Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I feel bad about claws. Which makes me wonder if I should actually feel better about claws, who was once cursed by a voodoo priestess to always appear scummy.

Reading today has not changes my opinion.

Vote: Xanjori

I'm also willing to flip to tildey if needed.
Is anyone TRing this guy?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Like, is Badger/Mazer+1 just the team and we're all bickering amongst ourselves?

Claws

Mastermind
THe problem is looking at all the roles every bloody role can rand scum or town

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
THe problem is looking at all the roles every bloody role can rand scum or town
Like this is where Im kinda at, the most suspicious roles imo are still the masons, Ive got Satsu down as VT but is that right?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I've been one of the most posters. The weekends right now.....I'm coaching 3 teams, and my other daughters have things too.

This feels like purposely ignoring the suss list.
Ah! Kid busy explains it. What kind of teams?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Da spirits think dat almost all da roles can be scum and town at dis point.
This man just admitted he is scum

Actually that reminds me of the time I was Thanos and my thread was also the Graveyard, what a game

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Ive definitely seen it

Also what left does feel like it can be scum role according to you?
Well, I would imagine roles that could help a scum team.

I was originally suspicious of badgers jailer, but I'm a bit less now.

I think tildeys alleged back up is an example of one that could help a scum team.

As I said day 2? I'm also skeptical of all the claims and whether all protection roles arr legit or would be controlled town, because that seems high

Also because it looks like crackle had a kill for town scum having some protection power may be more feasible.

Rolecop and roleblock are ones I've seen there.

I also won't rule out knowledge gaining roles, as there can be advantage there.

Overall, with a smaller team you assume she would the roles to have value.

Other than the cookie vendor, which roles do you see as probable?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ok for real I gotta go to bed my typing is annoying my GF. Badger just keeps swinging in and out the thread to avoid the inactivity stuff without pushing anywhere, and his votes arent even serving a purpose of helping town get yeets

Claws

Mastermind
Ok for real I gotta go to bed my typing is annoying my GF. Badger just keeps swinging in and out the thread to avoid the inactivity stuff without pushing anywhere, and his votes arent even serving a purpose of helping town get yeets
Give her da blood python that fix everything:rofl:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Ah! Kid busy explains it. What kind of teams?
Daughter 3 has two soccer teams. I launched a new competitive club team this year, and that's been a lot of time. Also coaching my son's team. Kindergarten soccer is fun.

Oldest two play piano. Just did recitals. The oldest also does debate, and number 2 just started Band.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It is an hour and a half left and everyone has voted.

Unless people swap, it will be a no yeet.

Xan and Tildey have the highest number of votes at L-3 and L-4 respectively.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Where is Matthieu? I feel like we haven’t heard from him since day began. And did we ever get Satsu’s D3 read on him?

Claws

Mastermind
Idk if there is actually a 3p or vk just shot rock as a scitzo because rock disagreed with him and bn

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Where is Matthieu? I feel like we haven’t heard from him since day began. And did we ever get Satsu’s D3 read on him?
What are your thoughts on people who have actually been around and posting? :D

I am not worried about Matthieu right now. Satsu already said on D2 it was a town read.

Claws

Mastermind
Im obvioysly not gunna vote xan as i have agreed most of today with him and tildeys just boring lhf its you or badger in my eyes

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
What are your thoughts on people who have actually been around and posting? :D

I am not worried about Matthieu right now. Satsu already said on D2 it was a town read.
In active folks at end of day, I try to determine if they appear to be particularly defensive or posting differently than they have been. Today’s most active folks have been you, Claws, & Xan. The three of you have been sniping at each other, sure, but no differently than you have the whole game. That’s why the folks that are missing are the ones that stand out to me.

(and thanks for the read info - I struggle to keep up during the week and I just have missed it)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
In active folks at end of day, I try to determine if they appear to be particularly defensive or posting differently than they have been. Today’s most active folks have been you, Claws, & Xan. The three of you have been sniping at each other, sure, but no differently than you have the whole game. That’s why the folks that are missing are the ones that stand out to me.

(and thanks for the read info - I struggle to keep up during the week and I just have missed it)
I think I have been very defensive today, tyvm.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think xan and tildey are likely scum.

Even claws defense of xan and willingness to go after every person but xan, under the pretense that xan agrees with him is bad.

Many people agreed with claws after he claimed doc.

So there's my top 3.

I haven't completely shook my fear of mtr.

Rolrcop has Bern scum before. If the top group is wrong Val seems Luke he needs vetting.

I won't clear void based on his claim, but it seems less probable to be scum.

I'm spiraling a little with them on this late pivot.

The same for bn.

Badger is in this tier as well, with his overall probability lower than what I have for others based on my confidence levels that someone else hits.

I don't like the way this is going with claws hunting Badger since day 2. I didn't have a problem with it then, but the trend us concerning

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Gotta clear the PoE or we are right back to where we started.

I can see town and scum Badger.
Or we make a more probable play, or don't take a likely loss, and push again on a non weekend.

I don't vote for less than 50/50 shots

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Or we make a more probable play, or don't take a likely loss, and push again on a non weekend.

I don't vote for less than 50/50 shots
There is no time for a probable play.

There is 20 minutes. Either we get info from his flip or we just come back to it tomorrow and hope someone has useful information.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Given your feelings on claws, xan, and tildey...
Do you feel like this shot has a better shot at hitting than missing?

Particularly with your train?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Given your feelings on claws, xan, and tildey...
Do you feel like this shot has a better shot at hitting than missing?

Particularly with your train?
I have 4 names in neutral and 3 names in scum.

Badger I swap with Claws in the scum place. I have changed it 3 times already. I started with Badger as neutral today and Claws evil.

In it's current iteration, Badger is scum. If he flips town, then I think Claws is 100% a good shot unless MTR is playing a damn good scum game.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
There is no time for a probable play.

There is 20 minutes. Either we get info from his flip or we just come back to it tomorrow and hope someone has useful information.
Or if you think it's less than 50/50 you don't take the shot at decreasing numbers and try to get info on your suss list anyway.

This feels like honoring sunk costs on time strategy.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So am I confident? No. But i am not confident about Claws either. I feel the best about MTR since his role has been proven as its his role BUT it could be a scum role. So he is also neutral.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I have 4 names in neutral and 3 names in scum.

Badger I swap with Claws in the scum place. I have changed it 3 times already. I started with Badger as neutral today and Claws evil.

In it's current iteration, Badger is scum. If he flips town, then I think Claws is 100% a good shot unless MTR is playing a damn good scum game.
Considering Claws today, why do you think Badger is higher scum.

He's been on less, but to date I haven't seen the typical tells.

I could probably force the push issue if needs be

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I assume one of the 3 protection claims is bunk. I trust MTR more so it leaves Clawsie and Badger.

I also dislike a rolecop (proven) and also a medical examiner/coroner/exhumer both on town.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Considering Claws today, why do you think Badger is higher scum.

He's been on less, but to date I haven't seen the typical tells.

I could probably force the push issue if needs be
I think the issue NEEDS to be forced. And this was in my prepared death post.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It will be ironic if I die tonight and can't post it tomorrow, but I expect I will be a train again tomorrow that we can talk about and then try to snap judge targets at EoD, barring any info based on how actions happened or lack of kills.

I just think there is too many claimed protections and 2 kills so far that makes it less likely these protections exist as stated.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I assume one of the 3 protection claims is bunk. I trust MTR more so it leaves Clawsie and Badger.

I also dislike a rolecop (proven) and also a medical examiner/coroner/exhumer both on town.
I see today as cornered claws. Similar to recent games. The avoidance of some people and the rationale seems telling.

And because Badger "is not here" "flitting in and out", seems easy logic rhetoric.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I see today as cornered claws. Similar to recent games. The avoidance of some people and the rationale seems telling.

And because Badger "is not here" "flitting in and out", seems easy logic rhetoric.
Claws wasn't even a target for today unless you think he is hard defending Xanjori?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
This is also a first for me. I'm kinda excited.

I have never seen someone clearly around at EoD refuse to hammer without knowing for sure or having a super high confidence they are town :D

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It will be ironic if I die tonight and can't post it tomorrow, but I expect I will be a train again tomorrow that we can talk about and then try to snap judge targets at EoD, barring any info based on how actions happened or lack of kills.

I just think there is too many claimed protections and 2 kills so far that makes it less likely these protections exist as stated.
I don't disagree at all with the protection logic.

We've both said that for a while.

I just think we're falling for a ploy, and I'd guess 70% or more we might be decreasing.

Note: all wxacr percentages are based on gut, order, and mostly me just wanting to put numbers on things.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
This is also a first for me. I'm kinda excited.

I have never seen someone clearly around at EoD refuse to hammer without knowing for sure or having a super high confidence they are town :D
I am who I am.

The reigning, defending champion of nd1l4l and the staunchest advocate of my own made-up paradigms

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Literally most of the day has been Claws and I bitching at each other.
Which, along with tildey and xan so clearly being under suspicion...produced a reaction.

I feel like we saw a change when things moved away from satsu.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Matthieu obviously scum with you and xan.

Unvote:
Vote: badger

Listo95

Da spirits not feel da best bout dis but da info always be betta for da Madame.
Unvote:
Vote: Badger

Nightingale

Administrator
End of day three vote count:

**Badger ( 7 )**- Matthieu(1349), Xan(1521), claws(1540), Void(1550), BN(1563), Tildey(1564), Satsu(1592)
**Xan ( 3 )**- Listo(1405), MTR(1468), Mazer(1499)
**Tildey ( 1 )**- Badger(1355)
**Void ( 1 )**- Val(1460)
Not Voting:
**current as of post:** 1594

Badger has been yeeted. He was Town.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 deadline Monday 10/9 @9pm EST. Please submit any actions you may have in your discord channels.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so claws was not a doc does that mean we don't have one? And how did scum die and not a town overnight?

Sorry for missing out on EOD yesterday. Driving home from a family visit.

Listo95

Madame Listo called upon da spirit of da Crackle one last night. Da spirit say da dead be very sus of Mazer, Satsu, Tildey, and me. Madame Listo believes da Xan one be suspect. Da CWE spirit also be callin all o town dumb.

Vote: Xanjori

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
My apologies for not being around towards the second half of the day phase, I have a recurring issue with my left eye and on days when it flares up I can't look at a computer screen without it hurting.

Anyway! Claws being mafia isn't terribly surprising. I had a hunch he might have just claimed to be the doctor to save himself/bait the real doctor into claiming but it was also plausible for him to be telling the truth.

I can confirm that at least one of the three hostile players is third party and separate to the mafia team.

Top Bottom