Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
jeff sessions keebler elf GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If MTR is scum do you then think it was a play to protect Claws?
Maybe, but I'm not convinced. mtr was probably pretty high on the chopping block. And because of this, if there was an experienced scum on the team, they would absolutely work out a roleclaim with him over the night.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Mazer was HMP Badger last night? Was the accommodation to your liking?
I can find peace even when you prison me.

Iron bars do not a prison make.

But I guess they do make a jail. I had a friend who worked at the jail. He did not like when people confused jails and prisons. I feel like it's a bad time if you are getting mad about that mix-up

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Cookie vendor.

I gave claws a cookie night 1. And cwe last night.

All I know is foxxi says the cookies I give are delicious
Lol. When I ISO'd you I thought you may have been some type of fruit vendor because I kept seeing cookies.

But no one claimed to have gotten a cookie from you if I remember. Maybe someone did and I completely fucking missed it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
There's limitations to my role when it comes to what I can ask, though I put a question through last night and I can confirm that there are indeed VT's present in the game.

I asked that since we're only getting alignment flips and some players have expressed concern that the VT claims could be fake or that every single player is some sort of power role.
Not be pedantic, but was it clear on just vt existing, or did it confirm multiple vt?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Lol. When I ISO'd you I thought you may have been some type of fruit vendor because I kept seeing cookies.

But no one claimed to have gotten a cookie from you if I remember. Maybe someone did and I completely fucking missed it.
Claws asked who gave him a cookie, because foxxi was reminding him.

Listo95

Which one of you dicks gave me a cookie the fox wont stop saying claws you got a cookie

Da spirits found dis for ya.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Living Claims:

Badger - Jailkeeper
N1: VK
N2: Mazer

Blind Ninja - Mason JOAT
N1: No Action
N2: Satsu (Amplify)

Claws - Doctor
N1: ??? (he likely self protected)
N2: ???

Matthieu - Oracle
N1: Hostile to town - 4
N2: Do VTs exist - Yes

MTR - Rolestopper
N1: Rock
N2: Claws

Tildey - Town Backup
N2: Backup Rock (Vanilla Townie)

Val - Rolecop
N1: VK (Schizophrenic)
N2: Claws (No Result)

VoidKitten - Mason JOAT
N2: Satsu (Amplify)

Listo - Psychic
N1: ???
N2: Talk to Rock - Rock is BB

Xan - Dead Role Cop
N2: Rock (VT)

Satsu - VT

Mazer - Cookie Vendor
N1: Claws (confirmed by Claws)
N2: CWE

Dead Claims:

Rock Meets Hard Place - VT (from Tildey, Xanjori, and Listo info)
CWE - VT Neighbor (with Crackle)
Crackle - Claimer? Neighbor (with CWE)
N1: Claimed kill on someone that failed.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Did you ever eat or use the cookie?

I asked foxxi to send a snickerdoodle, but I don't know if she honors cookie type requests.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
All I know is that foxxi says I can give out cookies and they are delicious.

I asked her to send a delicious cookie to my friend claws on n1. I asked if he would be informed of the cookie, and was only told my power works as described. I was intrigued when claws said Foxxi reminded him, because then I wondered what might happen if he did something.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
All I know is that foxxi says I can give out cookies and they are delicious.

I asked her to send a delicious cookie to my friend claws on n1. I asked if he would be informed of the cookie, and was only told my power works as described. I was intrigued when claws said Foxxi reminded him, because then I wondered what might happen if he did something.
Sounds like a standard fruit vendor then yeah.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Well that looks to be everyone's claims.

What stands out obviously are two things:

1. Three protection roles, in a 15 player game, where only one kill has happened per night (and around what I'd expect anyway).
2. Rolecop and DeadRolecop - I don't know if I see these both being on town, unless the point was to give out the info. I can see one being town and one being scum in lieu of a standard cop, which no one has claimed. Additionally with the aspect of a Psychic who could find out the same information. I want to believe Listo is town. I may be blinded here a bit, but I feel the gimmick isn't a scum gimmick.

There is something about Tildey's claim that bugs me, but it may be me trying to pull at things like I did with Crackle's claiming.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I've actually never been in a game with a fruit vendor.
They just give someone an item. It does nothing. Now lets say you claim everyone you gave a cookie to is now your alibi.

Same way you can prove yourself by saying who you are going to give a cookie to and them confirming (assuming no interference).

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Not be pedantic, but was it clear on just vt existing, or did it confirm multiple vt?
Just that the role exists in this game. In hindsight I should have gone with a better question but I submitted it during a migraine so I wasn't thinking straight.

Claws

Mastermind
I did not come back as 3p.

And no thoughts on who could be Mafia? At all?

Vote: Claws
I 3p sk its the same hes a rolecop get over yourself you opptunistic fuck i said mafia is likely some1 lying about thier role

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I 3p sk its the same hes a rolecop get over yourself you opptunistic fuck i said mafia is likely some1 lying about thier role
He’s a rolecop that saw me as Schizophrenic. I’m not the one being opportunistic here. You haven’t said shit except “someone” is lying lol.

Claws

Mastermind
He’s a rolecop that saw me as Schizophrenic. I’m not the one being opportunistic here. You haven’t said shit except “someone” is lying lol.
I Had a thought tho it could be any1. what if thier role is what it is but they are just red or should i just tinfoil harder

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Not me... I had a few shots of tequila in remembrance of drunk CWE

and role that needs to get RNG lucky and 2 people picking same target lucky

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Actually she could use it last night but choce rock instead. Interesting, need to figure out what kind mindset is it.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Actually she could use it last night but choce rock instead. Interesting, need to figure out what kind mindset is it.
I only had a 1x backup. What I got is what I got until the end of the game. No do-overs. As to Crackle, we don’t know that he actually had a shot, only that he was forced to claim to have a shot. And that claim was the reason he got yeeted. I’m not interested in repeating his experience. Additionally, despite being neighbors CWE definitely didn’t trust him. Whether that’s because of things he said to CWE or because of some component to their roles, I wasn’t interested in setting myself up to have to go against CWE either as I felt like that would only hasten me being misyeeted.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
I can find peace even when you prison me.

Iron bars do not a prison make.

But I guess they do make a jail. I had a friend who worked at the jail. He did not like when people confused jails and prisons. I feel like it's a bad time if you are getting mad about that mix-up
Not in the slightest lol.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
*EBWOP not mad in the slightest…

Also placing a placeholder but also not sure about his claim at the moment. Will have to read back, give it some thought but for now…

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Claws, Xanjori, Tildey, and Badger.
I dont think claws and badger fit as scumbudies. They should be able to colectively figure out that mazer was just handing out cookies. There is no point to jail him as scum.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I dont think claws and badger fit as scumbudies. They should be able to colectively figure out that mazer was just handing out cookies. There is no point to jail him as scum.
:yes:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: Claws
Vote: Tildey

Less confident in her claim now.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I only had a 1x backup. What I got is what I got until the end of the game. No do-overs.

Last night, I backed up Rock (hoping to get an action)
You hoped to get a role and you pick Rock, who didn't claim to maybe get something random? Over a claimed cool role that Crackle had?
With only one action charge?

Something is fishy here.

I am going to have a read on Matthieu before day ends, so maybe there is going to be some shift.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Tildey has multiple things wrong with her claim. Just like Xanjori has things wrong with his claim. And so does Listo.

If it were just Tildey, I'd jump all over it. But two people also fall into the same category so the mention of "not having actions" may not be as fishy as I thought.

But, Tildey claimed twice to not have actions. Being able to choose to back up someone is exactly what I'd consider an action. I understand she said she didn't want to be a target though.

That said, she was the first person to claim that Rock was a VT. Which Xanjori and Listo then also agreed to.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I could see scum having a Psychic if that was their way of figuring out who they killed, since no flips. It makes sense why its alignment only.

It also makes sense Xanjori has that role/claim/whatever because again, it makes sense.

I do not think the scum team has both a Psychic and an Exhumer or whatever they are called.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
There also begs the question:

Did Foxxi make two VTs in this game? So 9 power roles and 2 pure VTs for town? Along with a VT neighbor?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I would assume standard 15 game would have 8vts. 5 would be low. So that is the whole joke about it being a standard game. Unless you think there is some another vt fake claiming a role right now. But really?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Dont get me wrong i still think this is a fine set up and i got a cookie without asking because vt is my favourite role.

Nightingale

Administrator
**Void ( 1 )**- Claws(1237),
**Claws ( 1 )** - Void(1300)
**Badger ( 1 )**- Matthieu(1349)
**Tildey ( 2 )**- Badger(1355), Satsu(1356)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Listo, Mazer, MTR, Tildey, Val(1338), Xan,
**current as of post:** 1356

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Tildey has multiple things wrong with her claim. Just like Xanjori has things wrong with his claim. And so does Listo.

If it were just Tildey, I'd jump all over it. But two people also fall into the same category so the mention of "not having actions" may not be as fishy as I thought.

But, Tildey claimed twice to not have actions. Being able to choose to back up someone is exactly what I'd consider an action. I understand she said she didn't want to be a target though.

That said, she was the first person to claim that Rock was a VT. Which Xanjori and Listo then also agreed to.
I guess in hindsight I could have said no usable action the first time but I feel like that would have not helped my goal of not being a target.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
There also begs the question:

Did Foxxi make two VTs in this game? So 9 power roles and 2 pure VTs for town? Along with a VT neighbor?
I have no idea what a typical setup would look like. But if you’re counting my role as a power role and you think 2 VT’s is not likely then that means Satsu is the one lying because Rock was definitely VT.

Which would mean he was right in his D1 vote and I was right in my guess that he was the N1 target because scum wanted to silence him and that I should have left my vote on Satsu instead of switching to Crackle.

Vote: Satsu

Listo95

Of the three, I'd believe Listo the most. I don't see scum Listo gimmicking like this.

Psychic is also a role Foxxi was proud of bringing into our MMO games and she always tweaks it to find a workable way she likes the role.
Madame Listo not be understandin what ya mean by “gimmick”. Dis be how Madame Listo lives.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
*EBWOP not mad in the slightest…

Also placing a placeholder but also not sure about his claim at the moment. Will have to read back, give it some thought but for now…

That was just me jok
You hoped to get a role and you pick Rock, who didn't claim to maybe get something random? Over a claimed cool role that Crackle had?
With only one action charge?

Something is fishy here.

I am going to have a read on Matthieu before day ends, so maybe there is going to be some shift.
Does that make her more suspicious or less?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

This is interesting

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry super busy Saturday, will be more active tomorrow.

But Im confused how VK can even pretend theres something wrong with my claim? In a game with no reveals on flips a Medical Examiner is a perfectly common role. At this point you're reaching so hard its becoming pretty outting

Vote: VoidKitten

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

But Im confused how VK can even pretend theres something wrong with my claim? In a game with no reveals on flips a Medical Examiner is a perfectly common role. At this point you're reaching so hard its becoming pretty outting

I dont a reason to doubt that it is your role. but the role itself works well both as town and scum role.

Who do you think VK is? mafia? Would he be with BN then or he is just playing him? VK doesnt fit as mafia for me right now. :<

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
btw Mazer, since Claws is such a scaredy cat could you give me a cookie tonight? I will eat it!

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I dont a reason to doubt that it is your role. but the role itself works well both as town and scum role.

Who do you think VK is? mafia? Would he be with BN then or he is just playing him? VK doesnt fit as mafia for me right now. :<
I think he could easily be SK or mafia, the fact VK is showing no paranoia at all around BN is something thats really getting to me. Whenever Ive been masoned or neighboured with someone Ive always been super paranoid theyre the opposite faction to me but VK is showing known of that

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah if it is an sk game then vk bn mazer would fit the best if it is a 4 player mafia team vk wouldnt be my first pick to be in it.

Lets hope it gets easier when first scum puzzle piece falls.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

This is so contrived lmao.

I literally said your ability is something that I would believe would be in this game. There is just no proof its town or scum.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think he could easily be SK or mafia, the fact VK is showing no paranoia at all around BN is something thats really getting to me. Whenever Ive been masoned or neighboured with someone Ive always been super paranoid theyre the opposite faction to me but VK is showing known of that
You should really google the difference between NEIGHBORS like we were in the fae game and I was worried about you the whole time. And MASONS who always share the same alignment :p

Unless you think Foxxi is lying about the modifier of my card saying Mason

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
All that said, I made a mistake when saying there was something wrong with all three claims. I had forgotten Rock died during N1 and not at the EoD. I had thought it strange that three roles could interact with the dead and didn't choose to do so on N1. But there was no death on N1.

Tildey choosing Rock over Crackle is something. I can see Xan choosing Rock over Crackle based on the game. Listo choosing Rock over Crackle is interesting, after Crackle's claim.

Claws

Mastermind
You should really google the difference between NEIGHBORS like we were in the fae game and I was worried about you the whole time. And MASONS who always share the same alignment :p

Unless you think Foxxi is lying about the modifier of my card saying Mason
I mean mason could just be scum chat

Claws

Mastermind
Being canadian thanksgiving and 3 dinners im supposed to go to you all can suck my drumstick and down with vk!

Listo95

All that said, I made a mistake when saying there was something wrong with all three claims. I had forgotten Rock died during N1 and not at the EoD. I had thought it strange that three roles could interact with the dead and didn't choose to do so on N1. But there was no death on N1.

Tildey choosing Rock over Crackle is something. I can see Xan choosing Rock over Crackle based on the game. Listo choosing Rock over Crackle is interesting, after Crackle's claim.
Well Madame Listo went for da Rocky one due to da fact dere was no info on what he be.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
You know Masons are typically the same alignment. Neighbors can be either. This is why there was more concern about the CWE/Crackle pair then the pair on Void and myself. Its not like you to have this kind of misunderstanding about roles we've seen before.

Claws

Mastermind
You know Masons are typically the same alignment. Neighbors can be either. This is why there was more concern about the CWE/Crackle pair then the pair on Void and myself. Its not like you to have this kind of misunderstanding about roles we've seen before.
Being same alignment doesnt mean town its a typically town however it can be a mason of 3p or mafia its a role that can be any align

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Being same alignment doesnt mean town its a typically town however it can be a mason of 3p or mafia its a role that can be any align
Thats a fair take, but he seems to think we are different alignment as a mason. Thats the point I was making about not knowing roles. I know what my card says and im town. So I trust void completely based on that and how our role works.

Claws

Mastermind
Thats a fair take, but he seems to think we are different alignment as a mason. Thats the point I was making about not knowing roles. I know what my card says and im town. So I trust void completely based on that and how our role works.
That i agree it cant be different you both would be same which at that point idk what to think til we get 1 flip in the case one of you do do you just gain the abuility to act on your own? I know you have to agree right meow on a target

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
That i agree it cant be different you both would be same which at that point idk what to think til we get 1 flip in the case one of you do do you just gain the abuility to act on your own? I know you have to agree right meow on a target
That isnt listed on the card, so something would likely shift if or when 1 of us go over.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay sorry for not being around. Not going to be around today either. Traveling.

So I think mazer asked me about satsu and Tildey. I tend to believe Tildey at this point even though looks like void is questioning things. Leaning on believing satsu as well.

So of course that leaves me in a spot to try to vote because trying to figure out who are the liars here.

Starting to question claws but no one is claiming doc and want to believe we have one. So backing off that.

Don’t know what to do so going to think about it and make a point of coming back to vote. Not doing all the driving so can get back on to vote

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Neither of you are in my first or second priority group. But because I don't want to assume foxci won't just so what she wants, I don't think things gets a pass if it gets wonky.

Particularly not interesting things

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Tildey and xan are interesting for me right now.

Xan might even be most.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If both Tildey and Xan are town, then I am fucking awful at this game. But I do not see a world where both of them are town.

I almost want to believe Tildey because she was the first person who said Rock was a VT. Her claim about not having actions aside currently, I am trying to figure out how she would know. I can see what Satsu said with Xan telling her and then him coming in after with the stole my thunder thing, but did the scum team need to do that?

I think there is definitely a scum between Tildey and Xan. Possibly both.

I have disliked Xan today with his recent comments and completely misunderstanding what I had said, especially when I started it off multiple times saying he said waht I thought he was going to say and wondered if it existed, before he even claimed fully.

I would prefer Xan, but with 6 hours left I don't see us getting to 7 on Xan.

Top Bottom