Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 4 - The Fall of FoS

Sora

Scorpionish
I just don't get the reaction considering the vote implies they like you but you do you
That interpretation would make very little sense in the context of everything else Princess has said about me.

Sora

Scorpionish
Also, I dislike the way you keep brow beating this idea that giving someone a top vote as a completely positive thing. I don't believe this is so, and it might be a way for you to justify taking free shots at some high profile villagers. It could also be a genuine belief, I guess, but I just don't like how you go about expressing it.

Sora

Scorpionish
In my eyes, the benefit of having someone receive immunity is 0, since the wolves will have plenty of targets to act on in the early cycles.

Risking losing a strong town voice isn't worth it in my eyes, even if the chance is small.

Sora

Scorpionish
I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of VK reversing the odds and making the top vote the 75% chance at death and 25% chance for bottom vote.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Also, I dislike the way you keep brow beating this idea that giving someone a top vote as a completely positive thing. I don't believe this is so, and it might be a way for you to justify taking free shots at some high profile villagers. It could also be a genuine belief, I guess, but I just don't like how you go about expressing it.
You don't like anything about how I post and I've intentionally been trolling you a bit over it, so I'm not surprised

Sora

Scorpionish
Or just yeeting the top vote straight up and saying it was just bad luck.

Sora

Scorpionish
You don't like anything about how I post and I've intentionally been trolling you a bit over it, so I'm not surprised
If all you do is troll me then how am I supposed to change my mind about you.

Sora

Scorpionish
This approach will only make me keep tunneling you and not feel bad about it if you flip town.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Also, percentage wise, it's a net positive thing, so yes, I do believe that, and don't see how you think intentionally putting a suspect as the top vote is a good strategy.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
This approach will only make me keep tunneling you and not feel bad about it if you flip town.
I don't really care because I think your take on me from the beginning has been lazy and very narrow-minded.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of VK reversing the odds and making the top vote the 75% chance at death and 25% chance for bottom vote.
This is possible but I'm not playing WIFOM with a bastard mod who recently pulled this trick

Sora

Scorpionish
Also, percentage wise, it's a net positive thing, so yes, I do believe that, and don't see how you think intentionally putting a suspect as the top vote is a good strategy.
Even if a town member gets immunity, a different town member will still get targeted for a kill that night. The immunity won't have changed anything numbers-wise.

But making someone you strongly suspect to be town take a chance at dying will give scum 0.25 kills if we are to believe that the odds provided by VK to be real.

I'd rather not give scum any extra kill power for literally 0 potential gain.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Even if a town member gets immunity, a different town member will still get targeted for a kill that night. The immunity won't have changed anything numbers-wise.

But making someone you strongly suspect to be town take a chance at dying will give scum 0.25 kills if we are to believe that the odds provided by VK to be real.

That's if the 25% hits. Someone's gonna die regardless unless we have a smart doc, so I'd rather save someone i think is town instead of someone who could get outed while they're immune

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Plus, you'll notice I've been pushing who to kill. I don't really care who gets top vote

Sora

Scorpionish
That's if the 25% hits. Someone's gonna die regardless unless we have a smart doc, so I'd rather save someone i think is town instead of someone who could get outed while they're immune
I feel like I have already reached the upper limit of my communicational ability with the above explanation. I guess we will just never agree on this.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Sora - 3 (MasterChief #137, Arceus #152, PrincessPeach #297)
GrumpyCat - 2 (JackSparrow #45, Croissant #200)
HulkHogan - 2 (Twintainia #53, Pikachu #166)
XavierWoods - 2 (Rikishi #191, SubZero #285)
Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
Alysrazor - 1 (Medivh #83)
SubZero - 1 (Sora #105)
Croissant - 1 (Bacon #210)
Applejack - 1 (Applejack #212)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)
SolidSnake - 1 (Kumquat #282)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, ArtTheClown, Gibbs, Hades, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, XavierWoods, GrumpyCat #274

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I feel like I have already reached the upper limit of my communicational ability with the above explanation. I guess we will just never agree on this.

It's ok. We don't have to agree on this. The argument works both ways and we can have different opinions on the matter.

I also don't really get how you see my stance as scummy and not neutral at worst, but a ninja keeps on keepin' on.

Croissant

Lunchable
FOS:
Medivh and Croisssant for not getting the joke
Croissant for being part of a continental breakfast

Vote: croissant
You & I should be natural friends not foes. A croissant is the best sandwich outside and bacon is the best topping. We should be making delicious sandwiches together, not voting each other. And definitely not over Moana songs. My comment was early - before they started posting in 3rd person. You can choose whatever Moana or not-Moana song you please. I won't stand in your way.

Sora

Scorpionish
This isn't true but nice discredit
Nah. I've been treating this argument as polemic. With my main goal being to hopefully convince people of my point of view. Not show you as scummy for it.

A confbiased mind would probably see this response from you as being overly defensive :lol:

Sora

Scorpionish
The way you, SubZero, have been speaking to me feels so schizophrenic. First you suspect me, then speak to me as a misguided town, then accusing me of trying to shade you just now. You never quite spell it out where your head is wrt to me nor does it feel like you are actually trying to figure me out. Or anyone, for that matter.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
The way you, SubZero, have been speaking to me feels so schizophrenic. First you suspect me, then speak to me as a misguided town, then accusing me of trying to shade you just now. You never quite spell it out where your head is wrt to me nor does it feel like you are actually trying to figure me out. Or anyone, for that matter.
That's because I'm playing d1 loose and having fun. But trust me, I'm trying to figure people out. I'm just keeping mum about it.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Vote: SubZero

I still haven't read anything other the few comments above my first comment but putting my vote here for the drama.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf

If no town member gets immunity, town will still get targeted.

Town with immunity narrows down the choices for town and scum to do NAs. Meaning, town has a better chance at Blocking, Protecting, Tracking, Watching, you name it. Town has a better shot at getting some information. You being dismissive about this not being a positive looks bad.

It doesnt matter if the mod is bastard or this game is bastard. You cant assume everything is wrong until something bastard actually happens.

For being the fluffiest poster, and these reasons, Sora is my likely target to vote off on D2. I dont want to give them the chance at immunity this day.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
If no town member gets immunity, town will still get targeted.

Town with immunity narrows down the choices for town and scum to do NAs. Meaning, town has a better chance at Blocking, Protecting, Tracking, Watching, you name it. Town has a better shot at getting some information. You being dismissive about this not being a positive looks bad.

It doesnt matter if the mod is bastard or this game is bastard. You cant assume everything is wrong until something bastard actually happens.

For being the fluffiest poster, and these reasons, Sora is my likely target to vote off on D2. I dont want to give them the chance at immunity this day.
I think I've been fluffier than Sora tbh

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Day 1 Vote Count:

Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
SubZero - 1 (Sora #105)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, ArtTheClown, Gibbs, Hades, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, XavierWoods, GrumpyCat #274
ngl with the "lowest" vote also getting death rolled by our lord and saviour bitch kitten that sure is quite a large spread of votes.

XavierWoods

Lost Wolf
Guess I can stop being lazy and do that.

No Shows: GIbbs, Hades, Solidsnake

<5 posts: ArtTheClown, Alysrazor

No votes: Somewhere up on the official vote count

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

SubZero - 2 (Sora #105, ArtTheClown #331)
Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Gibbs, Hades, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, XavierWoods, GrumpyCat #274

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
We need two trains. Having the votes spread like wild chickens running amock, makes it very easy for evil to put out an innocent vote on someone that has tied with the lowest amout of votes and have that person suddenly death rolled by bitch kitten.

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
Day ends at 8:00pm ET on June 4th. About 32 hours from now. Day will end early if majority is reached. Once majority is reached, votes will locked and the top and bottom players will be subject to the rolls. There will be no ties.
Makes me think it will literally be whoever is top and bottom of count.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Sora - 2 (MasterChief #137, Arceus #152)
Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
Twintania - 1 (PrincessPeach #29)
SubZero - 1 (Sora #105)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

Day ends at 8:00pm ET on June 4th. About 32 hours from now. Day will end early if majority is reached. Once majority is reached, votes will locked and the top and bottom players will be subject to the rolls. There will be no ties.
@XavierWoods

SolidSnake

Lunchable
Sorry for the delay, my parachute caught on a tree and sent me off course then I got into a knife fight with a gator.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
We need two trains. Having the votes spread like wild chickens running amock, makes it very easy for evil to put out an innocent vote on someone that has tied with the lowest amout of votes and have that person suddenly death rolled by bitch kitten.
The problem with this is that if we focus on two trains, it's a lot easier for any random person to get chopped by stragglers or a ballsy scum

SolidSnake

Lunchable
SubZero, if you sit down next to a campfire does your body temperate increase or does it remain below sub zero?

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Makes me think it will literally be whoever is top and bottom of count.
Which if we dont control the vote count watch some cute little votes lift people from one vote to two saving them and later flipping BAD.
The problem with this is that if we focus on two trains, it's a lot easier for any random person to get chopped by stragglers or a ballsy scum
I do agree that it would be difficult to achieve and also risky. But it's a thought about how today should be approached.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
also apologizes for late arrival, I skinned teenager alive and her mother walked in on me, so i had to remove the mothers head also. It was also halloween and I used her head as a candy bucket.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
SubZero, if you sit down next to a campfire does your body temperate increase or does it remain below sub zero?
I'm so cold that even with the temperature increase, I remain SubZero

58ecc15e0245e5736e0cde42539f671e.gif

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Which if we dont control the vote count watch some cute little votes lift people from one vote to two saving them and later flipping BAD.

I do agree that it would be difficult to achieve and also risky. But it's a thought about how today should be approached.
I know you just arrived, but who would  you like to see as the top trains?

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
I know you just arrived, but who would  you like to see as the top trains?
Xavier Woods maybe. Seems overly focused on the top of the train, and not much concern about the bottom. Yet indicates he wants to vote Sora, (as in murder) Porque no los dos? You can still have your top town on 15 votes and your bottom player on 10 votes and those be the only votes!

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
As for another subject. I'm fine with either Sora or yourself, Subzero. Feel like there's a dynamic situation brewing somewhere here tbh.

Medivh

Lunchable
also apologizes for late arrival, I skinned teenager alive and her mother walked in on me, so i had to remove the mothers head also. It was also halloween and I used her head as a candy bucket.
Jesus Christ.

Ok so we're missing three people right?

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
I am fine with the idea of forcing it to two trains. Yes, a ballsy scum or silly townie can mess with it, but that also brings a whole lot of lynching for the person who breaks the town's trust on this in the following day or two. Refuse to cooperate by messing up the plan? Die, then. So sayeth this world's god, creator of all within the universe.

As for who to have as the two trains....hard to decide. Ideally, the highest should be somebody we would be happy to see get immunity, but not upset to see die if the RNG is not in there favor. The lower of the two, somebody we'd be fine with dying, but probably wouldn't be a problem if given immunity. I'd recommend a no show or near no show for the lower one. It sucks if a no show gets invulnerability for a few days, but it's not likely to be a big hindrance, either, and odds are they die. Assuming I understand the mechanics properly here.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Though I do like the idea of forcing it to two trains, getting that kind of cooperation and coordination from 20+ people is unlikely.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
For clarity. Of the three names I've
I am fine with the idea of forcing it to two trains. Yes, a ballsy scum or silly townie can mess with it, but that also brings a whole lot of lynching for the person who breaks the town's trust on this in the following day or two. Refuse to cooperate by messing up the plan? Die, then. So sayeth this world's god, creator of all within the universe.

As for who to have as the two trains....hard to decide. Ideally, the highest should be somebody we would be happy to see get immunity, but not upset to see die if the RNG is not in there favor. The lower of the two, somebody we'd be fine with dying, but probably wouldn't be a problem if given immunity. I'd recommend a no show or near no show for the lower one. It sucks if a no show gets invulnerability for a few days, but it's not likely to be a big hindrance, either, and odds are they die. Assuming I understand the mechanics properly here.
You. I like you. 👍

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
Ebwop. Seems I forget the rest of my first message during me impaling an innocent bystander at a laundromat with a shovel.

For charities sake, of the people I've mentioned to vote. Xander, sub and sort. Xander is at the bottom.

JackSparrow

Lost Wolf
Hmm i think ive liked sora and grumpycat the most this day.
subzero im on the fence trying really hard to pocket sora.
Princess peach seem to be falling in the scum catagory.

The rest just either havent intriged me or entertained.

The sea is calling!

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I have received a message from my clan. They say in order to continue the mission to kill Shang Tsung, I should cooperate with those here in the Earthrealm. So I'm open to picking two trains and at least trying to coordinate

I actually think me and Sora would be a really interesting dynamic, but you'd have to promise me that you won't immediately assume Sora is scum if I flip.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I think the odds are against us in favor of fully controlling who we want to live and die, so in general I think the play is either to vote two involved people - ideally with a dynamic similar to me and Sora - or one involved person and one low-poster/no-show as was suggested.

If we're talking selfishly, I'd like to offer MasterChief, Applejack, or XavierWoods as options, because they're the ones I'm most doubtful of/would like more of a spotlight on.

Though, Snake's post-ane-dip was pretty shady.

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
I would suggest we at least attempt to make two trains work firstly. It'll be difficult but I BELIEVE!

BRB just seen a pretty blonde and deciding if I wanna saw them in half or not.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

SolidSnake - 2 (Kumquat #282, SubZero #376)
Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
XavierWoods - 1 (Rikishi #191)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Gibbs, Hades, Sephiroth, SolidSnake, XavierWoods, GrumpyCat #274

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
In-Game Event

Castle Rezam started to glow as Firebert chuckled excitedly. "Ah this should speed things up nicely. Those fools won't even know what hit them."

An alarm started to blare loudly as a monotone voice announced. "30 Minutes Remaining."

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
In-Game Event

Castle Rezam started to glow as Firebert chuckled excitedly. "Ah this should speed things up nicely. Those fools won't even know what hit them."

An alarm started to blare loudly as a monotone voice announced. "30 Minutes Remaining."
Ooooo vote me pick me!

ArtTheClown

Vanilla Townie
So either scumily scum didn't like our plan of two trains and shortened the day, or it's something else. I guess we'll see.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Well this throws a wrench into things. I'd bet most people aren't even going to see this before the 30 minutes are up.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Those who are here should probably try and figure things out. We probably can't get a proper lowest, best we could do is upvote some of the other single vote folks to leave us with 1 or 2 of them left.

SolidSnake

Lunchable
That being said, if you guys want to vote for me today feel free to. I'll gladly take the gamble.

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
The ones with more than 1 vote:
Sora (3)
Grumpycat (2)
Subzero (2)
Hulk Hogan (2)
Solid Snake (2)

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Who amongst these would we like to see get immunity? I'm okay with Sora, and Grumpycat getting immunity. I kinda don't wanna see Sora die. The rest are a a shrug on if they die or not.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Who amongst these would we like to see get immunity? I'm okay with Sora, and Grumpycat getting immunity. I kinda don't wanna see Sora die. The rest are a a shrug on if they die or not.
I'd be down for Sora or GrumpyCat.

I also think voting the one vote wagons to single someone out is a good idea. At least better than having a wide swath of random chances

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
Unvote:

For now, probably gonna try to bump a lowbie to narrow down the field.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
Hades - 1 (HulkHogan #8)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

These are the 1 vote wagons. Of these, I least like Applejack

Arceus

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
they/them
We could possibly leave Xavier and Applejack to be tied for lowest maybe.

Vote: Hades
Hello fellow deity, I am getting you out of the lowest vote firing range! For now, at least.

SubZero

Scum Hunter
I was gonna refresh myself on Hades' posts, but they haven't even posted yet

SubZero

Scum Hunter
We could possibly leave Xavier and Applejack to be tied for lowest maybe.

Vote: Hades
Hello fellow deity, I am getting you out of the lowest vote firing range! For now, at least.
Why Hades? They've been a no-show

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

SolidSnake - 3 (Kumquat #282, SubZero #376. SolidSnake #389)
Hades - 2 (HulkHogan #8, Arceus #397)
Sora - 2 (MasterChief #137, PrincessPeach #297)
Moana - 1 (Moana #261)

Not Voting: Alysrazor, Gibbs, Hades, Sephiroth, XavierWoods, GrumpyCat #274

Top Bottom