Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currently Playing

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
While trying to fix a corrupted Slime Rancher file, I found that at some point, I had downloaded but never installed Enter the Gungeon. Well, Roguelike/Bullet Hell dungeon crawlers might be my gamer kryptonite.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
The grind in D4 is real...

Necro (Bone Spear/Corpse Explosion) at 70. WT4 opened. All 5 zones renown finished. Guess its Tree and Nightmares to grind the rest of the way to 100
Rogue at 39 (i think)
Barb (likely WW) at 20
Sorc at 12. Frost for control while leveling.
Druid created.
how do you like it?

sorta an old comment but I did like playing as a necromancer so I guess it's only fitting that I am necroing this. As I stated before I played d2 as a kid and here a little bit before the remaster.
last month I had thought about buying the remaster but I don't want to pay $40 (which is more like 50 with tax) But after playing the slam last summer I can't say that I'm into d4 but I'm not sure why. Maybe I just was used to d2 (like the runewords and all that jazz) and I didn't care for the changes.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
how do you like it?

sorta an old comment but I did like playing as a necromancer so I guess it's only fitting that I am necroing this. As I stated before I played d2 as a kid and here a little bit before the remaster.
last month I had thought about buying the remaster but I don't want to pay $40 (which is more like 50 with tax) But after playing the slam last summer I can't say that I'm into d4 but I'm not sure why. Maybe I just was used to d2 (like the runewords and all that jazz) and I didn't care for the changes.
I bought D4 just recently but havent played. I, too, didn't really enjoy the server slam but figured it was on sale so may as well.

I never played D2, but played thousands of hours of D3

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Been making the rounds on a few things.

Biggest one is I picked up Disco Elysium. Been wanting to play it and it was on sale over the holiday season for 10 bucks. Said one night when I had some empty time to spare that I was gonna "try it out." Now whenever I have free time at home, that's what I'm playing. It's the perfect blend of point-and-click adventure game and RPG and I'm here for all of it. I feel like I'm not really close to the end, and I'm already thinking about other ways I could play through it.

Still been plodding through Mario Odyssey. Honestly, I want to play this one more, but I save it for when I'm with my other partner, so the time is limited. But I'd easily be sucked into playing this non-stop otherwise.

Just about finished with Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. I only got about halfway through as a kid, but it really holds up as one of the best designed Zelda's, especially from the top-down perspective. This is the one I play in bursts and on the go, so I'll probably follow this up with Oracle of Ages.

And then God of War: Ragnarok is sort of on hold while I'm having my Disco Elysium obsession.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
just finished the prince of persia: the lost crown. final clock time was 27.5 hours and 90% completion. really, really great metroidvania. absolutely loved the story, which i wasn't expecting. the map is huge, the movement very fluid, responsive and fun and the combat is pretty great, though there's a few complaints i have about it. the controls for combat definitely didn't feel as responsive as for movement, and group fights are kind of a pain in the ass. they want you to parry a lot, but in a 2d pov, it's hard to tell what some enemies are doing when assets start to overlap on each other. but outside of the standard difficulty presets, they let you mess with sliders for a bunch of stuff like damage, parry window, etc. i chose the second highest difficulty and didn't mess with the sliders, so some of my issues i probably could have mitigated, but whatevs. highly recommend it if you're into metroidvanias.

i'm kinda just in a holding pattern until rebirth comes out. been playing a lot of plateup with my wife, which has been fun. i set up some 7th heaven mods for og ff7 and have been playing through that a bit, but man, turn based rpg's a rough for me. i got the ability to turn random encounters off and all, but then i worry about being underleveled for shit when it matters and then having to do some grinding just to get where i'm supposed to be at before maybe grinding to get ahead a bit. i dunno, IT'S TOUGH OKAY.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
just finished the prince of persia: the lost crown. final clock time was 27.5 hours and 90% completion. really, really great metroidvania. absolutely loved the story, which i wasn't expecting. the map is huge, the movement very fluid, responsive and fun and the combat is pretty great, though there's a few complaints i have about it. the controls for combat definitely didn't feel as responsive as for movement, and group fights are kind of a pain in the ass. they want you to parry a lot, but in a 2d pov, it's hard to tell what some enemies are doing when assets start to overlap on each other. but outside of the standard difficulty presets, they let you mess with sliders for a bunch of stuff like damage, parry window, etc. i chose the second highest difficulty and didn't mess with the sliders, so some of my issues i probably could have mitigated, but whatevs. highly recommend it if you're into metroidvanias.

i'm kinda just in a holding pattern until rebirth comes out. been playing a lot of plateup with my wife, which has been fun. i set up some 7th heaven mods for og ff7 and have been playing through that a bit, but man, turn based rpg's a rough for me. i got the ability to turn random encounters off and all, but then i worry about being underleveled for shit when it matters and then having to do some grinding just to get where i'm supposed to be at before maybe grinding to get ahead a bit. i dunno, IT'S TOUGH OKAY.
Maybe I'll have to actually check that Prince of Persia out.

I just heard of a FF7 mod called New Threat 2.0 that drastically changes the game plot and some of the mechanics/enemy encounters, and also adds little details like your teammates not in party hanging out inside the towns and stuff like that. I've played the original so many damn times and done all the challenges I want to do that any time I get an itch to play, I normally opt out, but this will be something I plan to tackle this year.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
i've watched people play the new threat mod. it's really good. as someone who has played the original a lot, you'll definitely get something out of it.

there's also the echo-s 7 voiceover mod, as well, which came out last year and adds full voice acting for every line of dialogue of the original game. with that, and the visual mods that are available, we basically have the 'one to one remake' some hardcore fans wanted the actual remake to be. obviously if square enix were making it in house, it'd have a bigger budget and more modern quality of life shit that modders just can't do with a 26 year old game, but it's the next best thing.

edit: quick edit to point out the voice mod obvs wouldn't work with the new threat mod.

Last edited:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
It is a shame Ever Crisis ended up being a gacha game. The graphical presentation makes for a perfect one to one remake to act as a supplement to the Remake trilogy, but yeah, the mods have done good work to where it's not really necessary, as cool as it would be.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Dusted off the PS3 for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood to dust off a couple of completionist trophies (Borgia Flags and glyphs) and see how close to 100% synch I can get. Up to about 83% now.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Couldn’t think where else to put this but this amused the FF7 geek in me. Can’t wait for Rebirth….not looong to go!

Also was playing FF3 but due to various things going on I haven’t been able to complete it but will aim to do so this year. 👍

Attachments

• 55C242D7-3926-4250-A94E-B9BC7E36506E.jpeg
    55C242D7-3926-4250-A94E-B9BC7E36506E.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Three days left! Almost here!!!

Attachments

• 18EA1BC2-303C-4EDE-9A57-CB254DD4ECEF.png
    18EA1BC2-303C-4EDE-9A57-CB254DD4ECEF.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 1

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Three days left! Almost here!!!
Literally been counting down the days for like 3 weeks now. I'm a fucking child lol.

Been noodling around with a couple other things. I was playing Oracle of Ages a couple weeks ago and got about halfway through, but apparently I didn't save after my last session and I lost my progress. Was gonna try to crunch that before Rebirth came out, but I don't have the energy for it right now.

I upgraded to PS Plus Extra to play the FF7 Intermission DLC, which was a fun holdover. I absolutely loved what they did with the soundtrack and remixing the Yuffie/Wutai themes. Also the Fort Condor mini game was enjoyable.

Been getting a lot of joy from I Am Bread the last week or so. Surprisingly hard game from such a silly and simple concept. But the grip mechanics and physics make it very interesting to struggle through. It's really hard though.

Also sampled Dynasty Warriors 9. Used to love that series so much. While I think the open world execution is fairly sloppy and the voice-acting/storytelling seems to have taken a hit, I still found myself getting wrapped up in the loop really easily and stuck with it into the next day.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I got FFVI Rebirth for £26. Had a £30 GAME gift card and also pays to know one of the staff members to use their staff discount to get it for you m! XD

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Rebirth is incredible so far. I can't help but feel they patched up the holes XVI left in it's exploration. I think there's a tighter, more enjoyable experience for those who want to rush through the main shit, but the side content has been really enjoyable for me so far. Just feels like getting more slices of the FF world, and the dev team were clearly having a lot of fun with it.

Queen's Blood is almost as fun as Triple Triad.

Last left off on the ship from Junon. It might be a couple days before I can properly sink into it again, but I've already lost about 30 hours in to it.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
After finishing an explosives/melee NCR playthrough in Fallout New Vegas, I'm trying a Legion one but with guns/sneak. Made a beeline for the Ratslayer, loaded it with AP ammo, and went out hunting dog tags
:evilgrin: Planning on taking on Honest Hearts DLC as that's my least played one, and A Light Shining in Darkness and the Survivalist's Rifle should be enough to carry me through the rest of the game. Just got to cope with the random crashes :irked:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I bought a 360 last year and a copy of New Vegas to go with it and I picked it back up for a while. I never did properly finish it before, so I eventually will get back to it.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Rebirth is incredible so far. I can't help but feel they patched up the holes XVI left in it's exploration. I think there's a tighter, more enjoyable experience for those who want to rush through the main shit, but the side content has been really enjoyable for me so far. Just feels like getting more slices of the FF world, and the dev team were clearly having a lot of fun with it.

Queen's Blood is almost as fun as Triple Triad.

Last left off on the ship from Junon. It might be a couple days before I can properly sink into it again, but I've already lost about 30 hours in to it.
21 hours and i'm just now entering under junon. it is insane how big this game is and how much there is to do, and that i actually feel like doing it. the open world really lends itself to the side questing more than midgar did, which makes sense. midgar was very hallway-heavy. left no room to discover anything on your own, and the scope of what you could do was limited. being able to find all of chadley's intel quests, for the most part, without needing to activate the towers is awesome. small spoiler for the opening grasslands area;

the bandits that you encounter in the collapsed expressway from remake being the ones who got a hold of the first protorelic was very fun, and the 4 little quests you do to get it back actually fleshes them out a bit and adds to the story as they flee from what's happening in midgar and apparently want to 'go legit.' this same quest would have been way more boring in remake.

i'm absolutely loving it.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm about 64% through the story now(Started Chapter 10) on the way to Cosmo Canyon.

The Junon sequence was really special. Won't say anything more for now but it's great. Also loved the Golden Saucer and Corel Prison stuff. Honestly, every stop has been immensely fun.

There are like... nitpicky things I could call out about the story and the general structure/gameplay loop, but I think the key thing is I find myself wanting to do more than I promise myself to do, and think overall it's just done better than the last game.

The parts that are arguably getting stretched out end up being so fun or breezy enough that I appreciate it. I think there's still a penchant for adding a couple extra bosses that don't need to be there, but it doesn't feel like as much of a drag as the middle portions of Remake can be. The open world isn't perfect by any means, but they put a lot of care in making both the world and each side content have something of unique and flavorful value to make it worth your time.

I think the only thing I don't like about the structure is that I wish some summons were found more organically, but I can overlook that for many reasons.

With some of the turns in the story, I'm very curious where the game ends and what it potentially swaps out of order for Part 3 to have unique locations. I suspect it'll end at the Temple or the City of the Ancients, but I think part of the path there might get altered. I'm just thinking though with what I've seen from the trailer...I'm not sure how many unique locations from the original they can milk for a 3rd entry. Very excited to see what's coming.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’ve only just started this today as been busy, had a little hassle getting my PS account details but the PS5 is all set up and ready to go.

I’m just a couple of hours so nowhere near as far as you guys but the opening flashback scene with Zack/Aerith was intriguing, won’t say too much about that. I’m still making my way through Mt Nibel and got through that facility. It took me a hot minute to figure out what to do with that purifier to get rid of the gas. I thought you had to push it into that corner then figured “Oooh it goes over the gas leaks like a vacuum cleaner!” Also playing as Sephiroth is fun.

Anyways more laters.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Apparently my friend who works in GAME has something else Final Fantasy VII Rebirth related. A metal box? Mind’s blank at the moment but yeah got that coming apparently.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Only thing I can Google is maybe a stainless steel set? Maybe a steel box? Anyway it’s kind of a surprise apparently.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Oh apparently it may be something to put on shelf but yeah dunno. I’ll find out in due course.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
yeah, probably the collector's edition steelbook. basically a fancy steel case for the game instead of the usual flimsy plastic, and with a better aesthetic for displaying, if one is into that.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
yeah, probably the collector's edition steelbook. basically a fancy steel case for the game instead of the usual flimsy plastic, and with a better aesthetic for displaying, if one is into that.
Niice!

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
about 39 hours of playtime and just got to the gold saucer. can already tell this barret storyline is gonna hit hard.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I actually beat it Sunday night. Still need to do hard mode(will probably happen before the third part comes out) and there are a lot of combat challenges and mini games I still need to finish, but I did all the sidequests and finished all the World Intel.

I'll give a super long and in-depth review later, but overall, I loved it. I think the ending was a bit sloppy and think they missed the mark for most of the Temple of the Ancients, but otherwise this was still a fantastic game.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Congrats you’ve burned through it @PsychoSoldier

I’ve just been taking dips in and out. I’m only just leaving Kalm but feel I need to grind a bit more out in the to get all the best equipment/armour in Kalm before progressing with the story.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Don’t tell me…just hoping there’s a decent Midgar Zolom fight and if it’s optional.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Photo too large to post on here but yeah…it was a collector’s steelbook!

Top Bottom