Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Not really sure where to go myself. We are in a good spot and can likely vote sleep to give better numbers going into tomorrow.
How is less town better numbers? I was thinking about voting VK first because Val could have a result on you that might be different from what he had on VK.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
How is less town better numbers? I was thinking about voting VK first because Val could have a result on you that might be different from what he had on VK.
Losing 1 at night is better then a mislynch, then sk kill.

we have 7 people alive, and need to find 1. I feel like this is a safe place to vote sleep.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
No it isn't. Better to yeet. There are 3 chances now and there would be 2 is this ends in sleep.

Sorry BN I can find a reason on everyone else they might not be an SK. but can't find one on you.

Vote: Blind Ninja

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I am not doing this vote unless there is no other option and the only options left are bastardization.

I'd prefer Matthieu as it eliminates the last two PoE of mine, but I'd vote Sleep over BN.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
No it isn't. Better to yeet. There are 3 chances now and there would be 2 is this ends in sleep.

Sorry BN I can find a reason on everyone else they might not be an SK. but can't find one on you.

Vote: Blind Ninja
So you want me gone... which will hurt towns numbers... ( 6v1 down to 5v1) then if another kill goes off tonight, further hurting towns numbers... (5v1 to 4v1)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
These are very precise numbers. I gave each of your posts a full analysis and weighted scum score, and then compared averages

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yeah, I am not doing this vote unless there is no other option and the only options left are bastardization.

I'd prefer Matthieu as it eliminates the last two PoE of mine, but I'd vote Sleep over BN.
Give someone who will the read the thread an answer to pass to Val before night.

@CWE. Tell Val our biggest sports debate

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Seriously if you sleep here I hope I die like everyone that came in contact with a cookie ><

Listo95

Most o da dead want VK/BN looked at. Da drunk one (who not even be drunk when called upon) said we cruising with the baddies slain.

Listo95

Also Mazer, if ya really be thinkin dat Madame Listo would not kill VK da first chance I got after dat last game you daft.

Listo95

If I live past d3 im sus...

the rest of the time im killed in the 1st 2 days
CWE still sus from da VK result N1, Badger says ya and VK might be partnered but with a kill not da action ya say. Rock say nothing, Crackle not mention ya.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Just took some NyQuil and will not be around for EoD, so to get the vote on the board

Vote: Sleep

Feel this is the best way to go for the day.

Nightingale

Administrator
Day has ended. There has been no yeet.

**Sleep( 4 )**- Matthieu(2102), Mazer(2112), Void(2118), BN(2125)
**BN ( 2 )**- Satsu(2106), Listo(2117)

Not Voting: MTR,
**current as of post:** 2125

It is now night 6. Night 6 deadline Wednesday 10/18 @9pm EST. Please submit any night actions you may have in your discord channels.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I have so many questions about Matthieu. Why was he killed? Why can he come up with amazing stories but had to ask the most indirect questions ever.

Listo95

Madame Listo not even care anymore. Da spirit of Val checked me da night dey died but never got a result. Val believe BN/VK be a SK duo. Da spirit not give what Mazer wanted but instead gave stuff dat Matthieu be able to confirm.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I have so many questions about Matthieu. Why was he killed? Why can he come up with amazing stories but had to ask the most indirect questions ever.
Strange kill. He was in poe. What kind of question could he ask that would make him more a threat than mtr and mazer confirmed town that cant do anything really.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Madame Listo not even care anymore. Da spirit of Val checked me da night dey died but never got a result. Val believe BN/VK be a SK duo. Da spirit not give what Mazer wanted but instead gave stuff dat Matthieu be able to confirm.
I am waiting to hear what MTR says before I jump down your throat.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Strange kill. He was in poe. What kind of question could he ask that would make him more a threat than mtr and mazer confirmed town that cant do anything really.
Especially with the questions he was asking. They weren't anything that couldn't be inferred.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What kind indeed?

Or was it one particular question?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That's the way the cookie crumbles
You don't understand. The cookie saga took off.

I asked what kind of cookie and was told it was unidentifiable. I then, obviously knowing our mod, cast the Level 1 spell Identify, on the cookie. I was told that it was probably a cookie. So, probably was good for me and I ate the cookie. I was then told it was dry and the flavor was unidentifiable. I then cursed you out.

Ultimately, you gave me a shitty and dry cookie.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I expect Listo was rolestopped last night. If he wasn't, that is very interesting. But a rolestop makes most sense.

It has to be within Listo or Satsu. Leaning Listo because there is nothing to prove, but the way he came in almost felt pure? Satsu only makes sense if we go the tinfoil route of thinking a SK had cop protections similar to godfather. Mazer and MTR have roles that have interacted with multiple people and I don't know if any role that can perform an action at night could also be the killer.

Listo95

I expect Listo was rolestopped last night. If he wasn't, that is very interesting. But a rolestop makes most sense.

It has to be within Listo or Satsu. Leaning Listo because there is nothing to prove, but the way he came in almost felt pure? Satsu only makes sense if we go the tinfoil route of thinking a SK had cop protections similar to godfather. Mazer and MTR have roles that have interacted with multiple people and I don't know if any role that can perform an action at night could also be the killer.
In what world does stopping all da actions on Madame Listo make sense.

As Madame Listo said last day, she wants ta follow da will of da dead. And dey want VK/BN gone.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

As Madame Listo said last day, she wants ta follow da will of da dead. And dey want VK/BN gone.
Seeing as we attempted to kill you last night and you are alive, I am assuming that MTR rolestopped you.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You don't understand. The cookie saga took off.

I asked what kind of cookie and was told it was unidentifiable. I then, obviously knowing our mod, cast the Level 1 spell Identify, on the cookie. I was told that it was probably a cookie. So, probably was good for me and I ate the cookie. I was then told it was dry and the flavor was unidentifiable. I then cursed you out.

Ultimately, you gave me a shitty and dry cookie.
Which is a metaphor.

Remember, at the end of the day, every story is ultimately the story of an old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Which one do you think if you had to pick one?

Listo95

Which one do you think if you had to pick one?
Da Madame believes it could be either one. Da spirit of Val believes dey be a SK duo. CWE be wanting us ta go after da Schizo SK result. Badger be thinking dey could be lying about what da action is.

Listo95

Even based on da claim VK be makin' dey be havin' no way to guarantee a kill would be attempted on me due to da 2 nights of no actions. Unless it all be a lie ofc.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
There are 3 people left I feel like it could be.

And none of them can verify anything.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That is where I am at. It has to be Listo or Satsu.
I would go you or bn before satsu.

Val's check means something. In a world where it didn't for an sk, I have more reason to doubt the double town Mason scenario

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would go you or bn before satsu.

Val's check means something. In a world where it didn't for an sk, I have more reason to doubt the double town Mason scenario
I would go for Listo before Satsu too. I would not go BN before Satsu. You can have reasons to doubt, but I am not doubting a mason modifier in a Foxxi game. It would have been neighbors I think if there was any chance BN was tricking me.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And this is why your block concerns me.

You and Blind Ninja are willing to block what I view as the second most probable outcome.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And this is why your block concerns me.

You and Blind Ninja are willing to block what I view as the second most probable outcome.
Feel free to ask Foxxi after the game. Hell feel free to ask now, but I doubt she'd answer. She would not put masons in a group that could betray one another. Ever.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Why should I be at confident in that?

Asking now .....she won't answer

Asking later.....seems kinda problematic

Yesterday you seemed concerned or spiraling (depending on perspective). Today you seem more dead set lock

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Why should I be at confident in that?

Asking now .....she won't answer

Asking later.....seems kinda problematic

Yesterday you seemed concerned or spiraling (depending on perspective). Today you seem more dead set lock
There is no way you can know now. I am just putting this on record so after the game I can point back to it that I was correct.

I made a comment about how I could imagine a way that BN could be evil, but that was pure tinfoil and would be so bastardized and wouldn't even explain why I had two nights of missed actions if it were true.

Doubt me on reading Badger properly. You were right there. Do not doubt me on Foxxi building games when she taught me how to build my games in this style :p

Listo95

There are 3 people left I feel like it could be.

And none of them can verify anything.
If ya want anything that be maybe helpin' me. Val gave me stuff dat Matthieu be able ta confirm. But since ya know he become a spirit now -.-

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I don't understand why he was killed over me or listo. Granted the SK has gotten around my rolestop twice and I guess for some reason SK more worried about Matthieu than other one of us which baffles me a bit.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry not around earlier. Had a minor medical procedure done and finally getting around to jumping on laptop. About to scarf down some more food. So hungry.

Listo95

Yeah I don't understand why he was killed over me or listo. Granted the SK has gotten around my rolestop twice and I guess for some reason SK more worried about Matthieu than other one of us which baffles me a bit.
Which I would not be fearin'.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I wish it didn't because I think the game would have been over.
I don't know. I don't think it is him. I am trying to stop tinfoiling over you and BN. Don't feel it is Mazer which goes back to Satsu but that only works if he had some kind of investigation protection since there was the role cop result on him. So needless to say I am frustrated as hell right now.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think from last day progression it makes sense what vk bn did. It is more likely to be Listo.

However mechanically it would still be a better play to go vk or bn first. If listo flips town they can prevent a majority together tommorow. Listo cant do anything on his own.

This should be auto anyway. Do you want to drag this out Listo?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yes. I was worried about him being a target for the SK. Didn't expect it to be Matthieu. Granted not sure why I keep trying since SK has gotten past my role stop twice
That does look better for void and bn

Listo95

I think from last day progression it makes sense what vk bn did. It is more likely to be Listo.

However mechanically it would still be a better play to go vk or bn first. If listo flips town they can prevent a majority together tommorow. Listo cant do anything on his own.

This should be auto anyway. Do you want to drag this out Listo?
It is literally NOT Madame Listo.

Vote: BN

Listo95

To their credit, they did say it before mtr revealed his target
But it is NOT Madame Listo. If it be me VK woulda been DEAD long ago, I woulda gained nothin' from killing Matt. Why kill someone who be sus with me? Goin' after MTR/Satsu.

Listo95

Okay fuck it Madame Listo is gone for now. I am not scum. I'm a fucking medium who chooses a dead player during the day to talk to during the night. Seriously people, N1 I talked to Rock, he was sus of the VT claims cause he thought he was the sole VT, N2 was crackle who continued to say he was a compulsive SK, but added he couldn't kill town. N3 was Badger who was literally not sure about VK and BN being masons. N4 was CWE, who came in sober and literally still doesn't trust VK. N5 was Val who I couldn't talk to much because I had a fucking early ass shift and day started again pretty much before I got off work. Val literally believes one of VK/BN is the sk.

Listo95

Sorry da Madame cannot be confirmed. Besides usin' outside info in da Madame's eyes be cheatin'.

Listo95

Look at dis. Why would a scum Madame lie about Val not havin a result. Da Madame coulda easily said my exact role or even lied about what he said.

Listo95

Okay fuck it Madame Listo is gone for now. I am not scum. I'm a fucking medium who chooses a dead player during the day to talk to during the night. Seriously people, N1 I talked to Rock, he was sus of the VT claims cause he thought he was the sole VT, N2 was crackle who continued to say he was a compulsive SK, but added he couldn't kill town. N3 was Badger who was literally not sure about VK and BN being masons. N4 was CWE, who came in sober and literally still doesn't trust VK. N5 was Val who I couldn't talk to much because I had a fucking early ass shift and day started again pretty much before I got off work. Val literally believes one of VK/BN is the sk.
Just add 1 to all of these in terms of night the chat happened.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

The fact you broke RP and still fucked up your days makes me feel like this is just really pissed town.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Is it as easy as the SK has a godfather-esque passive? I'd expect scum to at least have one too, if so. I tend to try and keep some form of parity.

Listo just feels like the better choice. The outburst feels towny. Why go this entire time without RP, then drop the RP, then pick it back up? Was he actually threatened by Satsu saying its an autowin?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It's decent meta reads.

My struggle with listo is his arguments are basically "because this person said to". Because I typically expect listo to solve more.

The argument against listo is its possible for him to make up this role. The argument he does make that he could have said Val said his exact role hold little water for me, because a self report is easily dismissed.

Mtr and I both have actions that went off on the same night as kills. Double actions seem very implausible.

Void and blind Ninja have a weird set up for balance. I currently don't credit voud's world building element, because it only came up when he was closer to danger. Maybe he can tell me where I am wrong after game. The other factor is val's changing info. I've made enough typos over the years that I hate to really bring it up too much or overhead. But it's knowledge and we're getting winnowed down.

But now they took an action on the same night as a kill. Unless they guessed mtr would rolestop matt. Which I still find less probable.

That said, I'd buy a secret action is hidden in two people, before I'd buy that 1 person acts twice in a night

@MTR can you repeat targets?

If satsu is sk, that means val's read on him was irrelevant, and even him eventually clearing other people was at least moderately less relevant. Which makes him an interesting kill choice. Killing Matt is also interesting as it speaks to elimination of knowledge roles over cleared town. Which is also interesting.

Listo does require me to accept that he planned from the start his claim. Which I wouldn't expect from some. But seeing listo's knowledge base in told has earned great respect for his strategy. He could definitely choose an unlikely to be duplicated role and know instantly he needed to claim.

His reaction feels ok today, but it's not enough for me to take off board. ATE is not sufficient by itself.

Listo95

If ya really think da Madame be thinkin' dat far ahead she be sorry to disappoint. Most she'd be thinkin' bout be da kill targets and in what order ta get da best chances of win. Also da fact she 100% woulda killed VK after last game -.-

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Maybe it was Mazer who called his cookies delicious. I remember him being afraid, but I thought he ate it. I can't be bothered to actually go look.
Foxxi said my cookies were delicious. Everyone else I specified a cookie. You I didn't. Crumbs.

And then foxxi and I had some laughs and discussed Robin Hood.

The animated one. It's a treasure.

robin hood animation GIF by Disney

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The only way it looks worse for Listo is if you consider day action versus night action.

When he said he chose during the day, it made me come up with a really tinfoil role of a Psychic SK, which fit well except for one thing so its not really something I am pushing.

That being said, I really like this role I came up with thinking about it and totally want to use it in some form.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I can do a person twice. Just not two times in a row. I actually did Listo twice.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If ya really think da Madame be thinkin' dat far ahead she be sorry to disappoint. Most she'd be thinkin' bout be da kill targets and in what order ta get da best chances of win. Also da fact she 100% woulda killed VK after last game -.-
Do you have any holes in my thoughts on anyone else?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi said my cookies were delicious. Everyone else I specified a cookie. You I didn't. Crumbs.

And then foxxi and I had some laughs and discussed Robin Hood.

The animated one. It's a treasure.

robin hood animation GIF by Disney
Wow for the first part.

100% agree on animated Robin Hood.

Top Bottom