Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Do you really think i am fake claiming vt here?
Would be great if matthieu could ask how many vts are in a game.
Sadly rock is already dead and more to follow so it wont work. Boo
Anyone that has played scum with me knows that I talk with my team a lot to make sure I’m on the same page as they are & I ask a lot of questions. And that’s in games where I’m comfortable with the format. This is my first time playing this style of game. If I were scum wouldn’t my team have stopped me from making a claim that would make me look Sus? I’m telling the truth when I say I have no actions.

On the other hand, I stand by my previous statement that Rock seems like an odd N1 kill unless he was onto something that scum wanted stopped. His vote was on you and that’s why I placed my vote on you. I’m not one that tends to move my votes around, but I’m always open to considering it if given enough reason to do so. I haven’t really seen a compelling reason to move my vote off of you.

Claws

Mastermind
Which one of you dicks gave me a cookie the fox wont stop saying claws you got a cookie

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I am kinda with Claws and Matthieu. I get where CWE is coming from, but I dislike relying on another role to try and clear them, when that role is know and there are probably things that can interfere with it.

Let's say no kill from Crackle happens. And Val dies. What do you do then? We are right back at the exact same spot.

I really doubt we have a whole mess of neutrals in this game. It is only 15 players. With 4 people hostile to town, that leaves the rest needing to be town for it to be a balanced game.

Xanjori said he will have info tomorrow. So are we going to just trust that and move to someone else? That means Xanjori is claiming what is probably a Cop role, assuming there is a cop and rolecop, based on what other claims we have.

I am good with Crackle or Satsu. That is where I want to go for.
I do not hate anything about this post.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
What kind of cookie was it? Chocolate Chip? Oatmeal raisin? A delicious snickerdoodle?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Worried about forgetting to get a vote in. So going here but as long as I am around I am willing to change. I just not sure where to go so getting us towards a majority

Vote: Satus

Listo95

Da spirits have told Madame Listo dis very important rule dat should be followed. If someone be claimin a kill dey must be removed from da material plane.

Unvote: Unvote
Vote: Crackle

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't hate the Satsu train. For me, we have crackle as a known sk. it does not seem that he is town aligned. You kill red first, if you have better than a 50/50 shot. If you have less than that, you try to avoid taking out one of your own.

That's the best percentage play for me.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I don't hate the Satsu train. For me, we have crackle as a known sk. it does not seem that he is town aligned. You kill red first, if you have better than a 50/50 shot. If you have less than that, you try to avoid taking out one of your own.

I’m fine with switching to Crackle if that’s the train we can get to majority. I may be Sus of Satsu, but to the Madame’s point, Crackle is an admitted killer.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
We are about 4.5 hours remaining in the day.

Hammer will be 8 votes.

Satsu is at 5
Crackle is at 4
VK is at 2
Xan and Tildey are 1.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Explain this? If we have an SK removing it fully stops one NK from occurring?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would prefer Crackle to go over today. But if we don't have people swapping to him by the time it hits 3 hours left, I will swap to Satsu to put it closer to hammer.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Unvote:
Vote: Crackle

Not sure how i feel about the town aligned SK. Sounds like some tom foolery there. And with CWE/Crackle being neighbors, but not saying what they discussed. Wonder if they are actually lovers.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Explain this? If we have an SK removing it fully stops one NK from occurring?
Which part?

If you're referring to why my default is to prioritize to kill a known or probable red, it's for a few reasons. For example, I know that scum is a group that can act in coordination. They typically will have a kill and multiple abilities, and the team aspect makes them more dangerous in the day phase. They also can partner for a mislead. And because, I know I always have to eliminate them.

The 3rd party is the much harder role, and typically will have more trouble influencing the overall group, whether they are neutral or not (Although as I said I doubt neutral in this case). They might have kill constraints (are they inactive killers, every other night). If I had a scum and a sk identified, I would also tend to be more confident in my ability to target night actions at them, since I know who they are, and they can't count on teammates to try and spring them.

So that's why it's my overall paradigm that I work from. As I said, because in a case like this I have no stronger scum read, crackle would be the way I lean.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm interested in some of the early motion before crackle was outed. Still curious about satsu, xan, mtr, and tildey.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Last time I checked the vote count in Discord you were the only one without an active vote. So unless somebody else Unvoted only, you are correct.
Ah good. Thank you for checking. my discord access is only intermittent on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Ah good. Thank you for checking. my discord access is only intermittent on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I get it. I had a rare afternoon today where I was meeting light and the ones I had didn’t require me to present or run them. It meant I was actually to pop in here and get some posts in. Even if it was with my phone.

Nightingale

Administrator
Crackle has been yeeted. He was Town.

It is now Night 2. Please submit any actions you may have in your discord channels.
Night two deadline: Friday 10/6 @9pm EST

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Oof i was worried it would be matthieu. Well played CWE town mvp

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Also thank you all tpr and scum for submiting night actions in timely manner. :cheers:

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Guess must have been rolestop or jail. Got to ask badger and mtr

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Scum being scared of CWE being confirmed town is interesting over power role shots.

Maybe they assumed (clearly correctly) that he wouldn't be protected.

Also, lmao I told CWE he was probably fine and they shoot him.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You did well my wait time for day to start was amplified.

Now reconsider. Who is scum tell me. Last chance.
Unvote:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Outside of Val and MTR seemingly having the fastest answer to mechanic questions and it happens to confirm MTR irks me a little bit. But it is just the timing of it.

MTR seemingly is confirmed by Vals results.
Claws is not confirmed, but I had leaned him town due to how he described the doctor.
Badger claimed to have jailed me and there is no proof of that since we chose different targets that night.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am also wondering if one of the two claiming vanilla town are actually vanilla scum and not all of them have actions. Just a thought

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I am also wondering if one of the two claiming vanilla town are actually vanilla scum and not all of them have actions. Just a thought
This was kinda where my mind went with CWE last night when I was tinfoiling away. I would expect one to be a goon, yes.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Matthieu i need to say if you ase town or scum before this day ends. So did you ask a right question? :squint:

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I was a Town Backup. Which is why I said I had no actions (because until someone died I didn’t). I didn’t claim Backup outright because I was worried that would make me a bigger target to Scum. Last night, I backed up Rock (hoping to get an action). Jokes on me - he was Vanilla Town. So still no actions or cookies for me. :-(

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I was a Town Backup. Which is why I said I had no actions (because until someone died I didn’t). I didn’t claim Backup outright because I was worried that would make me a bigger target to Scum. Last night, I backed up Rock (hoping to get an action). Jokes on me - he was Vanilla Town. So still no actions or cookies for me. :-(
Yeah, I believe this.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Do you feel confident both you and bn are town.

What's your confidence level on a scale of nilla wafer to chewy chocolate chip?
If we are talking packaged cookies, nilla wafer over chewy chocolate (not over like standard chips ahoy which are their own special brand of delicious).

If we are saying nilla wafer over homemade fresh out of the oven still soft cookies, then the homemade ones hand down

I have no idea how you are relating these to town versus scum though so I'll be interested what you take from this.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Could there be no doc? Could that actually be a thing.

I'm still defaulting to believing claws. But I question the multi protection.

Claws

Mastermind

I'm still defaulting to believing claws. But I question the multi protection.
Ideally no in a proper mafia esq there will be cop and dr

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Living Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
Claws - Doctor
Matthieu - Oracle
MTR - Rolestopper
Satsu - VT

Tildey - Town Backup
Val - Rolecop
VoidKitten - Mason JOAT

Living No Claim:

Mazer - No obvious claim
Xan - Claimed he will have info
Listo - No obvious claim unless RP is some form of claim.

Dead Claims:

Rock Meets Hard Place - VT (from Tildey's info)
CWE - VT Neighbor
Crackle - Claimer? Neighbor

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If we are talking packaged cookies, nilla wafer over chewy chocolate (not over like standard chips ahoy which are their own special brand of delicious).

If we are saying nilla wafer over homemade fresh out of the oven still soft cookies, then the homemade ones hand down

I have no idea how you are relating these to town versus scum though so I'll be interested what you take from this.
Well, I asked you to rate how confident you were on both you AND BN being town.

And obviously nilla wafers are the low end. Chewy chocolate chip are very confident.

And you excluding chewy Chips A Hoy from the category is offensive to me and the good people of Nabisco.

So maybe 1-5. Is this something we're more comfortable with?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah i lost a game where town had a jailkeeper and scum had a doc and they won a game on that claim.

But it is dr claws no?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Living Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
Claws - Doctor
Matthieu - Oracle
MTR - Rolestopper
Satsu - VT

Tildey - Town Backup
Val - Rolecop
VoidKitten - Mason JOAT

Living No Claim:

Mazer - No obvious claim
Xan - Claimed he will have info
Listo - No obvious claim unless RP is some form of claim.

Dead Claims:

Rock Meets Hard Place - VT (from Tildey's info)
CWE - VT Neighbor
Crackle - Claimer? Neighbor
But definitely a trail of crumbs to follow

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Well, I asked you to rate how confident you were on both you AND BN being town.

And obviously nilla wafers are the low end. Chewy chocolate chip are very confident.

And you excluding chewy Chips A Hoy from the category is offensive to me and the good people of Nabisco.

So maybe 1-5. Is this something we're more comfortable with?
I just rated cookies.

5. I trust what my card says for its modifier.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I just rated cookies.

5. I trust what my card says for its modifier.
There's no such thing as a bad cookie.

Just bad cookie eaters.

I'm less worried on Tildey now. Ans a bit less on mtr.

Mtr could still be a scum role. But it's possible he's not.

VT is an easy claim. I'm curious if listo is crumbing or role-playing

I'm a little more neutral on Badger after yesterday.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
There's no such thing as a bad cookie.

Just bad cookie eaters.

I'm less worried on Tildey now. Ans a bit less on mtr.

Mtr could still be a scum role. But it's possible he's not.

VT is an easy claim. I'm curious if listo is crumbing or role-playing

I'm a little more neutral on Badger after yesterday.
If MTR is scum do you then think it was a play to protect Claws?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So lets see. Doing this from memory so don't quote me.

Claws - Claimed with the Dre and cat gifs towards the end of the day. Discussed self-protection and then tried to play off the WIFOM the next day. He was then rolestopped on N2 which means his target should have been protected, if it is all true.

Badger - Claimed out of the blue that he jailed me after I talked about him. Actually, I think it was my vote. It felt towny at the time and would have explained me not getting a result, but this was lessened by BN saying he chose differently.

MTR - Claimed rolestopper but not immediately. He tried to describe his role and then fully claimed it. It sounds legitimate as Val gave confirming no result on Claws who MTR says he targeted on N2.

Badger or Claws would be the two sus ones barring tinfoil about MTR/Val team.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I am also trying not to eviscerate Tildey's claim because with Crackle he was either just bullshitting or had some claimeresque role.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well it seems Tildey stole my thunder. I was hoping Matt would post about his question but yeah I can confirm that Rock was VT

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If he claims what I think he could claim and goes along with his comments, I'm gonna laugh because I was like legit just thinking about this yesterday sometime.

Listo95

Madame Listo spoke to da spirit of da Rocky one last night. He be saying he was a basic bitch.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Madame Listo spoke to da spirit of da Rocky one last night. He be saying he was a basic bitch.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Living Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
Claws - Doctor
Matthieu - Oracle
MTR - Rolestopper
Satsu - VT
Tildey - Town Backup
Val - Rolecop
VoidKitten - Mason JOAT
Listo - Psychic
Xan - Rolecop/Flip Cop

Living No Claim:

Mazer - No obvious claim but says he left many hints

Dead Claims:

Rock Meets Hard Place - VT (from Tildey, Xanjori, and Listo info)
CWE - VT Neighbor (with Crackle)
Crackle - Claimer? Neighbor (with CWE)

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Mazer was HMP Badger last night? Was the accommodation to your liking?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Living Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
N1: VK
N2: Mazer

Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
N1: No Action
N2: Satsu (Amplify)

Claws - Doctor
N1: ???
N2: ???

Matthieu - Oracle
N1: Hostile to town - 4
N2: ???

MTR - Rolestopper
N1: Rock
N2: Claws

Tildey - Town Backup
N2: Backup Rock (Vanilla Townie)

Val - Rolecop
N1: VK (Schizophrenic)
N2: Claws (No Result)

VoidKitten - Mason JOAT
N2: Satsu (Amplify)

Listo - Psychic
N2: Talk to Rock - Rock is BB

Xan - Rolecop/Flip Cop
N2: Rock (VT)

Satsu - VT

Living No Claim:

Mazer - No obvious claim but says he left many hints

Dead Claims:

Rock Meets Hard Place - VT (from Tildey, Xanjori, and Listo info)
CWE - VT Neighbor (with Crackle)
Crackle - Claimer? Neighbor (with CWE)
N1: Claimed kill on someone that failed.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
There's limitations to my role when it comes to what I can ask, though I put a question through last night and I can confirm that there are indeed VT's present in the game.

I asked that since we're only getting alignment flips and some players have expressed concern that the VT claims could be fake or that every single player is some sort of power role.

Listo95

There's limitations to my role when it comes to what I can ask, though I put a question through last night and I can confirm that there are indeed VT's present in the game.

I asked that since we're only getting alignment flips and some players have expressed concern that the VT claims could be fake or that every single player is some sort of power role.
Dat was not da right question da spirits say.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

The downside, is VT is an easy claim to make as scum.

Not sure the restrictions you have within the role, but I feel like another question would have been better to figure out more.

Claws

Mastermind
Id be curious with bns alignment if vk apparently came back 3p that would interest me greatly as for mafia im not sure likely some1 is lying

Top Bottom