon roles
Oh so that was actually a modified SK. Strange, writeup says she freed herself and went to look for someone, but its not like someone died.

Pikachu

Lunchable
Well all we have is d1, it's not like most people are gonna hold a sign saying, "I'm scum"

Look at their ISO. And then the fact they made a hollow post reacting to events that doesn't actually further anything or contribute to conversation despite having night chat
Idk maybe I'm just too trusting but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt atm

Pikachu

Lunchable
OK I'm not gonna push too hard bc I'm gonna get read bad for that, but unless there is more info I don't have this doubt is just obligatory posting when we got the 30 minute warning and idk if that's enough for a lynch for me, like I guess if that's the only thing we have? But idk

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
OK I'm not gonna push too hard bc I'm gonna get read bad for that, but unless there is more info I don't have this doubt is just obligatory posting when we got the 30 minute warning and idk if that's enough for a lynch for me, like I guess if that's the only thing we have? But idk
Thats totally fine. Its not like I have a scum read on them. I have no read actually.
But I would like to have.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I'm open to alternatives. Do you think someone is more deserving a vote than Twin?

Pikachu

Lunchable
I'm open to alternatives. Do you think someone is more deserving a vote than Twin?
No I'm just not a huge fan of badly reasoned trains, if ur voting for no reason and not gonna change im here for it but if that reason is dumb I'm not

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Oh so that was actually a modified SK. Strange, writeup says she freed herself and went to look for someone, but its not like someone died.
Could have just been flavour, could have targetted a hider, could have been a roleblock equivalent of a BPV. Regardless, looking at the role as written, it would be in her interests to kill town first two nights so I think we may have dodged a bullet there.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
No I'm just not a huge fan of badly reasoned trains, if ur voting for no reason and not gonna change im here for it but if that reason is dumb I'm not
We have to start somewhere. I don't think the reasoning is airtight but it's a decent starting point to dig into more.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Just occured to me. Void kitten is probably a player in this game. Exactly the type of shit he would do.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
How would you propose that they best contribute?
I assume this is directed at me? Literally anything. Thoughts on the vote rushing at the end or the people who were pushed to the top or bottom. At the moment it feels like floating for appearances more than having any interest in understanding the game.

HulkHogan

Vanilla Townie
Honestly wouldn’t surprise the Hulkster if Void incorporated himself somehow. Seems his type of humour.

Solid - They just stood out a bit to me last phase not contributing though I get day ended early. At least one’s chimed in.If they give more reads/votes then maybe.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Twintania - 2 (SubZero #614, GrumpyCat #631)
Sora - 2 (MasterChief #643, PrincessPeach #644)
PrincessPeach - 1 (JackSparrow #590)
Croissant - 1 (Sora #597)
Applejack - 1 (HulkHogan #611)
SubZero - 1 (Moana #649)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Applejack, Arceus, ArtTheClown, Bacon, Croissant, Gibbs, Medivh, Pikachu, Rikishi, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, Twintania, XavierWoods, Hades #622

Hades

Lunchable
Why unvote? Did my switch convince you that much?
I mean yea, I was mostly being petty, I didn’t actually have a good reason so I didn’t want to forget to switch it. But I’m not sure who I want to vote yet

Sora

Scorpionish
Vote: Sora

Somethings just...off...with you.
I assure you that my antics are entirely not indicative of my alignment.

If you are gonna vote me, please kindly give a reason why my actions are aligned with scum agenda / not aligned with my words or something else that is actually substansive.

Sora

Scorpionish
At this point I'm not sure if Princess is actually mafia or just decided to be a shithead for no reason.

Sora

Scorpionish
I agree that the reason for Twintania train is bad and I like Pikachu for pointing this out.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Id vote pikachu for not having a proper pokemon avatar but thats just me ooo look i found the rum

But princess being a delbirate shithead doesnt sit well its not very towny in my book

Sora

Scorpionish
I think we should scrutinize the people that were saved yesterday way more.

Sora

Scorpionish
Id vote pikachu for not having a proper pokemon avatar but thats just me ooo look i found the rum

But princess being a delbirate shithead doesnt sit well its not very towny in my book
The thing about Princess is, what they are doing won't do them any favors as far as self preservation is concerned. Which would be their primary goal as mafia.

And if mafia thought I was that important to get rid of they could have done it during the night along with mass roleblock.

Sora

Scorpionish
Actually Princess being town and death tunneling me like that could have been a factor for why Foxxi was targeted and not I.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Could be i just dont see a towny playing this way its not even too wolf to be wolf tbh i think shes just blantly being an ass and requires removement savvy

Sora

Scorpionish
Could be i just dont see a towny playing this way its not even too wolf to be wolf tbh i think shes just blantly being an ass and requires removement savvy
I think this is a completely valid point of view.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Un sure subzero getting a device but nothing happening could go both ways but as for open wolfing thats all i got

Theres a couple ppl i think could be doing better but i dont think they are the way to go yet for example gibbs

Sora

Scorpionish
I think you 2 have hate boners tbh.
SubZero hasn't stopped insinuating this but I believe that aside from a brief moment of excitement I had at the beginning of D1 I have been more than reasonable in my dealings with them.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Nah. I think you push people for surface level reasons and not making an effort to dig into anything further.
It's early game with no flips. There's not much deeper to dig into. Do you have an actual reason for pushing for Croissant other than thinking someone would be saved? How is that not surface level? Why them over Moana or Applejack or Alys who you could make the same argument for?

Sora

Scorpionish
Quite frankly, I think SubZero has been blatantly openwolfing in front of my face and hoping that everyone will just get tired of this and dismiss it as town on town violence. I don't see why a town would be so uncooperative when I have given them every opportunity to work with me.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Quite frankly, I think SubZero has been blatantly openwolfing in front of my face and hoping that everyone will just get tired of this and dismiss it as town on town violence. I don't see why a town would be so uncooperative when I have given them every opportunity to work with me.
I told you. I'm trolling you because I think your initial read on me was bad and you hadn't developed past that until this phase. I actually am trying to work with you by showing my POE and giving my thoughts where I think relevant. But you decided that you aren't voting any of my POE(with no given reason, something you've been pushing against me) rather than maybe talking about any of them.

Asking me questions that are easily understood in my ISO and keeping up a weak suspicion on me isn't something I'm going to engage with seriously. If you wanna talk lynch options, I'm all ears

SubZero

Scum Hunter
To quote a great man, "I am always wolf. Even when I'm town I'm a wolf."

I'm paraphrasing because it's been years since that game but that'll do

Sora

Scorpionish
It's early game with no flips. There's not much deeper to dig into. Do you have an actual reason for pushing for Croissant other than thinking someone would be saved? How is that not surface level? Why them over Moana or Applejack or Alys who you could make the same argument for?
More like you haven't really been interrogating people. It's just pull up a quote, explain why you think it's scummy and deserving of a push. This looks more like scum that just wants to create trains on people rather than townie looking to get answers.

I admit that my reasoning for the Croissant push is simple but I would argue it is also based on something actually meaningful. There were several people in danger of dying on D1. Some of them were saved while others were left to die. It stands to reason that out of those that were saved, someone may be mafia looking to pull their teammates out of danger. I don't have a read on Croissant otherwise.

I encourage people to put pressure on others that were saved.

I don't have a reason for townreading Twintania. They are a null slot for me. I don't even think they are a bad train necessarily. I am merely saying that I can see the particular post you called out as suspicious be made by anyone, town o
OR mafia.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
More like you haven't really been interrogating people. It's just pull up a quote, explain why you think it's scummy and deserving of a push. This looks more like scum that just wants to create trains on people rather than townie looking to get answers.

I admit that my reasoning for the Croissant push is simple but I would argue it is also based on something actually meaningful. There were several people in danger of dying on D1. Some of them were saved while others were left to die. It stands to reason that out of those that were saved, someone may be mafia looking to pull their teammates out of danger. I don't have a read on Croissant otherwise.

I encourage people to put pressure on others that were saved.

I don't have a reason for townreading Twintania. They are a null slot for me. I don't even think they are a bad train necessarily. I am merely saying that I can see the particular post you called out as suspicious be made by anyone, town o
OR mafia.
This is what I don't understand. You don't think Twin is a bad train but you don't like the one reason I brought up, and that's your hesitance there rather than considering Twin, but saying there's not enough.

Just because I haven't played like how you think I should play, doesn't mean I'm not trying to solve. Voting twin is my push that hopefully gets engagement from them and others. I was being a shit d1 and maybe egging you on a bit still, but let's not pretend like I haven't been trying to solve today.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
So Sora, I see what you're saying about Croissant. But how do you feel about Applejack, Moana, and Alys? Why specifically Croissant?

Sora

Scorpionish
Thank you for admitting you were being a shit SubZero. I will not disrupt your efforts any further.

Bacon

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Final Day 1 Vote Count:

GrumpyCat - 3 (JackSparrow #45, Croissant #200, GrumpyCat #437)

HulkHogan - 2 (Twintainia #53, Pikachu #166)
Alysrazor - 2 (Medivh #83, SubZero #422)
SubZero - 2 (Sora #105, ArtTheClown #331)
Sora - 2 (MasterChief #137, PrincessPeach #297)
Croissant - 2 (Bacon #210, Alysrazor #430)
Applejack - 2 (Applejack #212, Kumquat #413)
Moana - 2 (Moana #261, Hades #417)
Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
XavierWoods - 1 (Rikishi #191)
SolidSnake - 1 (SolidSnake #389)

Not Voting: Gibbs, Sephiroth, XavierWoods, Arceus #403
I'm reasonably confident the ones on 1 vote are town. Red team wouldn't put themselves in unnecessary danger and all it would have taken would be SolidSnake unvoting or moving, or Hades/XavierWoods self voting. I also believe that the reds all knew it was happening so would have been alert to quick changes (led by SubZero and ArttheClown, IIRC). So, on that flimsy reasoning:

Vote: Moana

Sora

Scorpionish
So Sora, I see what you're saying about Croissant. But how do you feel about Applejack, Moana, and Alys? Why specifically Croissant?
Moana - I liked the self-righteousness in their tone when I was asking why they were saved.

If I could press a button to instantly remove all of Twintainia, Croissant, Alys and Applejack I would do it in a heartbeat. But I think Croissant/Alys have pair equity. Another thing is I was actually a little pocketed by Croissant on D1 and then realized I really shouldn't be.

Sora

Scorpionish
On second thought, I don't think the point about being saved applies to Applejack anymore since the one doing the saving there already flipped not mafia. They also left while self voting which is a mildly good look for them imo.

That only leaves Croissant/Alys and Moana to prosecute along this line of which I think Moana is townier.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Its is entirely possible that its TvT.

Also possible that one of the most vocal is wolf. Currently have both in town lean pile

SolidSnake

Lunchable

I think that SubZero is being pretty brazen but I don't think it's necessarily a scum tell so much as someone eager to try and lead town - for better or worse. I say that because the impression I got out of my death was that SubZero was eager to push on me to ensure that something happened.

I think if SubZero were scum, then opening up this day phase with an attempt to lament the lack of information from my 'flip' would have been the approach taken since that could readily be done.

If that makes sense?

Top Bottom