Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Listo95

Sorry about asking to hammer, then going MIA. refreshed for a couple min, then got stuck in a YT videos before I looked again and someone moved to hammer. Was my intention to do it.

Since we had 1 of the protective roles flip scum, willing to give the rolestop/roleblockers a bit of a pass for today. Thinking we need to look at the investigative roles now. Highly doubt all 3 are town.
Da spirits want ta remind ya dat Xan be claiming the Medical Exaimer type role and he flipped scum.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yeah....thinking about it again.

Here's the order:

Scum:
Tildey

Serial Killer:
People who have unverified abilities (if you're rolestopping, you're probably not able to kill)
Deep cut theories

Listo95

Here's the order:

Scum:
Tildey

Serial Killer:
People who have unverified abilities (if you're rolestopping, you're probably not able to kill)
Deep cut theories
I be talkin' to da spirit of da rabid animal last night. Dey confirm dat Void be jailed N1. He be not trustin of Satsu/Tildey claim. Unsure about VK. Also unsure about da Cookies

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I be talkin' to da spirit of da rabid animal last night. Dey confirm dat Void be jailed N1. He be not trustin of Satsu/Tildey claim. Unsure about VK. Also unsure about da Cookies
If Void was jailed N1, could he be the SK? That should more or less clear him of that.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If Void was jailed N1, could he be the SK? That should more or less clear him of that.
We know Rock died night 1. We know there hasn't been a multi-death night. I would have assumed factional kill night 1, but that's only me intuiting. Do you think it was the serial killer?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
OH badger.....you died so young. Simply due to the thirst for blood of a desperate kitty.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Uh so I just went to check my discord to grab my notes and I noticed the action was actually changed from doctor to roleblock.

I think...we stopped a kill?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Voidkitten wants to claim hero status so bad.

When the real hero is likely mtr

Has everyone voted every phase?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Xan be da one claimin' dat. Very easily coulda lied.
Claws was killed N3 though and scum aren’t going to faction kill their own guy. I don’t believe BN & VK shared who they targeted N3 but i hốt figure if it was Claws they would have said so since they already revealed one of their possible random actions is a kill. That would indicate Claws was killed by the SK. And if it’s an odd/even night kill situation then that would mean the SK also killed Rock. In which case, VK isn’t the SK unless he was somehow able to overcome being jailed.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Furthermore, if SK has the ON kill then their turn is next. Which means it’s worth spending time this phase to figure out who that is since they are the more immediate threat.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Furthermore, if SK has the ON kill then their turn is next. Which means it’s worth spending time this phase to figure out who that is since they are the more immediate threat.
This is correct assuming the mafia/SK do not get the ability to kill every night when the other is eliminated, assuming EN/ON kills.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Which, really what Tildey says makes sense. Xan said similar things yesterday and Tildey is saying it again.

Assuming she is the scum, I'd think it was TMI showing and we should safely assume Rock was killed by a SK, since they are claiming EN only kills.

Tildey obviously wants to focus us on that this phase.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
hey champ.

I know you've got a lot on your plate. With that thing at the time at the place, and it's certainly on my mind too.

But wondering if you could circle back on that list. Maybe get me an ETC? It's not an emergency, but would just help me out to have a rough estimate to see when it be completed.

Thanks chief.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry. My food is more important than you, boss. I was clocked out. This should be right.

Living Claims:

Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
N1: No Action
N2: Satsu (Amplify)
N3: No Action
N4: Tildey (Roleblock)

Matthieu - Oracle
N1: Hostile to town - 4
N2: Do VTs exist - Yes
N3: Makeup of hostiles - at least 1 of them is a 3p
N4: Any roles that affect actions - None

MTR - Rolestopper
N1: Rock
N2: Claws
N3: Mazer
N4: Listo

Tildey - Town Backup
N2: Backup Rock (Vanilla Townie)

Val - Rolecop
N1: VK (Schizophrenic)
N2: Claws (No Result)
N3: Xanjori (Medical Examiner)
N4: Satsu (Vanilla Townie)

VoidKitten - Mason JOAT

Listo - Psychic
N1: ???
N2: Talk to Rock - Rock is BB
N3: Talk to Crackle
N4: Talk to Badger

Satsu - VT

Mazer - Cookie Vendor
N1: Claws (confirmed by Claws)
N2: CWE
N3: Self
N4: Val

Dead Claims:

Scum:

Claws - Doctor
N1: ??? (he likely self protected from his wifom comments)
N2: ???

Xan - Medical Examiner
N2: Rock (VT)
N3: Rock (Killed by SK)
Town:
Badger - Jailkeeper
N1: VK
N2: Mazer

Rock Meets Hard Place - VT (from Tildey, Xanjori, and Listo info)
CWE - VT Neighbor (with Crackle)
Crackle - Killer Neighbor (with CWE)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sorry. My food is more important than you, boss. I was clocked out. This should be right.

Living Claims:

Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT

Matthieu - Oracle

MTR - Rolestopper

Tildey - Town Backup

Val - Rolecop

VoidKitten - Mason JOAT

Listo - Psychic

Satsu - VT

Mazer - Cookie Vendor

Dead Claims:

Scum:

Claws - Doctor

Xan - Medical Examiner
Town:
Badger - Jailkeeper

You are all in on even/odd for sk huh?

Which does take us back to a couple mysteries.

Why did rock's kill go through n1? Particularly since I got no cookie the night mtr targeted me and I targeted me?

Why does only one of val's results contain an alignment identifier?

Will satsu ever get a cookie?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

Living Claims:

Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT

Matthieu - Oracle

MTR - Rolestopper

Tildey - Town Backup

Val - Rolecop

VoidKitten - Mason JOAT

Listo - Psychic

Satsu - VT

Mazer - Cookie Vendor

Dead Claims:

Scum:

Claws - Doctor

Xan - Medical Examiner
Town:
Badger - Jailkeeper

I remember that you said you attempted to target Xan N1 but I don't remember BN saying who he attempted to target. And I don't recall either of you saying who your N3 target was. You were jailed N1 so, in theory, you can't be the SK. However, Blind wasn't jailed.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I remember that you said you attempted to target Xan N1 but I don't remember BN saying who he attempted to target. And I don't recall either of you saying who your N3 target was. You were jailed N1 so, in theory, you can't be the SK. However, Blind wasn't jailed.
Since my modifier says Mason, I really don't think Blind is the SK. It would be some bastard shit.

On D3, I had said I was going to aim at Xanjori. I ended up aiming at Claws on N3 after Badger's flip.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Since my modifier says Mason, I really don't think Blind is the SK. It would be some bastard shit.

On D3, I had said I was going to aim at Xanjori. I ended up aiming at Claws on N3 after Badger's flip.
I'm not saying I'm dead set that he is. I'm just asking questions to try to fill in blanks.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
You are all in on even/odd for sk huh?

Which does take us back to a couple mysteries.

Why did rock's kill go through n1? Particularly since I got no cookie the night mtr targeted me and I targeted me?

Why does only one of val's results contain an alignment identifier?

Will satsu ever get a cookie?
With Xan pushing it, it is likely. Tildey came in yesterday and today discussing it as well. If she is scum, it has to be TMI.

Rock's kill is interesting. Either MTR is lying (doubtful as he has interacted with other roles), the SK can strongman, or one of the scum is a roleblocker.

Vanilla Townie is just the name of the role? Unless you are thinking its a fake result because it has an alignment modifier in the name?

I actually thought you were gonna give me a cookie last night.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So I will agree that we probably need to focus on trying to nail the SK this phase if theories are correct about the alternating night kills.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
We should use this time to look for the SK, yes, but I expect mafia will be able to kill if we take out the SK.

Nearly every game with alternating kills allows the other side to kill if one side is wiped out.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
We should use this time to look for the SK, yes, but I expect mafia will be able to kill if we take out the SK.

Nearly every game with alternating kills allows the other side to kill if one side is wiped out.
Yes that is true. Good chance that person gets to do a kill due to the SK being gone.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
With Xan pushing it, it is likely. Tildey came in yesterday and today discussing it as well. If she is scum, it has to be TMI.

Rock's kill is interesting. Either MTR is lying (doubtful as he has interacted with other roles), the SK can strongman, or one of the scum is a roleblocker.

Vanilla Townie is just the name of the role? Unless you are thinking its a fake result because it has an alignment modifier in the name?

I actually thought you were gonna give me a cookie last night.
I do not think the Vanilla townie is inaccurate.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I wonder if Foxxi anticipated how in demand Mazer's cookies were going to be? I'm sad that I never got one either.
If foxxi didn't anticipate my cookies would create a fervor typically reserved for thin mints and samoas in the Spring.....then she gravely miscalculated.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Let's say the EN/on theory is true.

I see a few options:
1. False claim-likely unverified
2. The sk can do something else on even nights
3. Mazer's secret crazy forbidden theory of last options doom

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Let's say the EN/on theory is true.

I see a few options:
1. False claim-likely unverified
2. The sk can do something else on even nights
3. Mazer's secret crazy forbidden theory of last options doom
1. agree
2. not sure ive seen a SK have the option to do other things. at least in games we've seen with an ON/EN SK pair. the night they couldnt kill, they had no action.
3. sounds spicey!

That being said, this is a Foxxi game. Im sure there are shenanigans we havent seen or thought of.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
No not likely an Sk.

Xan said Rock was killed by SK. He could have lied ofc, but why lie as mafia to clear someone from being SK.

Also it looks good for Listo as not SK if he clears others from being an SK. He could have burried VK here.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Matthieu - Oracle
He said at least one of 3 hostiles is not aligned with mafia. I know it was 4 hostiles previously but whatever. So it could be 11/2/2 setup?

Xan said Rock was killed by an SK but he flipped scum so could say whatever.

Also did Crackle claim compulsive killer and not compulsive serial killer? Could Rock be Crackle kill? Any thoughts Madam Listo?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
See its that easy.

Btw does Foxxi keep reminding you that you have it?

Or is it only Claws that needs a little help to figure out such complicated things as getting a cookie?
wondering if the constant reminder was just specifically to claws for lols

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
1. Mtr, you have acted on odd nights, you claimed stopping me on a night that I was not able to receive my own cookie. I do not believe you will not serial kill me.
2. Val, you have acted on odd nights, your information is verifiable and would be hard to fake. I do not believe you will serial kill me
3. Satsu, you have been identified as a vanilla townie by Val, after your claim. I do not believe you will serial kill me.
4. Tildey, all signs point to you being scum......So I do not believe you will serial kill me.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So I understand that from options like

Tildey
One of BN/VK
Matthieu

You would rather do option 1?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yes, I would prefer to keep town numbers the same and try to get more info.

I'm still not at 50% on my serial killer

Listo95

Also did Crackle claim compulsive killer and not compulsive serial killer? Could Rock be Crackle kill? Any thoughts Madam Listo?
Da spirit of da cracked one be sayin Dey were a “compulsive SK” but dat dey not able ta kill town.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Matt, who do you think could be the serial killer? Any holes in the logic I posted?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Matt, who do you think could be the serial killer? Any holes in the logic I posted?
Void's going to hate me, though I'm starting to worry it could be Void, Blind or Listo. It's likely that the serial killer has some tricks up their sleeve to account for the amount of power roles in the game and I have a hunch that whatever it is is being holstered for the time being. It doesn't help that I'm still a little paranoid regarding Val's initial result - the more I think on it, if it were a mistake or false information then the mod would probably clarify that.

Though I don't have any real weight to put behind it and I keep second guessing myself so it isn't really anything solid.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I am struggling to figure out the SK.

I feel like Tildey is sus but not the SK.

Trying to figure out whose claim is not legit or not quite truthful is driving me crazy.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If this is a textbook schizophrenic (which I have now looked up), than void is probably not the serial killer.

I am not going to give that highest level of credit though, because it looks like they overcame mtr's protection. So we already know something atypical happened. If the same thing could overcome a jail, then void's action defense is null and void.

see what I did there? null and void....

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I know in the Rajah-style games I’ve played it’s common for some roles to have false reads when copped (i.e.-godfathers). Is that common in this type of game as well? If so, then Satsu being cleared as Vanilla Town by the cop may not be a full clear.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I know in the Rajah-style games I’ve played it’s common for some roles to have false reads when copped (i.e.-godfathers). Is that common in this type of game as well? If so, then Satsu being cleared as Vanilla Town by the cop may not be a full clear.
Good question. I would guess that would mostly apply to gf type roles

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Anytime there is a mafia team, I assume there is a GF type role with something to help them out. Be it a BPV or investigate immune. A cop would get a town result, but what would a rolecop get? So even with VT confirmed, it could be smoke and mirrors.

The way Tildey is talking, sounds like a caught scum though. Trying to survive another day, which makes me think she has something available to her tonight.

If we are 100% sure on the ON/EN killing ability of the SK and Mafia, I can see focusing toward SK tonight. But if we have any doubt on that, or think Tildey may have some other ability, it might be worth removing a her 1st.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It's a good theory, but with my main concerns on serial killer still being a few people, I think the odds are better for hit than miss.

And then we're one town down. ON/EN kill probabilities, as you said also might not be 100. Scum might pick up a kill if the SK goes down.

We've got some protections and some investigations still available.

We could ask if all killers have acted when they had kills available. Satsu had some good questions. I'm not sure how much help the dead are right now.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The way Tildey is talking, sounds like a caught scum though. Trying to survive another day, which makes me think she has something available to her tonight.

I've resigned myself to my fate. It's not like there's anything I can say that is going to change anyone's opinion on my alignment. I just wanted us to take time to have these conversations before you kill me.

For whatever its worth, I absolutely do not have any actions available to me for tonight. Do with that info what you will. :shrug:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Are you implying that you are in a relationship with yourself?

And that learning to love yourself....it is the greatest love of all?

Listo95

Are you implying that you are in a relationship with yourself?

And that learning to love yourself....it is the greatest love of all?
No. Da Listoverse has begun with me Madame Listo as da first person here.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Here's the order:

Scum:
Tildey

Serial Killer:
Deep cut theories
If Tildey is mafia and there is an SK for me it would be

Val Mazer - not sk
Listo VK - unlikely sk
MTR Matt BN - SK in there.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
MTR is confirmed by Mazer as not sk because he didnt get his own cookie right?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Val Mazer MTR - not sk
VK - unlikely sk
Listo - doesnt seem like Sk, but could be
Matt BN - SK PoE

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Tildey

I think you did well.
Your pushes on me were kind of cute. 4 stars.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I see that I’m down to L-1, so wanted to offer my final thoughts for the SK. I keep going back & forth between BN & Satsu.

I believe Val got the result that he got on Satsu but it’s not crazy to think that an SK could give a false result. However, that would typically be an alignment thing and not a role cop.

For BN it continues to bother me that he & VK couldn’t get an action off on odd nights. I get that they can only talk the first 24 hours in their chat but that’s enough time to at least narrow things down and establish a system of letting each other know which way they want to go in thread. Especially by day 3. VK was jailed N1 but BN wasn’t.

Between the two, I feel like Satsu has had the more transparent play whereas many of BN’s posts have felt more cagey. Which, to me, seems odd for town this late in the game.

Either way, it’s been a fun puzzle. Thanks for keeping me alive to work on the solve. I look forward to seeing the final result.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I see that I’m down to L-1, so wanted to offer my final thoughts for the SK. I keep going back & forth between BN & Satsu.

I believe Val got the result that he got on Satsu but it’s not crazy to think that an SK could give a false result. However, that would typically be an alignment thing and not a role cop.

For BN it continues to bother me that he & VK couldn’t get an action off on odd nights. I get that they can only talk the first 24 hours in their chat but that’s enough time to at least narrow things down and establish a system of letting each other know which way they want to go in thread. Especially by day 3. VK was jailed N1 but BN wasn’t.

Between the two, I feel like Satsu has had the more transparent play whereas many of BN’s posts have felt more cagey. Which, to me, seems odd for town this late in the game.

Either way, it’s been a fun puzzle. Thanks for keeping me alive to work on the solve. I look forward to seeing the final result.
These are good thoughts. And with a chat and thread, one would think targets could be coordinated or at least strongly intimated.

I'm still leaning elsewhere, and my theories here fall under my least probable category. But could sk status flip between the two with schizophrenic status? It would undeniably be a bastard element

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
These are good thoughts. And with a chat and thread, one would think targets could be coordinated or at least strongly intimated.

I'm still leaning elsewhere, and my theories here fall under my least probable category. But could sk status flip between the two with schizophrenic status? It would undeniably be a bastard element
I absolutely toyed with that idea. But if that was the case, wouldn’t there have been at least one night with 2 kills vs the consistent one kill per night that has been observed?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I agree that 24hrs should be enough to get a system in place, but it doesnt change the fact that opinions can and often do change. The only thing we have control over is our choice for a target. What happens to said target is RNG. So if 1 picks a town target in hopes to protect, while the other picks one in our POE in hopes for a kill... nothing happens. Again, peoples opinion change as the days go on.

Now how exactly am I feeling cagey?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
New question…if I understand the Oracle role correctly, you can only ask questions that could have been answered before the Rand. Matt’s taken some heat for his question choices. What question do you guys think he should ask tonight?

Top Bottom