Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I think Tildey has offered up some good thoughts to think about. This is definitely been puzzling to figure out. Still not sure where go to as far as who the serial killer is though. I need to get a vote on record but don't want to hammer. Want to make sure people get votes in.

Vote: Satsu

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Legit GIF

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Yep. And you, according to the Vote counts on Discord. Me voting seems silly, but I guess I can. I’m not one to self-hammer, so…

Vote: Blind Ninja
While I might not have an active vote out, I did vote. Hence on the "not voting" on discord showing the post number I removed my vote.

Nightingale

Administrator
Sorry for the delay - out camping this weekend.

Tildey has been yeeted. She was mafia.

It is now night 5. Night five deadline is sunday 10/15 @9pm EST. Please submit all night actions in your discord channels.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Who did Val target each night. SK is probably someone he had not targeted yet.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Voidkitten's previous list with additions

Living Claims:

Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
N1: No Action
N2: Satsu (Amplify)
N3: No Action
N4: Tildey (Roleblock)

Matthieu - Oracle
N1: Hostile to town - 4
N2: Do VTs exist - Yes
N3: Makeup of hostiles - at least 1 of them is a 3p
N4: Any roles that affect actions - None

MTR - Rolestopper
N1: Rock
N2: Claws
N3: Mazer
N4: Listo
n5: val

VoidKitten - Mason JOAT
N1: No Action
N2: Satsu (Amplify)
N3: No Action
N4: Tildey (Roleblock)

Listo - Psychic
N1: ???
N2: Talk to Rock - Rock is BB
N3: Talk to Crackle
N4: Talk to Badger

Satsu - VT

Mazer - Cookie Vendor
N1: Claws (confirmed by Claws)
N2: CWE
N3: Self
N4: Val
n5: satsu

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
With a second shot making it through protection, vk's n1 clear loses some confidence.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Listo, can you explain a little about how your role works? You can get specific information like previous night actions by asking the dead?

Listo95

Listo, can you explain a little about how your role works? You can get specific information like previous night actions by asking the dead?
I get ta choose any dead player and am allowed ta talk ta them during da night. Last night I be talkin' ta da drunk one. Da drunk one be wanting ya dead days ago but now believes ya to be clean.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm thinking Listo could ask Badger a specific question that both @MTR and I would know the answer to but would be hard to look up. That way, even a kill leaves alive one person that could validate Listo's ability.

Listo95

I'm thinking Listo could ask Badger a specific question that both @MTR and I would know the answer to but would be hard to look up. That way, even a kill leaves alive one person that could validate Listo's ability.
I no longer able to talk to da rabid animal. It be one time per person.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Listo claimed from the start. That helps him some, but an sk would know they need a quick claim. And listo has excellent role knowledge, and it is well within his realm to pick something early that he would have control of from an info standpoint.

Matthieu's best validation is the number of roles. As an Sk, that could be just an informed guess.

Then you have BN and vk, which would require some interesting things, but certainly not beyond the realm of what foxxi could pull

Listo95

When I did be talkin to da rabid one he confirmed da VK jail n1, Sus of Tildey/Satsu, not sure bout VK/BN, cookies be unsure.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Sorry, I didn't get the opportunity to ask a question since someone tried to break into my apartment. >_>

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The only two people that it should be able to be are Listo and Matthieu. Everyone else has actions they shouldn't be able to do with a kill.

We both picked Matthieu and he got doctored.

If MTR rolestopped Val, then the kill is either a strongman kill or the protection is bastardized for kills (since we know he MTR blocked other actions). The former just makes more sense from a game building standpoint outside of the fact there are 3 protection claims. Though that could be the bastardized part since she made a point to add in all her games could be bastardized later on.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry, I didn't get the opportunity to ask a question since someone tried to break into my apartment. >_>
That is actually really shitty. My wife was just mugged a few days ago. She's fine and they only took her cash which was like $9.

Hopefully all is okay!

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The only two people that it should be able to be are Listo and Matthieu. Everyone else has actions they shouldn't be able to do with a kill.

We both picked Matthieu and he got doctored.

If MTR rolestopped Val, then the kill is either a strongman kill or the protection is bastardized for kills (since we know he MTR blocked other actions). The former just makes more sense from a game building standpoint outside of the fact there are 3 protection claims. Though that could be the bastardized part since she made a point to add in all her games could be bastardized later on.
You would say that.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Night lasted whole duration and killing Val right now seems like something matthieu wouldnt normally do. Could still be a play though.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Mazer shouldnt be an SK because he vistited Claws on night Rock died and me last night when Val died.
MTR shouldnt be an SK because he visited Mazer on night Claws died, confirmed by Mazer.
VK is less likely to be an SK because he was jailed on night Rock died. There is a chance he could strongman from jail or use some amplify. Can't be rulled out completely.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What do you think of the theory that void and blind ninja could be flipping status.

That is also a good question? Would Matt kill val?

Listo95

Mazer shouldnt be an SK because he vistited Claws on night Rock died and me last night when Val died.
MTR shouldnt be an SK because he visited Mazer on night Claws died, confirmed by Mazer.
VK is less likely to be an SK because he was jailed on night Rock died. There is a chance he could strongman from jail or use some amplify. Can't be rulled out completely.
Based on da comment from MTR, da SK seems ta be a strongman.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What do you think of the theory that void and blind ninja could be flipping status.

That is also a good question? Would Matt kill val?
If we could call Val Mazer MTR confirmed town then he would have to go with one to final 3. Not enough time no nk all.

My guess would be that he would maybe want to go with Val. Hard to tell.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
No wait there is enough time for SK to kill all 3. So the kill order is what would make a difference.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Val makes sense to me for last night because he was working on copping people. If they can kill through my rolestops then I would be lower on the list.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
nothing I see in the rolecard says anything about status' changing.

Schizophrenic, Mason, No talking after halfday, individual target, if same target RNG action.

Thats the meat and potatoes
You also would say that.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Who do we think has the most believable story right now between matt and listo?

Listo95

You really be wantin' ta go after Madame Listo? I be talkin' to da spirit of Val tonight. I be pure as can be. Da spirits of Rock, Badger, and CWE all wanted VK/BN ta be looked at.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You really be wantin' ta go after Madame Listo? I be talkin' to da spirit of Val tonight. I be pure as can be. Da spirits of Rock, Badger, and CWE all wanted VK/BN ta be looked at.
What are your thoughts on why they might be sk?

Listo95

What are your thoughts on why they might be sk?
Da spirits say it be due ta da fact dat I be trustin all da rest of da actions. Dey all be confirmable in some way. For mine I be knowing dat I only talk ta da dead at night. Matt not be able ta get da info he has without his role.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Da spirits say it be due ta da fact dat I be trustin all da rest of da actions. Dey all be confirmable in some way. For mine I be knowing dat I only talk ta da dead at night. Matt not be able ta get da info he has without his role.
The info he has seems to be guessable. Which info do you think is the most solid?

Do you think it's both vk and bn? Or one or the other.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I think we should take out either Void or Blind to prevent both of them making it to the end game and turning against everybody else if they happen to be some weird role cruising on a technicality due to being played by two players.

So my question would be - if Void and Blind had to pick one of them to be offered up today for a yeet who would it be between them and why?

I can't bring myself to entirely disregard the weirdness of Val getting a result that was then edited away by the mod and I could easily imagine a situation where everyone in the dead thread is complaining because we're overthinking it and not taking the obvious route.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
In fact, I'm just going to go ahead and put my money where my mouth is. If I'm wrong, then feel free to take me out during the next phase (assuming I'm not the one to be killed off during the night.

Vote: Voidkitten

Listo95

The info he has seems to be guessable. Which info do you think is the most solid?

Do you think it's both vk and bn? Or one or the other.
While da info could probably be guessed da spirits think dat Matt be truthful in alignment.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I said from the start that there are two people it could be. It isn't me and with BN and I being masons, I don't think there is any SK bastard mechanics there.

Matthieu hasn't asked a useful question (or suggested one) all game except the number of anti-town. And he is voting me

Vote: Matthieu

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I think we've caught our serial killer, guys. Note how Void completely dodged my question in my post directed at him as well as falling back on claiming that I haven't asked a useful question despite my insistence that I am limited in regards to what I can ask about the game. Perhaps my questions could have been better though learning about how many roles hostile to town are present in the game.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I didnt like when Matthieu outed his question about VTs. He forgot to ask how many there are when he could ask how many threats there are.

So he went with "there are vts in game". Could be a way to say something but not too much.

However with everyone claimed that wouldnt work anyway because it was ment there are vts in game. Plural. This would still confirm me so he made another version. "vt is a role that is in game" or something. This felt super slimy. maybe I am biased because it was so so easy to do.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I didnt like when Matthieu outed his question about VTs. He forgot to ask how many there are when he could ask how many threats there are.
...but I did ask exactly that. I worded my questions in such a way as to reveal that:

In a specific number total, how many roles are present in the game that are hostile to town aligned players?

Another of my questions narrowed it down:

With either a 'yes' or a 'no' as an answer are there any third party roles present in the game that are in opposition to town aligned players other than the standard mafia team?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
In a specific number total, how many roles are present in the game that are hostile to town aligned players?

I am saying you didnt ask how many VTs are in game. I know you asked how many hostiles there are. Thats my point.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think we've caught our serial killer, guys. Note how Void completely dodged my question in my post directed at him as well as falling back on claiming that I haven't asked a useful question despite my insistence that I am limited in regards to what I can ask about the game. Perhaps my questions could have been better though learning about how many roles hostile to town are present in the game.
You were actually asking that question to me? Why would I pick between BN or I?

Listo95

Da spirits just remember ta tell Madame Listo bout da game where dere be a masonry and dere be evil in it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What are your limits?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Does foxxi typically deliver investigation results on nights you die? If you die, would she still tell you the result of your action?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
What are your limits?
I can only ask for information that would exist as of the period of time before the game was randomised. So anything about the setup but nothing that relates to the game as it is playing out.

So I can't ask if a particular player is the role that they claim to be but I can ask if there's a cop present in the game. It's why I worded my questions the way that I did.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well, it may make sense to keep listo alive then.

If we voted wrong, and the SK killed Listo, then we should be pretty close to 50/50 after.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
What are your limits?
I assume he is claiming to have the typical Oracle limits.

1. Can only ask questions the moderator could have known before the rand happened
2. Answers from the moderator will be delivered in 1-2 words only

So, asking if Mazer is a SK is not valid, but asking if the role that can give cookies can also kill would be a valid question because that is known before the rand.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I can only ask for information that would exist as of the period of time before the game was randomised. So anything about the setup but nothing that relates to the game as it is playing out.

So I can't ask if a particular player is the role that they claim to be but I can ask if there's a cop present in the game. It's why I worded my questions the way that I did.
So you could ask if the serial killer has any abilities beyond killing

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I assume he is claiming to have the typical Oracle limits.

1. Can only ask questions the moderator could have known before the rand happened
2. Answers from the moderator will be delivered in 1-2 words only

So, asking if Mazer is a SK is not valid, but asking if the role that can give cookies can also kill would be a valid question because that is known before the rand.
Thank you for answering the question directed to you, matthieu.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I really am annoyed yall keep making me think of tinfoil about BN. I really don't want to believe the word mason is bastardized. Because that just makes my brain take off, if so.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
From now on, I'm calling you Matty VK

Rajahites will understand this is a huge compliment

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I really am annoyed yall keep making me think of tinfoil about BN. I really don't want to believe the word mason is bastardized. Because that just makes my brain take off, if so.
Well, think about it. What's more likely? A role that has been externally validated being wrong? Or tomfoolery with the 2ND PAIRED SET.

I'm getting moderately tempted to punt today and try to send both matthieu and listo out to try to get helpful info and/or validate themselves

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So my brain is not into this right at the moment. Bad news this morning. Knew it was coming at some point but still sucks. Leave it at that for now.

I feel Mattieu is town and not the way to go. As much as i find it difficult to go there I am really starting to think we need to look at BN and/or Void more.

I will be back later to get a vote in but got to bounce for a bit.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Well, think about it. What's more likely? A role that has been externally validated being wrong? Or tomfoolery with the 2ND PAIRED SET.

I'm getting moderately tempted to punt today and try to send both matthieu and listo out to try to get helpful info and/or validate themselves
No, I get that. But nothing about anything that has happened at night makes me lean that way. I also dislike there are two paired sets just like I dislike 3 protections that haven't done anything except for one kill I believe.

The issue will be how to we vet what Matthieu and Listo say tomorrow, assuming both live.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So my brain is not into this right at the moment. Bad news this morning. Knew it was coming at some point but still sucks. Leave it at that for now.

I feel Mattieu is town and not the way to go. As much as i find it difficult to go there I am really starting to think we need to look at BN and/or Void more.

I will be back later to get a vote in but got to bounce for a bit.
Best thoughts to you and the House.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
No, I get that. But nothing about anything that has happened at night makes me lean that way. I also dislike there are two paired sets just like I dislike 3 protections that haven't done anything except for one kill I believe.

The issue will be how to we vet what Matthieu and Listo say tomorrow, assuming both live.
Is there anything inside that only you and val, or anyone and val would know that listo wouldn't? In a real dialogue, he can get multiple answers.

For Matt, is there anything he can validate that only a few of us know pregame. Or maybe he can ask a good serial killer question.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Come on Matty VK. Get creative.
I am quite creative thank you. But you are asking if Val (unless Listo is going to talk to scum which he said he was avoiding at some point) has anything I can verify? No, but I am sure that he and Matthieu can verify inside jokes between them.

Listo knew Val before me afaik.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Listo could ask Val: In your pms from last game, what did Mazer want to make sure he was clear on?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I am quite creative thank you. But you are asking if Val (unless Listo is going to talk to scum which he said he was avoiding at some point) has anything I can verify? No, but I am sure that he and Matthieu can verify inside jokes between them.

Listo knew Val before me afaik.
I thought about that. You can understand my concern with Matt being the only potential source of validation.

Although I do think Matt could participate in this excercise, for the benefit of all.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I could probably verify some things from Xanjori that were specifically in our neighbor chat in the fae game of Foxxi's, but not with Val. Listo could have seen that chat, but I doubt he remembers much of it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I could probably verify some things from Xanjori that were specifically in our neighbor chat in the fae game of Foxxi's, but not with Val. Listo could have seen that chat, but I doubt he remembers much of it.
Val is in the deadchat. Is there anyone in the deadchat who you could use knowledge that Val could get the info from and pass it to Listo.

Maybe someone who is not scum and rooting for our demise.

@MTR, if Badger tells Val one of the the two people he stole avatars from, you should be able to validate.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Looks like Im not the only one thats had shit go sideways in real life. Fortunately for me, its only the flu and Ive been trying to sleep all day to feel a little better.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Not really sure where to go myself. We are in a good spot and can likely vote sleep to give better numbers going into tomorrow.

Get another question answered, talk to the dead, and cookie out... At least some info will come.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I have no intention of voting Void this game. Im more likely to vote with him.

Nothing in our rolecards say anything about one of us being evil.

Top Bottom