Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. I have read or at least skimmed stuff. Brain still foggy so more reading to do as I go.

Little surprised that we have vanilla town if they are telling the truth. However I can see having more that one if Foxxi when that route but that does seem to make it look like we have a lot of power roles though so not sure what to think.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
It’s a shame JP was pretty strict on claiming otherwise he’d be awesome at this. He was fake scum who sold out the entire scum team with a town lover of virms of all people.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Trying to work out how the role blocker works. Cos I get it removing the Jail but shouldnt it also remove the kill?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Trying to work out how the role blocker works. Cos I get it removing the Jail but shouldnt it also remove the kill?
They can’t target both at the same time if that’s what you mean. It can roleblock the jailer or the killer.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If a roleblocker targeted MTR, it would block his rolestopper.

If a roleblocker targeted the rolestop target, the roleblock would fail and the action could go off.

If a roleblocker targeted a jailer, it would stop the jail from going off.

If a roleblocker targeted a jailed target, its a double roleblock.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Madame Listo appreciates both o' da trains. Da spirits do be saying da one made o' void could be tellin' da truth due to Foxxi game. Da spirits be saying Madame Listo requires a vote on someone so dey be doin' dat now. Dis is not who da spirits be sayin' ta remove but da spirits be very annoyin, bout gettin' a vote.

Vote: Claws
Interesting.

What do you guys make of this?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Isnt he just saying he needs to cast a vote to not get hit by inactivity vig or whatever this game has as a mechanic
Could well be.

The choice of placeholder was interesting is all.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Can we get an updated vote count its been like 100

Not really im always the placeholder
More like plaiceholder as in you’re holding the fish in place to eat it.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
And I have the tomato-ridden clothes courtesy of CWE to prove it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Is that why in the Christmas CWE vs Caito game Caito was a jail keeper and turned out to be the traitor? Was that one more clue that I missed?
That was all Christmas magic.

Caito had a random draw.

It was a miracle

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If a roleblocker targeted MTR, it would block his rolestopper.

If a roleblocker targeted the rolestop target, the roleblock would fail and the action could go off.

If a roleblocker targeted a jailer, it would stop the jail from going off.

If a roleblocker targeted a jailed target, its a double roleblock.
Which is things I've been thinking about.

Seems like a lot still

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
no

Attachments

• c6ffcfce-99eb-4af3-a995-039cf9d35f1b_text.gif
    c6ffcfce-99eb-4af3-a995-039cf9d35f1b_text.gif
    238.7 KB · Views: 3

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Today was a shit show... now back to the game

So we have half the game (more or less) has claimed some PR. Didnt expect this to have as many roles, however claims allowed, how many are true.

Being about halfway through the phase, should be time for consolidating, so a placeholder on someone with 0 wouldnt help that at all.

Vote: Satsu

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
Ew i have votes on me. I totally understand that I've been very afk. My bad. I'm not scum though. Unfortunately I have not read most of the game thread after day 1. So I'm kinda still a liability.

CWE betrays me though. That's quite sad. :(

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
I am gonna try and read from d2 onwards and react i as go. Hopefully get some of my thoughts out before i might get mosquitoed.

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
That's correct.
Ok cool. Idk how your role works, but ask a question is there's someone bad in the neighbourhood!

GIF by Originals

Claws

Mastermind
Can som1 explain today val comes in with vk being a sk as info im assuming then some weird mason shit which could just be a scum chat or a mason of sks(tinfoil power over 9000), crackle is also a suspect sk. And why are we all voting satsu what the fuck is up with this town

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Can som1 explain today val comes in with vk being a sk as info im assuming then some weird mason shit which could just be a scum chat or a mason of sks(tinfoil power over 9000), crackle is also a suspect sk. And why are we all voting satsu what the fuck is up with this town
I voted on satsu as a continuation of last day phase and to not rush the day too fast.

If we put crackle into L-2/3 range, scum could just pile on and end the day/discussion before people got a vote out and more thoughts on whats transpired.

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
IF bn and vk are a mason and they say that they're town, and then me and my traitorous neighbour CWE are in a neighbour what is the likelyhood of 4 people being that are all town, linked with chats. Seems a bit much, coinciding with all these protects and a ORACLE we so apparently have, one must question what scum has?

Claws

Mastermind
I voted on satsu as a continuation of last day phase and to not rush the day too fast.

If we put crackle into L-2/3 range, scum could just pile on and end the day/discussion before people got a vote out and more thoughts on whats transpired.
Asumming that scum arent already on that train but yeah idk i still think vk is the way or badger/mtr im not fans of

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I may be on crackle's train, but I like his response to it.

@Crackleslap if you are town, I apologize. I'm also not against you. If you are evil... :squint:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
IF bn and vk are a mason and they say that they're town, and then me and my traitorous neighbour CWE are in a neighbour what is the likelyhood of 4 people being that are all town, linked with chats. Seems a bit much, coinciding with all these protects and a ORACLE we so apparently have, one must question what scum has?
I agree with this.

4 seems high.

Either inaccurate or trickery.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Your read was sk specifically?
My read (since crackle already said it) is that we have (alleged) masons who know they are aligned.

Crackle is my neighbor. I KNOW what I am. I don't know for a fact he is with us. If it's the mod fucking with me not calling us mason up front, I have one question...

Why me?

Why is it always me who can't "trust" my partner unequivocally?

Claws

Mastermind
My read (since crackle already said it) is that we have (alleged) masons who know they are aligned.

Crackle is my neighbor. I KNOW what I am. I don't know for a fact he is with us. If it's the mod fucking with me not calling us mason up front, I have one question...

Why me?

Why is it always me who can't "trust" my partner unequivocally?
Masons just have to be aligned not nessasrliy town most popular is town tho

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That explains what CWEs wondering is.

Though with masons and neighbors, I almost want to say the neighbors have to be different alignments (just for game build). But its also Foxxi and I can absolutely see her fucking with everyone.

In the last bastard game of Foxxi's, I was lovers with Xan. He was scum and I was 3p.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I know but I don't see how 2 sks linked would be a 1 on the counter unless there are only 2 scum, the oracle is a liar, or 1 sk goes vanilla when the other dies(?)

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
That explains what CWEs wondering is.

Though with masons and neighbors, I almost want to say the neighbors have to be different alignments (just for game build). But its also Foxxi and I can absolutely see her fucking with everyone.

In the last bastard game of Foxxi's, I was lovers with Xan. He was scum and I was 3p.
Was his logic as sound as the drunk one thought is was. Seemed reasonable to me.

FYI, Drunk CWE left me a message to not unvote Crackle "under any circumstances". Fuck that guy.

Claws

Mastermind
Mason would make them both sound more towny as its a typical town role convince your partner you and him are town they just come out as a mason idk

Claws

Mastermind
Remeber that time when crackle got leaver and didnt know what it did pepperidge farms rembers

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so yet again.

CWE is claiming to be neighbors with Crackle. Crackle hints at having something else he can do. CWE may also with how he said "I know what i am" (unless this was an alignment claim basically).

That is two more power roles to compare to our two VT claims.

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
Okay so yet again.

CWE is claiming to be neighbors with Crackle. Crackle hints at having something else he can do. CWE may also with how he said "I know what i am" (unless this was an alignment claim basically).

Yeah, my role is something else. Yes im a neighbour with CWE.

Town was fortunate last night phase.

Scream Movie Ghost Face GIF by Scream

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Power Role Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
Blind Ninja - Mason
Claws - Doctor
Crackleslap - Neighbor w/ day power
CWE - Neighbor w/ likely power
Matthieu - Oracle
MTR - Rolestopper

Val - Rolecop
VoidKitten - Mason

VT Claims:

Satsu - VT
Tildey - VT

No Claims:

Listo
Mazer
Xan

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so yet again.

I gots no toys.
:cry:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Power Role Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
Blind Ninja - Mason
Claws - Doctor
Crackleslap - Neighbor w/ power
CWE - Neighbor w/ no power
Matthieu - Oracle
MTR - Rolestopper
Val - Rolecop
VoidKitten - Mason

VT Claims:

Satsu - VT
Tildey - VT

No Claims:

Listo
Mazer
Xan

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I like my vote on Satsu. Him trying to argue that VT isn't weird and that standard games mean it isn't role madness is something to note.

No issues with voting Xanjori or Tildey either atm.

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
Ok, my role isn't THAT scary, maybe. You could pass it off as a vigilante, but like...it's not as simple as a vigilante.

I did give a clue! I am quite literally compelled to say this on this day phase...but.

I am....a....serial killer. A compulsive serial killer. That's aligned with town. When i said town was lucky last night, was because i was quite literally compelled to act. I did in fact attempt to kill someone.

There is more mechanics to the role...but

Halloween Love GIF

I can't elaborate about it further than that.

Now, town can either trust my alignment is town and IT IS beneficial to keep me alive for towns sake. Or you can kill me, either way!

Scream Ninja GIF

Crackleslap

Lost Wolf
I realise my odds, aren't...great to survive this day phase. But, just know, i've got no choice but to do this!

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
For the record everyone, the last big game Crackle had to claim in, he made a big epic claim about being a percentage chance based vigilante. He created role names and how it exactly worked and it was so ridiculous we bought it. And by we, i mean me. Hook. Line. And sinker.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Additionally, as a bonafide recipient of a Foxxi role that does not allow me to talk about the role, it would never have let me say that I am being compelled to say whatever I am being compelled to say. She wants to see people get around that.

Additionally, if town, all it serves to do is cause a misyeet which is just negative town utility which Foxxi dislikes putting in her games.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So why the claim?

On one hand I can see Crackle just fucking around, ala the Fae game. On another hand, I can see this being some type of modified claimer role. But I wouldn't expect that t be able to talk about almost anything. On the third hand, I could see this as a gambit if he actually felt threatened by CWE claiming and pushing him? If in fact it was a town/scum neighborhood. But he posted it after CWE unvoted, iirc.

Top Bottom