Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiss mafia

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
BN, how do you feel about Claws and Dreyski? I know you gave Nightingale's legacy, but I'm curious how your personal thoughts compare

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I am surprised that I survived the night, so thank you if anyone protected me. Then again, maybe the doc protect was foreseen by scum so they decided to take out Foxxi.

I was kind of sus about Mazer, but after he led the passionate charge to take ForgottenFuture out, and it being so close to a no yeet, for now I don't see anyone on that train being dirty. Which leaves Dreyski, Void/Listo, CWE and Val. CWE already pinged me based on how he responded to my prodding, so I think there will be sus there even if I don't investigate him. Void being MIA needing to be replaced by Listo - I hope everything is okay with Void - doesn't give us anything to look at either way yet, but I would like to give Listo a chance to say something.

Dreyski did give a list of reads that included sus on ForgottenFuture, which makes me lean town on him.

So I decided to use my cop check on Val.

I got back a not guilty result. Val is clean, like MTR, unless maybe a godfather.

Vote: CWE

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@Listo95 If you could run some vote analysis when you get the chance. It's early but with two chops and one of them on scum, I think there's some juice to squeeze out

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
BN, how do you feel about Claws and Dreyski? I know you gave Nightingale's legacy, but I'm curious how your personal thoughts compare
Kinda agree with her that Claws is likely town with the ways he's been playing/acting.

Ive had my own suspicions on Drey.

My POE, currently, is: Drey, Psycho and Listo (inactive VK slot). With CWE and Diva a bit on the outside. Full on Null read of Val (so can go either way)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I am surprised that I survived the night, so thank you if anyone protected me. Then again, maybe the doc protect was foreseen by scum so they decided to take out Foxxi.

I was kind of sus about Mazer, but after he led the passionate charge to take ForgottenFuture out, and it being so close to a no yeet, for now I don't see anyone on that train being dirty. Which leaves Dreyski, Void/Listo, CWE and Val. CWE already pinged me based on how he responded to my prodding, so I think there will be sus there even if I don't investigate him. Void being MIA needing to be replaced by Listo - I hope everything is okay with Void - doesn't give us anything to look at either way yet, but I would like to give Listo a chance to say something.

Dreyski did give a list of reads that included sus on ForgottenFuture, which makes me lean town on him.

I got back a not guilty result. Val is clean, like MTR, unless maybe a godfather.

Any reason you didn't use the check on CWE? Usually I'd cop the person I'm most suspicious of.

How do you feel about the fact that Dreyski scumread Future but didn't engage with he people voting Future/place a vote?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

He may have given a sus list, but didnt vote there. It isnt uncommon for scum to sus one another. Dont give him a pass just for saying he thought FH was sus.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Kinda agree with her that Claws is likely town with the ways he's been playing/acting.

Ive had my own suspicions on Drey.

My POE, currently, is: Drey, Psycho and Listo (inactive VK slot). With CWE and Diva a bit on the outside. Full on Null read of Val (so can go either way)
That's roughly where I'm at while still thinking about Claws just because the pivot to Future did seem a bit sudden, but eh.

Who do you think is more suspicious between CWE and diva? I don't really think either are scum but if I had to pick, I'd probably lean Diva after Future's flip

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
That's roughly where I'm at while still thinking about Claws just because the pivot to Future did seem a bit sudden, but eh.

Who do you think is more suspicious between CWE and diva? I don't really think either are scum but if I had to pick, I'd probably lean Diva after Future's flip
I dont read CWE the same as others do. Id default towards Mazer on a more solid read there, but I dont have him as a town read. Kinda in that neutral ground that can go either way.

Diva is in a similar, yet different boat. I can see some townie things and some scummy things. Cut has me leaning scum on her, but not sold.

Claws

Mastermind
this is rich comming from the guy who litterly last second flipped over dont be a hipocrit unless your scum then go for it ill push you back

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
this is rich comming from the guy who litterly last second flipped over dont be a hipocrit unless your scum then go for it ill push you back
I already said this and it's exactly why I'm not pushing you for it

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

As someone who worked through it with claws, it didn't feel more sudden than a normal change of mind.

Claws was pretty active. I know he makes joking posts, but he was inquisitive on others. He never seemed set to me, and he talked through it.

I don't see that one more than any other.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
We worked through the reads a lot yesterday. We had mild ranking differences, but not tier differences. I co-sign foxxi's list.

Claws

Mastermind

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Any reason you didn't use the check on CWE? Usually I'd cop the person I'm most suspicious of.

How do you feel about the fact that Dreyski scumread Future but didn't engage with he people voting Future/place a vote?

I figured that there was a decent chance I'd be taken out because I claimed, and I had already made it clear I didn't feel great about CWE this game, so I thought if I was taken out, my posts would be looked at, and CWE would get the attention he needs. Also, I considered the possibility that scum knew that a cop was sus of CWE, so they might have bomb protected/trapped anyone who looked at him. I figured my best chance to keep helping our town was to look elsewhere.

I explained why I think the people on ForgottenFuture's train looked clean to me, as the no lynch option was just as much a possibility. Before the yeet occurred, though, I had Mazer and Foxxi both as a little sus because I felt they weren't solving the way they do as town. It wasn't until I realized that both had likely been posting a lot of their solving/prodding in their own neighborhood, and their read on Future was solid.

So my choice of targets was Dreyski, Void/Listo, and Val. I explained that Void/Listo's absense meant they deserved at least a chance to post. Between Dreyski and Val was a coin flip, so I picked and was able to clear Val. And I am glad I survived the night to share that with everyone.

It seems to me there are at least a couple more baddies to find, and process of elimination means it is likely that CWE / Dreyski / Listo are the priorities.

I voted CWE because he is known to tell the truth, and instead of denying he is a threat to town, he says kill him and find out. Dreyski at least gave an appearance at trying to solve and to sus ForgottenFuture, even if he didn't follow up with a vote. I just don't see CWE has done anything to help town. He may be 3rd party with a wincon of having to get yeeted, but I do think he is more of a threat to town than the others at this point.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I figured that there was a decent chance I'd be taken out because I claimed, and I had already made it clear I didn't feel great about CWE this game, so I thought if I was taken out, my posts would be looked at, and CWE would get the attention he needs. Also, I considered the possibility that scum knew that a cop was sus of CWE, so they might have bomb protected/trapped anyone who looked at him. I figured my best chance to keep helping our town was to look elsewhere.

I explained why I think the people on ForgottenFuture's train looked clean to me, as the no lynch option was just as much a possibility. Before the yeet occurred, though, I had Mazer and Foxxi both as a little sus because I felt they weren't solving the way they do as town. It wasn't until I realized that both had likely been posting a lot of their solving/prodding in their own neighborhood, and their read on Future was solid.

So my choice of targets was Dreyski, Void/Listo, and Val. I explained that Void/Listo's absense meant they deserved at least a chance to post. Between Dreyski and Val was a coin flip, so I picked and was able to clear Val. And I am glad I survived the night to share that with everyone.

It seems to me there are at least a couple more baddies to find, and process of elimination means it is likely that CWE / Dreyski / Listo are the priorities.

I voted CWE because he is known to tell the truth, and instead of denying he is a threat to town, he says kill him and find out. Dreyski at least gave an appearance at trying to solve and to sus ForgottenFuture, even if he didn't follow up with a vote. I just don't see CWE has done anything to help town. He may be 3rd party with a wincon of having to get yeeted, but I do think he is more of a threat to town than the others at this point.
Why would cwe be more of a threat than anyone else we think might be scum?

Also should mention I'm still very open to the possibility that the entire train was clean, particularly if non or less helpful voters would stand our.

And the scum would have to assume that future, and to a lesser extent me, get attention from any powers that night. That's a loser for scum to play all-out defense on.

Also keep in mind that any scum would have known that future was locked in with Blind Ninja, foxxi, and me. That draw sucked for him. He even said hmso when he died. He says nothing, we basically lock it down. He answers questions, we analyze him to death.

Its been fairly common for scum to throw one of their own under the bus, and that's a situation ripe for it.

So, I give a lot less credit after the first voters.

That said, dreyski lightly sussing future, after being directly asked, and then staying off the train still pings.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Ebwop:should read open to the possibility the entire train WASN'T clean.

And my 3rd paragraph refers to why I think scum may not have been willing to overlay for a non-lynch.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Dreyski(2)-PsychoSoldier, Val the Moofia Boss
PsychoSoldier(1)-Claws
CWE(1)-3puppies

not voting: CWE, MTR, Dreyski, Listo95, DivaSmurf, Mazer, Blind Ninja

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch or no lynch.

d3 deadline

Last edited:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
As someone who worked through it with claws, it didn't feel more sudden than a normal change of mind.

Claws was pretty active. I know he makes joking posts, but he was inquisitive on others. He never seemed set to me, and he talked through it.

I don't see that one more than any other.
I prefer Dreyski right now anyway and would probably go for Listo or Diva before Claws, but situationally, I can't rule Claws out. Especially if any of those people flip town.

I'd probably still put CWE above Claws, too, and just hope that neither MTR or Val are godfathers.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

My thing is appearances are exactly what scum operate on. It's one thing to say something, it's much more of a thing to act on it. Dreyski holding back any actual discussion/vote about Future when he was one of the main topics doesn't really read as town concerned with pushing Future.

CWE has done the kill me and find out thing as town before. In that instance he's actually daring us to something about it. Scum CWE doesn't usually do that unless he's got a bomb or something.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Posted that too early. I was gonna say that Scum CWE tends to have responses that outright avoids the issue and then clams up. Instead, he decided to vote me out of nowhere instead of doing anything to actually help Future or make a change in the wagons.

Like I guess he's not a locktown or whatever but I don't think this is as scummy for him as some seem to be seeing.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

Also should mention I'm still very open to the possibility that the entire train was clean, particularly if non or less helpful voters would stand our.

And the scum would have to assume that future, and to a lesser extent me, get attention from any powers that night. That's a loser for scum to play all-out defense on.

Also keep in mind that any scum would have known that future was locked in with Blind Ninja, foxxi, and me. That draw sucked for him. He even said hmso when he died. He says nothing, we basically lock it down. He answers questions, we analyze him to death.

Its been fairly common for scum to throw one of their own under the bus, and that's a situation ripe for it.

That said, dreyski lightly sussing future, after being directly asked, and then staying off the train still pings.

CWE is not more of a threat than any other suspect, but he's not less of a threat either. If CWE is town, I would have expected some reads on some others, or something that could help town in some way. His "kill me and find out" comment sticks out as scummy far more than his "avenge me" comment makes me lean him town.

I have considered the possibility that the entire ForgottenFuture train was not clean, because scum sacrificing one of their own is common, and I agree that the situation with your neighborhood could have set it up on a silver platter. Future probably told his other team mates to get on board. If there are 4 scum, I don't think all three of them were not on the train, nor do I think more than one of them was on it, because they more easily could have had a no lynch, gotten off a night kill, and come back for more discussion today.

Just like I don't think the neighborhood of you, foxxi, BN and future held more than one scum, that slim possibility remains. So while there remain two of you alive, for those of us NOT in the neighborhood, would you mind sharing here everything that was discussed in the neighborhood? Future presumably shared everything with scum, so if either you or BN was a wolf, and you take the other out, the rest of us would have less insight on the other's thoughts.

Dreyski lightly sussing Future and not voting does ping me, and I am willing to follow you there, but I would like your thoughts on why him over CWE.

Unless someone else can provide deets, I would like to hear from both CWE, and from Dreyski, about why they should be kept alive over the other.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
My thing is appearances are exactly what scum operate on. It's one thing to say something, it's much more of a thing to act on it. Dreyski holding back any actual discussion/vote about Future when he was one of the main topics doesn't really read as town concerned with pushing Future.

CWE has done the kill me and find out thing as town before. In that instance he's actually daring us to something about it. Scum CWE doesn't usually do that unless he's got a bomb or something.

This is helpful.

I would still like to hear from the frog himself, but as a player who always tells the truth, and gets caught because of it, I can see this approach from him preventing us from taking advantage of his play style.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

CWE is not more of a threat than any other suspect, but he's not less of a threat either. If CWE is town, I would have expected some reads on some others, or something that could help town in some way. His "kill me and find out" comment sticks out as scummy far more than his "avenge me" comment makes me lean him town.

I have considered the possibility that the entire ForgottenFuture train was not clean, because scum sacrificing one of their own is common, and I agree that the situation with your neighborhood could have set it up on a silver platter. Future probably told his other team mates to get on board. If there are 4 scum, I don't think all three of them were not on the train, nor do I think more than one of them was on it, because they more easily could have had a no lynch, gotten off a night kill, and come back for more discussion today.

Just like I don't think the neighborhood of you, foxxi, BN and future held more than one scum, that slim possibility remains. So while there remain two of you alive, for those of us NOT in the neighborhood, would you mind sharing here everything that was discussed in the neighborhood? Future presumably shared everything with scum, so if either you or BN was a wolf, and you take the other out, the rest of us would have less insight on the other's thoughts.

Dreyski lightly sussing Future and not voting does ping me, and I am willing to follow you there, but I would like your thoughts on why him over CWE.

3puppies

Lost Wolf

This is helpful. I was thinking he feels like a 3rd party with a get yeeted wincon, but I can understand him adapting his playstyle to avoid people taking advantage of his truthful nature. I hadn't realized he's done this before as town.

I would still like his reads before I change my vote

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Well I had family time and by the time I could re-engage time had run out. Pitfall of 72-hour phases is that I easily lose track of time, otherwise I would happily have voted/hammered.
I’ll post more when I get time this evening.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Only reason i dont add cwe in there is cwe tends to sort himself out

By hanging back and not really contributing? Folks here got all over LDG for not helping. Getting all over Diva for their bagel posts, but tequila is fine?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
By hanging back and not really contributing? Folks here got all over LDG for not helping. Getting all over Diva for their bagel posts, but tequila is fine?
There is a difference in all 3 though.

LDG didnt do anything
Diva had a chance to do things, but decided to fluff instead.
CWE is still contributing, even if at a lower quantity. And the more he does contribute, the easier he will be for anyone to figure out.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

There was a lot of read progression done in there, but also a LOT of discussion. Really too much to go through to post or even recap here. Its why before the night ended we tried to get all 3 of our legacy reads done and posted, so if one of us fell, the other 2 could put it in thread. People sus of claws have been told why the neighbors dont think claws is scum. But if you want specifics, could likely pull that out, but not going to do an EVERYTHING.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay trying to catch up here a bit this morning.

Sucks to lose Foxxi but not surprising. Honestly figured scum would go a different route than 3pups even though he claimed just because probably worried about protections.

So current reads and such for me are this.

Town:
BN
Mazer
3pups
Val
Claws
Me

Leaning town
Diva
Psycho

Neutral
Listo (need to see what he has to add before really can make up my mind)

POE
Dreyski (can't quite put my finger on why he feels scum to me just more gut)
CWE (same thing can't quite put a finger on it but doesn't seem town to me)

I may be off on some stuff but just kind of where I am at. I will keep going through thread and responding to stuff if there is something I want to respond to or add to

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Okay trying to catch up here a bit this morning.

Sucks to lose Foxxi but not surprising. Honestly figured scum would go a different route than 3pups even though he claimed just because probably worried about protections.

So current reads and such for me are this.

Town:
BN
Mazer
3pups
Val
Claws
Me

Leaning town
Diva
Psycho

Neutral
Listo (need to see what he has to add before really can make up my mind)

POE
Dreyski (can't quite put my finger on why he feels scum to me just more gut)
CWE (same thing can't quite put a finger on it but doesn't seem town to me)

I may be off on some stuff but just kind of where I am at. I will keep going through thread and responding to stuff if there is something I want to respond to or add to
Why town for psych?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm not against this.

I do think that we have enough strong town reads that people should expect needing to be get reads out there. I've been a consistent "I won't ask CWE directly" person. But still I would expect if be fair that he gets some rationale out there. I know CWE likes to work under the cover of night, and in a shroud of mystery. But we're kind of moving past that at this point.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Had a head-melting day at work and now my throat's got all scratchy. Fantastic :yes:
Seems most are sus of me because I didn't vote Future, when as I said, time had expired by the time I could get back on. A clear procedural error on my part, but nowhere near as egregious as Virms holding onto the gun (ask the Rajahites about that one), and one that had no bearing on the actual result (I will say I was a little relieved my vote wasn't needed to yeet).

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah bossman, we've a number of confirmed town and clearly my reads are off for some people. Do you really think I believe there's only two scum in this game? :wtf:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Yeah, claws flipping was probably what made the lynch go through. Of the late votes, I like his best

And also this really really really seems like town claws.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yay! I'll (halfway) back.

So, who wants to hear the dumb shit I've been through? My phone has needed an update for a while now. however, my phone is what we might call, well, "shit". Since it won't connect to wifi, and needs wifi for the update. Anyway, it decided to "alllow" me to connect and do the update. Only to immediately freeze half way through, turn off, and as of now...still not turn back on. No big deal., I'll buy a new phone. Nope. The phone place by my house never opened by the time I went to sleep.

I tried to log in to this site last night, however, as I hate passwords, I couldn't remember mine. And since I only check my email from said phone, my email doesn't recognize my laptop and refuses to allow me access until my phone wakes up.

So sadly I will only be able to play when I'm at home as opposed to whenever I want. But that''s fine. Baby steps.

Fingers crossed I can actually buy a fucking phone tomorrow...

:fingersx:

P.S.
I'm posting this as soon as I got back in, so if I'm dead :squint: and :sadwave:

Now to read the the rest of the thread...

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not against this.

I do think that we have enough strong town reads that people should expect needing to be get reads out there. I've been a consistent "I won't ask CWE directly" person. But still I would expect if be fair that he gets some rationale out there. I know CWE likes to work under the cover of night, and in a shroud of mystery. But we're kind of moving past that at this point.
Is Mazer asking me to turn easy mode on?

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Have a drink, CWE. In today's world, we can be legit lost without our phones.

Add me to the list of those who really disliked Dreyski's list.

Let me ask something else to both @Dreyski and @CWE, if you're sober enough to read this.

Instead of each other, who would you sus the most among those that voted for ForgottenFuture, and why?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Have a drink, CWE. In today's world, we can be legit lost without our phones.

Add me to the list of those who really disliked Dreyski's list.

Let me ask something else to both @Dreyski and @CWE, if you're sober enough to read this.

Instead of each other, who would you sus the most among those that voted for ForgottenFuture, and why?
Vote: Listo

Top of my scum list...

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Nothing that has set off alarm bells for me.

Scum post, town post, 3 scum posts, 5 town posts, rinse and repeat.

Standard Dreyski to me.
Does that mean you think he's most likely town or is it a neutral read?

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Can you talk a bit about why CWE? And elaborate some on Listo and Diva?
I'll do you better than that:

Me - I read my rolecard
3pups - outed himself as cop, and no-one counter claimed.
MTR & Val - cleared by 3pups. Either could be godfather, but let's apply Occam's razor for the moment.
Seems I missed BN - sorry bud, I blame the drugs I'm on. Town lean simply for offering to thunderdome himself and LDG. Scum would more likely want her alive.
Claws - Chaotic good - I've talked about my issues reading him, so I have to rely on the opinions of players I respect. IIRC, they were saying 'town claws'.
Mazer - has apparently been breadcrumbing and admitted as much, but I'm too dense to see it. However, the community has given him strong town credibility.

Psycho - Probably down to your flattering comments early game. However, I'm getting the vibe from the others that they don't fully trust you, and as always, you aren't as obviously 'towny' as the others above

Listo - It's just a null read really. Void didn't interact and I'm not sure Listo has
Diva - mainly dropping bagels and liking maths. (joking) But I think Mazer voted him to see who would jump on the wagon and it didn't really get going, and I don't really have a lot to go on

CWE - in one way his typical taciturn truthful self, in another telling us to fuck around and find out. I'm just not seeing the usual CWE town tells (not that we them often, he's usually dead by this point in the game) and that raises my suspicions.

So that's my list. Some of you might hate it, and I admit it has its flaws, but I'm sticking with it until I see evidence to the contrary.
Part of me wants 3pups to be scum godfather clearing his goons while Void/Listo was the real cop. That could be a career defining play.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'll do you better than that:

Me - I read my rolecard
3pups - outed himself as cop, and no-one counter claimed.
MTR & Val - cleared by 3pups. Either could be godfather, but let's apply Occam's razor for the moment.
Seems I missed BN - sorry bud, I blame the drugs I'm on. Town lean simply for offering to thunderdome himself and LDG. Scum would more likely want her alive.
Claws - Chaotic good - I've talked about my issues reading him, so I have to rely on the opinions of players I respect. IIRC, they were saying 'town claws'.
Mazer - has apparently been breadcrumbing and admitted as much, but I'm too dense to see it. However, the community has given him strong town credibility.

Psycho - Probably down to your flattering comments early game. However, I'm getting the vibe from the others that they don't fully trust you, and as always, you aren't as obviously 'towny' as the others above

Listo - It's just a null read really. Void didn't interact and I'm not sure Listo has
Diva - mainly dropping bagels and liking maths. (joking) But I think Mazer voted him to see who would jump on the wagon and it didn't really get going, and I don't really have a lot to go on

CWE - in one way his typical taciturn truthful self, in another telling us to fuck around and find out. I'm just not seeing the usual CWE town tells (not that we them often, he's usually dead by this point in the game) and that raises my suspicions.

So that's my list. Some of you might hate it, and I admit it has its flaws, but I'm sticking with it until I see evidence to the contrary.
Part of me wants 3pups to be scum godfather clearing his goons while Void/Listo was the real cop. That could be a career defining play.
Hmm. Ok. This is decent, though admittedly I'm still not sure it undoes my read on you. Let's assume you're right about CWE. Do you look right at Listo and Diva or does your brain go somewhere else?

Also, do you have any feelings about Diva's posts yesterday? I think if they had any alignment-indicative content, it would be in that batch of posts.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Nothing that has set off alarm bells for me.

Scum post, town post, 3 scum posts, 5 town posts, rinse and repeat.

Standard Dreyski to me.
Can you give me why listo is the top?

It would be impossible to have much of a read on voidkitten, and I'm not sure what Listo has done to change it.

It seems a bit off to me that Listo has done enough to drop him below your standard distrust traits, but maybe I'm missing something.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
CWE(2)-3puppies, Dreyski
Dreyski(1)-PsychoSoldier
PsychoSoldier(1)-Claws
Claws(1)-Val the Moofia Boss
listo95(1)-CWE

not voting: MTR, Listo95, DivaSmurf, Mazer, Blind Ninja

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch or no lynch.

d3 deadline

Last edited:

3puppies

Lost Wolf

I am not only town, even if I had randed scum, I am not nearly that clever. That is an amusing thought, though.

When I saw there would be nothing in the writes up to help town, I immediately realized that town would need to share info to narrow down the suspects. I figured the risks of getting myself targetted would be worth it if it gives town the best chance to victory.

How many threats to town do we think there would be in a game like this? With no write-ups to help town, this is supposed to be a simple game. Does that mean no 3rd party?

We have lost a neighbor, a miller, and a watcher. There are 3 town roles claimed - 2 other neighbors and a cop. Scum lost a neighbor (and who know what other role he may have had), but I doubt Forgotten was also GF in addition to being a neighbor. Is it reasonable to wonder if scum was given a GF in a game without writeups?

Of the common roles in a "simple" game of 15 people, I'd guess that town had 11 people to scum's 4. Town probably has a tracker, a doc and/or a jailer, maybe something else as well. I'd like to ask everyone, as you've all played a lot more than I have, what additional roles are most common in a game of this size. I don't think there's a busdriver in a game without write-ups.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I am not only town, even if I had randed scum, I am not nearly that clever. That is an amusing thought, though.

When I saw there would be nothing in the writes up to help town, I immediately realized that town would need to share info to narrow down the suspects. I figured the risks of getting myself targetted would be worth it if it gives town the best chance to victory.

How many threats to town do we think there would be in a game like this? With no write-ups to help town, this is supposed to be a simple game. Does that mean no 3rd party?

We have lost a neighbor, a miller, and a watcher. There are 3 town roles claimed - 2 other neighbors and a cop. Scum lost a neighbor (and who know what other role he may have had), but I doubt Forgotten was also GF in addition to being a neighbor. Is it reasonable to wonder if scum was given a GF in a game without writeups?

Of the common roles in a "simple" game of 15 people, I'd guess that town had 11 people to scum's 4. Town probably has a tracker, a doc and/or a jailer, maybe something else as well. I'd like to ask everyone, as you've all played a lot more than I have, what additional roles are most common in a game of this size. I don't think there's a busdriver in a game without write-ups.
Just because there's no writeup, it wouldnt limit the use of a busdriver. If there is one, we cant be 100% about your results. While I doubt we have a bus, I also dont think we have a large number of PR. And with a miller (shows guilty/not town) to a cop check, it wouldnt surprise me to see a GF. And had Future been GF, it would have said so. Typically wouldnt be a neighbor and GF. Not to mention we would know after the flip.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
While checking out what you meant by PR ( power roles), I came across the following description of Simple games on https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Simple_Normal

I am more confident now that we don't have a 3rd party, but I am confused a bit about why we got a Miller, as it is not listed. It may have been to try to add balance.

Additionally, that page suggests that most of the players will be Vanilla Townies

Busdriver is not listed as a role in simple games.

Do we agree that we likely have 3 scum left?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Can you give me why listo is the top?

It would be impossible to have much of a read on voidkitten, and I'm not sure what Listo has done to change it.

It seems a bit off to me that Listo has done enough to drop him below your standard distrust traits, but maybe I'm missing something.
The most CWE reason there is. While drinking after finally being able to log in yesterday, I hated his ISO the most.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
While checking out what you meant by PR ( power roles), I came across the following description of Simple games on https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Simple_Normal

I am more confident now that we don't have a 3rd party, but I am confused a bit about why we got a Miller, as it is not listed. It may have been to try to add balance.

Additionally, that page suggests that most of the players will be Vanilla Townies

Honestly, the link pretty much means nothing to me to the overall set up, although I do constantly refer for individual roles.

We do agree on the likely percentages of town/scum. Some of that is based on previous Rock comments in other games.

No forum I'm aware of goes hard by the mafia scum net game set up for their community running games. Rajah write up style is unique enough where even people who come here from different areas call it "rajah style" for the write-ups. You can have role madness, but you still might not get write-ups. Even people who have never done that write-up style are very familiar with busdrivers, even if it's not the near game standard it was on rajah.

I personally am not overly worried about a busdriver, but won't rule it out.

But there's at least enough concern for me to be cautious about letting night actions overrule my own eyes.

Also keep in mind if everyone "reveals their roles", false claiming can be very easy in a game like this.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Allow me to lynyrd skynard this, and be a simple kind of man.

As I've said before, when investigating, I first try to see who I can mentally conviction of being scum (to a reasonable percentage). If I can't get there, I try to convict people of being town.

Role Eliminations etc are considered. General reads and baselinung is factored.

And then, to be even more simple, I ask whether their actions and arguments have hurt the team. And then, can I prove where they've helped?

Theories about teammate bussing come next.

I have a fairly good list of people that fall in my decent percentages of being read (3p) or helped (claws) enough to be probably town.

Once I get down farther, I'm still not moving off my bottom list from yesterday. Which bn, nightie, and I also worked through at night phase.

It's time to consolidate, so I need one more read through

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

2 or 3. If there's a miller in the game, I could see 4 mafia being seen as a bit too much. In a vanilla game, 3 mafia to 15 players is the usual standard. I could see a Godfather being in play with the miller aspect, but that also could have been a way to counter a powerful JOAT/role combo or the neighbors. So 4 scum isn't impossible, but seems a bit unlikely to me.

I also wouldn't rule out a bus driver, but we probably won't know for sure unless one flips or someone's messed with results leads to a bad flip or something

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I still don't have an interest in voting CWE. I could be talked into voting Listo but it feels lame.

But time is running out

Listo95

I finally managed to finish backreading the game. Sadly I have to go into work in like 15mins -.- If I survive the day/night phase I will def get a vote analysis and my thoughts out.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay didn't realize how close to the deadline we were getting to. Been a long week. So yeah we need to make a choice. So guess that means I need to vote.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am going to go Dreyski but willing to switch to CWE if people want to go that way. Both are in my current POE.

Vote: Dreyski

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I could be talked into Dreyski. The problem I have with CWE is that I just don't think he's done anything to help town.

I don't want to vote Listo just yet because I too would like to see that analysis. But Listo has promised analysis before, and failed to provide it when scum. I recognize that Listo just subbed in, and I want to be understanding of that position.

Heck with it. I have a bunch of meetings this afternoon and I don't know how available I will be - I know it will be very little over the coming weekend.

Unvote: Unvote

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I could be talked into Dreyski. The problem I have with CWE is that I just don't think he's done anything to help town.

I don't want to vote Listo just yet because I too would like to see that analysis. But Listo has promised analysis before, and failed to provide it when scum. I recognize that Listo just subbed in, and I want to be understanding of that position.

Heck with it. I have a bunch of meetings this afternoon and I don't know how available I will be - I know it will be very little over the coming weekend.

Unvote: Unvote

He's subbed in, but this has been more then 3 actual days and finally just read the game. Should have been able to get a read and some thoughts out in a 72hr day.

My POE hasnt changed today. Would personally like Psycho over Drey, but willing to go Drey as well.

Vote: Drey

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Goes without saying, Doc should protect Cop today if possible.

@3puppies You should cop check someone that appears in most people's POE. There are 3-4 that are repeated.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
About 3.5hrs left today.

My vote put Drey at L-2. Willing to move it, but want to ensure we get a lynch off.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yes we need to protect the cop and also need to get a yeet off. I am not against changing either if we think there is a better option. We seem to have a few we are bouncing between.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Yes we need to protect the cop and also need to get a yeet off. I am not against changing either if we think there is a better option. We seem to have a few we are bouncing between.
CWE is moving toward my POE, but prefer Psycho and listo over him.

Claws

Mastermind
Was a pretty quick sucession onto dre not that i dislike it but yall come in pretty fast

Top Bottom