Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Doesn't really matter if I get modkilled now since I've already outted myself and would at best get maybe one more night to rolecop anyone

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
At the risk of infringing upon the "don't quote mod stuff" rule, I double checked discord. The info I got has been edited so it now just says schizophrenic. It used to say schizophrenic SK.
I'm not going to argue about what your results were delivered as, but I am a Schizophrenic mason, not a SK.

And someone in this thread can prove it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If you knew you were a schizophrenic mason...

Might that mean you are not a schizophrenic Mason?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Val is lying. I think Foxxi fucked up.

Which makes me wonder if there is actually a SK in the game and its 11/3/1?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm liking all these twists and turns.

I think one of the potential points in Void's favour is the frequency in which he is handed unusual/challenging roles in Night's games.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So some more deets.

I can talk to my partner for the first 24 hours of the day (lucid). After that we cannot speak. Each night we both have to choose a target. If we both choose the same target, our action goes off. If we don't it fails.

The action is chosen from a list of six actions, but it is chosen by dice. Not by us. If the action goes off, we get told what action was used on that person. There is a killing power in that list of six, along with protections and roleblocks, etc.

I didn't get told an action last night which made me realize its possibly because of Badger jailing me. Either that or my partner and I picked different targets.

I chose Xanjori as my target last night.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'm liking all these twists and turns.

I think one of the potential points in Void's favour is the frequency in which he is handed unusual/challenging roles in Night's games.
This role is challenging mechanically. I can at least post coherently this game.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Let's not get into the trap of thinking all roles are town roles.

I think cwe might remember from that from our first game on mmoc.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Let's not get into the trap of thinking all roles are town roles.

I think cwe might remember from that from our first game on mmoc.
We know there are 4 bad unless Matthieu is lying, which I doubt. I believe the Oracle claim 100%.

So its 4 scum or 3/1, if we take the SK gaffe to mean there is one.

The rest are town.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Oh wait. I think you mean like don't assume what you know to typically be town as solely town.

I get it. I'm dumb okay.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi always liked to do that with roleblockers. She used to go on tirades about how roleblockers should not be town. And in her games they never were. Then she added a town roleblocker and I kinda remember them being yeeted.

Claws

Mastermind
So some more deets.

I can talk to my partner for the first 24 hours of the day (lucid). After that we cannot speak. Each night we both have to choose a target. If we both choose the same target, our action goes off. If we don't it fails.

The action is chosen from a list of six actions, but it is chosen by dice. Not by us. If the action goes off, we get told what action was used on that person. There is a killing power in that list of six, along with protections and roleblocks, etc.

I didn't get told an action last night which made me realize its possibly because of Badger jailing me. Either that or my partner and I picked different targets.

this is getting confusing >.> and im not buying it

Unvote:

Vote: voidkitteh

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
So some more deets.

Wish you didnt fully spill the beans. And we picked different people.

Foxxi did say she was gonna make this hardmode for me.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
At the risk of infringing upon the "don't quote mod stuff" rule, I double checked discord. The info I got has been edited so it now just says schizophrenic. It used to say schizophrenic SK.
I guess one would be a role and other a modifier and you should only get one of those. Unlucky moderror but it wasnt a schizophernic mason was it?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I was more concerned with framing me over VK... I made a comment similar to VK and was told to stop stealing his shtick
But it was me who voted on Rock and he voted on me. If it was a frame it was most likely on me.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Wish you didnt fully spill the beans. And we picked different people.

Foxxi did say she was gonna make this hardmode for me.
If VK flips town it should make you a confirmed town. How is that a hardmode? Or is the hardmode getting an SK duo with a high profile night action magnet ;p

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
If VK flips town it should make you a confirmed town. How is that a hardmode? Or is the hardmode getting an SK duo with a high profile night action magnet ;p
Not able to communicate in the back half of the phase makes it more of a challenge to coordinate who we want to target. And the RNG nature of the action that happens.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1-Strongman 2-Cannibal 3-Ninja 4-Strongaman 5-Cannibal 6-Ninja ? :squint:

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
So some more deets.

1-Strongman 2-Cannibal 3-Ninja 4-Strongaman 5-Cannibal 6-Ninja ? :squint:
Since you intentionally failed to read or are reaching

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
How can I say this without outright saying it...

Someone's claim is...odd.

What are the odds we would have 2 of the same role but with variations? And if true...does that mean...

:squint:

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
But it was me who voted on Rock and he voted on me. If it was a frame it was most likely on me.
The fact that Rock was drawing votes makes it odd to me that he was targeted by scum. This is my first time playing this kind of game so maybe the strategies are different, but I always understood that unless there was a compelling reason scum teams preferred to keep players around that are drawing votes as possible misyeet targets.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
EBWOP (didn’t finish my thought)

For Rock to be taken out like that N1 and not be kept around makes me wonder if he wasn’t on to something with his vote.

For now, at least,
Vote: Satsu

I’m willing to change later as things develop.

FYI - I likely won’t be able to do more than a quick check-in until after work. My goal is to keep up with the reading throughout the day, but typically I’m not able to do much (if any) posting while at work.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

What are the odds we would have 2 of the same role but with variations? And if true...does that mean...

If you aren't talking about protections, then it is Oracle, the mason claim, or the rolecop. I could see a game with two oracles. Two sets of masons (start game with same alignment known) would be unlikely but not impossible depending on overall power setup. If its something like Mystic from ToL or a neighborizor, i can see both in the game together. For the rolecop, Val legit knew my Schizophrenic role. Doesn't mean the rolecop is necessarily town, but I think the way he offered to be modkilled makes it more likely town.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Not able to communicate in the back half of the phase makes it more of a challenge to coordinate who we want to target. And the RNG nature of the action that happens.
It's the not being able to reliably pick the night action which sucks most. So if I wanted to shoot Xanjori, I'd have to choose correctly, BN would need to choose correctly, and then the dice needs to pick the kill and neither of us roleblocked.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If you aren't talking about protections, then it is Oracle, the mason claim, or the rolecop. I could see a game with two oracles. Two sets of masons (start game with same alignment known) would be unlikely but not impossible depending on overall power setup. If its something like Mystic from ToL or a neighborizor, i can see both in the game together. For the rolecop, Val legit knew my Schizophrenic role. Doesn't mean the rolecop is necessarily town, but I think the way he offered to be modkilled makes it more likely town.
My hint might help...

:shifty:

I've also flat out damn near role claimed day 1.

And if you are going back to figure out the claim...good luck? My claims are vague to say the least normally.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So some more deets.

And just what were you trying to do to me?

Im not buying this, this sounds so convuluted that its like you asked ChatGPT to print out some nonsense

Vote: VoidKitten

I had Val down as towny from D1 and I think he's caught a baddy here

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And just what were you trying to do to me?

Im not buying this, this sounds so convuluted that its like you asked ChatGPT to print out some nonsense

Vote: VoidKitten

I had Val down as towny from D1 and I think he's caught a baddy here
I have used chat GPT to try and come up with mafia roles. It could not come up with this role if I tried.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Also, you were a safe bet. You weren't someone who I felt was town. Maybe i doctored you. Maybe I roleblocked you. Maybe you died. No idea.

But each action is 1x, so the more we use successfully the more we can narrow down what abilities on what people.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Did you claim somewhere that I missed like most of the game has now? What have you done that makes you town?

Strongman kills should go through a jailer, yes.
My posting makes me town, I expect you to be able to find me if you're town too, we've played plenty of games together

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Rock being dead probably looks worst for BN, but that may also just be WIFOM

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
My posting makes me town, I expect you to be able to find me if you're town too, we've played plenty of games together
I scum read you early nearly every single game because I cannot read you until later. There is a running joke about this.

The games I don't scum read you are the ones where I just kill you because you are a pest or said nice things about me.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Matt is almost lock town with his info, I cant see an oracle being either scum sided or just revealing that info to the thread if a scum roll.

Claws being alive still isnt unusual...yet, pretty normal to doc dodge with NKs.

Im undecided on Val and what his role means and how its most likely aligned, but I am curious as to why he didnt try confirm claws.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I scum read you early nearly every single game because I cannot read you until later. There is a running joke about this.

The games I don't scum read you are the ones where I just kill you because you are a pest or said nice things about me.
Oh no, youve caught the Foxxi disease D:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Matt is almost lock town with his info, I cant see an oracle being either scum sided or just revealing that info to the thread if a scum roll.

Claws being alive still isnt unusual...yet, pretty normal to doc dodge with NKs.

Im undecided on Val and what his role means and how its most likely aligned, but I am curious as to why he didnt try confirm claws.
Claws is likely legit solely due to the fact he talked about self targeting.

Sure it could be a gambit, but he is used to doctors not being able to self target. Which means Foxxi likely specifically called it out in the role card. This is what I was hinting at before he claimed it because I was hoping he'd just self protect and eat a shot. Most players in this game would not have expected the self targeting doctor right off the bat I don't think.

Claws then clearly had the same thought by saying if they dodged him it was probably someone from MMOC. Which I agree with, though slightly lessened since he said he could self target which then brings in the best doctor WIFOM fun ever.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Val isn't town or scum by nature of the claim as rolecops can easily be any side. I think him coming into the thread, declaring the info he has even though it risks a modkill, is towny. Would one of the scum team risk a modkill or even bring up the words modkill even if they didn't think it would happen?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Badger did you get confirmation that you jailed him? Were you able to talk to him?

Why are you voting me so easily at Voids suggestion?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Val isn't town or scum by nature of the claim as rolecops can easily be any side. I think him coming into the thread, declaring the info he has even though it risks a modkill, is towny. Would one of the scum team risk a modkill or even bring up the words modkill even if they didn't think it would happen?
Hmm, I mean I get the modkill bit is townier. I was thinking if scum role cop they just blast your ass, although claiming credit for it before it happens is a great wa to get town cred

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Like why are none of you asking the obvious questions around these claims?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm Void did soft defend BN for most of yesterday, Occam's razor would imply that unless its exactly an SK duo that BN is in fact town.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
All I know is the action was received, no confirmation was if it successfully went through or not and no I didn’t speak to him.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
All I know is the action was received, no confirmation was if it successfully went through or not and no I didn’t speak to him.
Do you have options to talk to and kill your target?

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Xan. This isn't throne of lies.

Normal JK is just a roleblock and a doctor in one :D
We did do the whole talk/kill thing once in one of JP’s Mortal Kombat games when I first started playing but not come up since as far I know.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
How does oracle work? Is it ask mod a question role?
It's the ask a mod a question that can only have been answered before the rand and usually limited in response length. So nothing about players specifically, but if worded correctly it can give good info. The power is in the asker.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Foxxi always liked to do that with roleblockers. She used to go on tirades about how roleblockers should not be town. And in her games they never were. Then she added a town roleblocker and I kinda remember them being yeeted.
I distinctly remember this from the flagbearer game. CWE was going to make a claim, and people could assume whatever. Because his role was often town, we could hope for an assumption and he wouldn't have to lie.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
you and Bn would have been the most likely frame targets.

And simultaneously the most likely to want rock, who isn't known for changing his opinions a lot, out of the game

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Unless it's one specific scenario, that I'm not going to spell out.....those odds seem low

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If you start crediting everyone for sacrifices that go nowhere again.....

Angry Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
you and Bn would have been the most likely frame targets.

And simultaneously the most likely to want rock, who isn't known for changing his opinions a lot, out of the game
I am quite cautious as scum. i wouldnt touch Rock even through paper. I wouldnt oppose if he was a n1 kill choice either.

I suppose it was ment to be just a wft kill and go grom there.

Claws

Mastermind
Im pretty gung ho to yeet vk val isnt one to pull a wild 1 for 1 stunt

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If his scum buddies kindly asked him to than maybe he would go with result to 1v1 sk ::):.

But it would be bad timing to do it anyway

Claws

Mastermind
Badger could just be a dirty rb
If his scum buddies kindly asked him to than maybe he would go with result to 1v1 sk ::):.

But it would be bad timing to do it anyway
Out the gate tho and val being one of the hardest to read because he tends to do nothing i doubt it

Claws

Mastermind
I remember a time when i was new and mistakenly came out as a roleblocker instead of jailkeeper and got immediatly burned

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah unless scum have fake clsims they can prepare in night and jump off with i would take early claims town

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Val is lying still. I am a mason. That was confirmed by my partner. So that means with 4 bad there are 3 options.

11/4 - No SK
11/1/3 - SK due to Val's claim
11/2/2 - BN and I are duo SK and there are only 2 other scum in a 15 player game

Claws

Mastermind
Nieghbors or mason idk tbh i think this might be weird i still think if he "looked" at you your the sk mason

Claws

Mastermind
im a lil confused on your claim so straighten me out do you and bn pick or do you and your target pick (your more then just a mason) assuming you get one also if your target decides to ignore you do you just get to submit a mason could be

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Nieghbors or mason idk tbh i think this might be weird i still think if he "looked" at you your the sk mason
One of masons is SK or this was a leftover from 16 player game nightingale wanted to have.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Aren't mason on the same team? And neighbors can be either with or against each other?

Top Bottom