Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also I wont lie if it turns out BN is just the SK (which would explain Rock N1) that'd be the biggest fucking irony.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ok Xan if you flip town who would you like me to vote on tommorow?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
If Im right on VK being the SK its absolutely in our best interest to cut him out asap, it removes half the NKs and we dont know if theyll hit town or wolves next. I think Satsu and Tildey both have SK/wolf equity with their claims but just how VK has played and posted makes me think its him.
Since your only interest seems to lie in Void... who else is in your POE for the other scum roles?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ok Xan if you flip town who would you like me to vote on tommorow?
When I flip town I want people to seriously re-look at this conversation with VK. Especially as he tried to call me scummy over such things as "not knowing how basic roles work" while then not even knowing how ME works and trying to vote me off for it having two parts.

You and Tildey not having confirmed claims needs to be investigated properly.

I still think Matt/Listo/Val have the best claims, and Val is being open minded about todays discussion which is a good look for him.

MTR was on Claws D1 which is good so I dont think he is a member of wolf team, but his role is odd in a game where we have a jailor, like it could easily be used to stop protective abilities if scum.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Noted.
Unvote:
Vote: xanjori

Make your required posts and a vote. If someone ninja hammers i dont mind.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: void

really just a place holder to make sure people get their votes in

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
If I was the SK, I would have killed Matt or Void 1st... More then likely Void, I owe him a kill or 2.
To be fair, you may want to kill me in a game but you generally don't because if and when I get night killed it risks people looking at you suspiciously even as a joke.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
When I flip town I want people to seriously re-look at this conversation with VK. Especially as he tried to call me scummy over such things as "not knowing how basic roles work" while then not even knowing how ME works and trying to vote me off for it having two parts.

You and Tildey not having confirmed claims needs to be investigated properly.

I still think Matt/Listo/Val have the best claims, and Val is being open minded about todays discussion which is a good look for him.

MTR was on Claws D1 which is good so I dont think he is a member of wolf team, but his role is odd in a game where we have a jailor, like it could easily be used to stop protective abilities if scum.

The best claim gives out cookies. Why is this the best claim? Because cookies are delicious.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The 4th person is still a bit of a stumper for me. If I'm right about Xan, it does take away a lot of my paranoia with a few things.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
MTR is near the top of my trust list right. I was feeling good about him first thing, and the way he has been make me feel like he's probably clean vs. a deep scum strategy.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What, I need to look at you as well? Im sure I do, but my grudges are mostly toward MMO people
It's just that when people don't at least mention me on people they want to kill.....I feel like I've lost my touch.

Which, admittedly, is not off-base the last few months.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
It's just that when people don't at least mention me on people they want to kill.....I feel like I've lost my touch.

Which, admittedly, is not off-base the last few months.
You havent been the prime evil thats orchestrated my death... aside from being a mod.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Sorry to have been absent. Had to work late yesterday and was in all day training today so wasn't able to check in. Reading to back to do some catch up. I'll probably do some responses as I go rather than try to save everything until I'm done.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
There has been one death: Claws was Mafia.

It is now Day four
Day four deadline is Wednesday 10/11 @9pm est.
With 10 alive majority is 6
Guess that answers my question from yesterday regarding whether or not I should be offended by Claws labeling me LHF more than once. Clearly he was trying to keep me around to serve up as an easy yeet on another day.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Okay so claws was not a doc does that mean we don't have one? And how did scum die and not a town overnight?

Sorry for missing out on EOD yesterday. Driving home from a family visit.
For there to be a scum night kill I would say that sheds light to the make-up of the 4 hostile-to-town roles mentioned previously. It would seem that a 3p SK is likely since I can't seem scum wasting a faction kill on themselves. Confirmation of both a scum team and an SK then begs the question of why has there only been 1 kill per night instead of two?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
My apologies for not being around towards the second half of the day phase, I have a recurring issue with my left eye and on days when it flares up I can't look at a computer screen without it hurting.

Anyway! Claws being mafia isn't terribly surprising. I had a hunch he might have just claimed to be the doctor to save himself/bait the real doctor into claiming but it was also plausible for him to be telling the truth.

I can confirm that at least one of the three hostile players is third party and separate to the mafia team.

That jives with my thought process - so good to have confirmation there.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
For there to be a scum night kill I would say that sheds light to the make-up of the 4 hostile-to-town roles mentioned previously. It would seem that a 3p SK is likely since I can't seem scum wasting a faction kill on themselves. Confirmation of both a scum team and an SK then begs the question of why has there only been 1 kill per night instead of two?
2 trains of thought for only 1 kill per night...

Scum/SK alternate nights
Protective actions have been successful

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm so sorry Badger :(

Same. This is what I get for jumping on a train rather than just staying parked on Satsu. Speaking of, at this point it feels obligatory....

Vote: Satsu

(For real, though, I doubt he's in any danger of being voted off and I don't want to get caught at EOD without a vote while I'm still reading/catching up - I have had that happen too many times)

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I wonder if someone tried to kill you since you were rolestopped.
That might make sense if we only had only one night with a single kill. With a scum team & an SK able to kill every night then I have to think that we would have had at least one night with two deaths. It seems unlikely that one or the other's kill would get blocked every night. With all three night phases having a single kils I'm inclined to think that the SK and the scum team have alternating nights.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
His point is why would town need a role that can check the dead when Listo can talk to them and get the same but better info.
That makes me think...Madame @Listo95 - does your role card say anything about whether or not the dead are able to lie to you when you ask them questions? Or do they have to tell the truth?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
What Void says makes sense though I do not recall Xanjori having posted this often when in a contest against another player before (whereas Void can put out a lot of posts as either alignment), so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Vote: Voidkitten
I know that the running theory is that Foxxi made a mistake with the SK notation on your Void results. Did she tell you that she made a mistake and to ignore the typo or did she just remove the notation and not say anything about it?

Listo95

That makes me think...Madame @Listo95 - does your role card say anything about whether or not the dead are able to lie to you when you ask them questions? Or do they have to tell the truth?
Da Madame very clearly be sayin dat the Xan vote be her own feelings. Also da spirits not be needin to tell da truth but as can be seen Madame Listo only be speaking to da town spirits and dey have no reason to be lyin.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Da Madame very clearly be sayin dat the Xan vote be her own feelings. Also da spirits not be needin to tell da truth but as can be seen Madame Listo only be speaking to da town spirits and dey have no reason to be lyin.
That's a good point. And prompted a solid internal facepalm from me. I'm trying to brain but after being in training all day I don't have much left.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That's interesting. I can absolutely believe making a mistake (I can't imagine trying to run one of these games). But if that's the case, why not make clear that it was an error?
For the record, if you vote on me, you are confirming you are partners with Xanjori. Just so you know :p

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
For the record, if you vote on me, you are confirming you are partners with Xanjori. Just so you know :p
I don't plan on voting on you. But, even you can't deny that it's interesting. If something like that came up on someone else you would push the hell out of it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I don't plan on voting on you. But, even you can't deny that it's interesting. If something like that came up on someone else you would push the hell out of it.
Why would I push the hell out of edited results on myself? He had the name of my role.

Also, I was jailed on N1 if Rock was killed by the SK as Xanjori says.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Why would I push the hell out of edited results on myself? He had the name of my role.

Also, I was jailed on N1 if Rock was killed by the SK as Xanjori says.
Also making me lean not you for SK is that you like to scum-side as 3p. And that has not been the case in your posts so far as I can tell.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I need to go back through the thread tonight and make notes since I didn't do it as I went. I was focused on not being able to spreadsheet and missing write ups so I didn't even think to keep notes about the claims.

Nightingale

Administrator
There are about 24 hours left in day four

**Xanjori ( 5 )**- Listo(1598), Void(1615), Mazer(1676), matthieu(1781), satsu(1806)
**Void ( 3 )**- Xan(1620), Val(1780), MTR(1807)
**Tildey ( 1 )**- BN(1798)
**Satsu ( 1 )**- Tildey(1824)

Not Voting:
**Current as of post:** 1824

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
This made me laugh. I remember saying this in my first mafia game and both Foxxi & VK telling me that they consider it to be a scum tell.
That makes sense. Stephanie was the scummiest member of the Full House family.

Wait.

Uncle Joey was the scummiest. Just ask Alanis Morissette.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Also making me lean not you for SK is that you like to scum-side as 3p. And that has not been the case in your posts so far as I can tetell.

Are you thinking of foxxi? Psych?

Void is a care bear who can't help himself

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Are you thinking of foxxi? Psych?

Void is a care bear who can't help himself
I was thinking of games where he was scum and trying to work with the SK. I suppose you’re right that it’s not exactly the same. It’s where my brain was at, though. :dunno:

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
For what it's worth, Xanjori, if you do flip town then I agree that looking more closely at Void is a necessity and I urge people to do as much if that's the case.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
For what it's worth, Xanjori, if you do flip town then I agree that looking more closely at Void is a necessity and I urge people to do as much if that's the case.
If Xan doesn't flip, I think that needs to be evaluated. In that case, I think Satsu laid out some good thoughts on how we might investigate.

Which is not me saying anything overly strong, but it would open up more false claim possibilities or space for more possibilities.

That being said, yesterday feels instructive, and I feel good about this direction.

I'm still on the 4th person/maybe sk, If the last threat is an sk, my main thought is who can we verify their actions and know they are not falseclaiming? mtr is verified for me for example. He stopped my action from taking place. Val is verified because he came in the thread with info that would be hard to fake.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Do you think scum roles are fake or they actually have those roles but can use factional kill instead?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Do you think scum roles are fake or they actually have those roles but can use factional kill instead?
I THINK they who are who they say they are, that xan and tildy are scum, and quite probably our main challenge now will be finding the last threat.

In considering things I can't rule out, it is possible to be a false claim and use a kill. The biggest unexplained outlier is that val did not give mason for VK's role. I don't think their claim is anything we can verify absolutely with what we have. The complexity of the claim would rule out many people, but not voidkitten or Blind Ninja.

This is not to say that I think this is probable, or even my "I'm completely wrong in my top 5 reads theory", this is in my list of things I can't rule out. Just don't want to overstate anything.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Wouldnt look that great for listo as well.

We ll find out soon enough.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
While Madame Listo's action be impossible ta confirm. Da spirit of Crackle tell me dat Badger be jailin' Mazer N2.
It is more like your roles are to similar to both be town.
When town has a backup in case anyway.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Matthieu and Listo? What do you mean by confirmable?
Actually technically 3 now that you said that. I forgot Matthieu isn't really confirmable.

You, Listo, and Matthieu have roles that no one can confirm. Everyone else has had an interaction with someone in some way that confirms what they can do.

Mazer had his cookies confirmed by Claws
MTR had his rolestop confirmed by Val
Val his his rolecop confirmed by me and MTR
BN and I confirm each other as schizo masons

Xanjori is confirmed as the medical examiner (so he cannot be SK)
Tildey is not confirmed so she can be SK, but with how Claws called her a LHF and didn't want to consider her for BS reasons he used for Badger, I assume teamed.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
He is confirmed to have shared thread with BN. What they did isn't.
Yes, this is the best way to put it. We can be confident in the thread sharing. That being said, for sk I think we'd want to vet the others harder. I have a very convoluted theory about how theirs could work that way, but it's way less probable.

Nightingale

Administrator
**Xanjori ( 6 )**- Listo(1598), Void(1615), Mazer(1676), matthieu(1781), satsu(1806), MTR(1870)
**Void ( 2 )**- Xan(1620), Val(1780)
**Tildey ( 1 )**- BN(1798)
**Satsu ( 1 )**- Tildey(1824)

Not Voting:
**Current as of post:** 1870

Xanjori has been yeeted. He was Mafia.

It is now night 4. Please submit any night actions you may have in your discord channels.
Night four deadline: Thursday 10/12 @9pm EST

Last edited:

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I asked if there were any roles capable of changing the night actions of other players and the answer was 'none'.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
To be clear, I can't ask anything along the lines of 'Is X, Y?' I'm only able to ask questions about the game's setup prior to roles being handed out and nothing about what is actually happening within the game at present.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Sorry about asking to hammer, then going MIA. refreshed for a couple min, then got stuck in a YT videos before I looked again and someone moved to hammer. Was my intention to do it.

Since we had 1 of the protective roles flip scum, willing to give the rolestop/roleblockers a bit of a pass for today. Thinking we need to look at the investigative roles now. Highly doubt all 3 are town.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sorry about asking to hammer, then going MIA. refreshed for a couple min, then got stuck in a YT videos before I looked again and someone moved to hammer. Was my intention to do it.

Since we had 1 of the protective roles flip scum, willing to give the rolestop/roleblockers a bit of a pass for today. Thinking we need to look at the investigative roles now. Highly doubt all 3 are town.
Satsu is vanilla town.

Thanks for the cookie.
I don't hate BN's thought

Val, did all the results you got say the alignment? Did Satsu say vanilla "town"?

Top Bottom