Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Madame Listo called upon da spirit of da Crackle one last night. Da spirit say da dead be very sus of Mazer, Satsu, Tildey, and me. Madame Listo believes da Xan one be suspect. Da CWE spirit also be callin all o town dumb.

Vote: Xanjori
I am not surprised CWE is calling us dumb

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
For the record I would not have switched to Badger yesterday. I was pretty sure he was town.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Because the real question is, why arent you surprised we've got a confirmed SK?

Why arent you examining people like Satsu and Tildey who have the least confirmable claims?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Look at the last page, Matt also just stated there is a 3P who is seperate from mafia.

Look at who died at night.

Literally everything matches what I just told you
Yes, but you are literally regurgitating information that has already been mentioned in the thread before.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
An Alien is a similar role (which is also Normal), blocking its target and protecting its target from actions (not just kills). This variant has rarely been called "Jailkeeper" in the past, but nowadays has a different name.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yes, but you are literally regurgitating information that has already been mentioned in the thread before.
Matt posted before me, but I posted my info as soon as I got here. His info just confirms mine to be true.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Right. I get that.

How does it prove you are town?
It doesnt. But it proves you're an SK because you literally already knew one was in the game, youve not changed tact or batted an eye-lid at one being confirmed

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It doesnt. But it proves you're an SK because you literally already knew one was in the game, youve not changed tact or batted an eye-lid at one being confirmed
Val literally called me a Schizo SK on D2 that was edited to just Schizo.

I have consistently said the makeup is 3 scum and 1 3p or 4 scum.

Matthieu said it is at least 1 3p. So unless you think this game started with a duo of SK and 2 scum only, then I am not a SK

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Why arent you examining people like Satsu and Tildey who have the least confirmable claims?
I have a super confirmable claim unless you think there is a mafia role called vanilla town. Like there was a town role called serial killer like crackle said :lol:

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I have a super confirmable claim unless you think there is a mafia role called vanilla town. Like there was a town role called serial killer like crackle said :lol:
Has Val role copped you and confirmed this?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Although Psychic SK just reminds me of being Thanos, so you know, maybe not Listo lol

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Why Mazer?
His role. I need to ISO him to be sure, but I am pretty sure he talked about "town roles not necessarily being town" and that we shouldn't expect them to be as we'd think. The yesterday when discussing his role he acted like "why would you think cookie vendor is a scum role?" and then started talking about which roles were more likely town vs scum.

But maybe that was someone else early on. I have to look.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Also, lets be real. The scum team giving out COOKIES instead of fruit likee they normally are?

I like that in my headcanon even more.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Wait duh. Let's look back at D1. Didn't we try to run up Claws and it failed right at the end because of his claim?

Who wasn't on the train and who jumped off quickly?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Little less than an hour remains in day one

**Matthieu ( 1 )**- Badger (9)
**Void ( 3 )**- Claws (140), Crackle (236), Val (535)
**Claws ( 6 )**- Xanjori (245), Void (258), Matthieu (270), Mazer (345), MTR (455), BN (610)
**BN ( 3 )** - CWE (289), Tildey (296), Rock (412)
**Rock ( 2)** - Listo (299), Satsu (336),

Not Voting:
Ended up as

Matthieu ( 1 )- Badger (9)
Void ( 2 )- Crackle (236), Val (535)
Claws ( 3 )- Xanjori (245), Mazer (345), MTR (455),
BN ( 2 )- CWE (289), Tildey (296
)Rock ( 2)- Listo (299), Satsu (336),
Sleep ( 1 )- Matthieu (645)
Satsu ( 4 )- Rock (658), Void (659), Claws (664), BN (669)

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Count right before Claws cat gif to claim:

**Matthieu ( 1 )**- Badger (9)
**Void ( 3 )**- Claws (140), Crackle (236), Val (535)
**Claws ( 6 )**- Xanjori (245), Void (258), Matthieu (270), Mazer (345), MTR (455), BN (610)
**BN ( 3 )** - CWE (289), Tildey (296), Rock (412)
**Rock ( 2)**
- Listo (299), Satsu (336),

Not Voting:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Cos Claws claims doctor and then jumps on Satsu? I was asleep so I dunno how many of you were awake, but it seems unlikely he'd put a partner at risk?
Rock and I jumped off first and then Claws did.

Claws claimed with 51 minutes left in the day (technically before with a Dre gif I missed.

Rock voted Satsu (to 1) with 17 minutes left and Claws voted 4 minutes after that. So he voted with 13 minutes to secure 5 other votes on top of his :D

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Madame Listo called upon da spirit of da Crackle one last night. Da spirit say da dead be very sus of Mazer, Satsu, Tildey, and me. Madame Listo believes da Xan one be suspect. Da CWE spirit also be callin all o town dumb.

Vote: Xanjori

....@cwe you are just the worst on these.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Why are you so confidently believing Listo?
Meta read. I do not see Listo gimmicking as scum. I have been scum with him. I have been scum against him. He freezes.

Unless Listo did a dramatic shift in how he plays Mafia, I am not worried about him.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think someboooddy did a thing to me last night.

And we know Badger is dead.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I am. I swapped between him and Claws 3 times on my read list swapping between neutral and scum.

His flip actually hurt me a bit. Shoulda gone with my initial reads

And then there was the quick jump on after wagons for tildey and xan stalling.

Because Badger was "not here" and "flitting in and out". That shouldn't be enough for a no questions asked wave.

So......that lynch frustrated me.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I am. I swapped between him and Claws 3 times on my read list swapping between neutral and scum.

His flip actually hurt me a bit. Shoulda gone with my initial reads
If this man backs away from xan AND tildey again ......let's all be safe out there.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Which is why I didn't get the cookie I sent myself I guess. I'm not as convinced as VK they do nothing.
That is interesting that you were even allowed to self target that. Though I guess no harm.

The cookies I really doubt do anything. It would be stated unless this game was bastardized, which we have seen no real proof of.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Which is why I didn't get the cookie I sent myself I guess. I'm not as convinced as VK they do nothing.
Interesting that you were able to self target. I am also on the fence on whether or not they do anything

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
His role. I need to ISO him to be sure, but I am pretty sure he talked about "town roles not necessarily being town" and that we shouldn't expect them to be as we'd think. The yesterday when discussing his role he acted like "why would you think cookie vendor is a scum role?" and then started talking about which roles were more likely town vs scum.

But maybe that was someone else early on. I have to look.
I can help here. I made that point I believe right after the role cop claim. In flagbearer, cwe was ready to use a role cop to false claim. As I mentioned, because on Rajah we condition ourselves to look at role identification as an "end", I wanted to point out to be careful not to start "oh he has a town role", he must be good.

My point with Badger et al was to consider how it would actually help a scum team.

Fruit wouldn't. Although admittedly, i am now curious about whether Foxxi hid something.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That is interesting that you were even allowed to self target that. Though I guess no harm.

The cookies I really doubt do anything. It would be stated unless this game was bastardized, which we have seen no real proof of.
That would be the main guess, my only clue otherwise is foxxi reminding claws he had a cookie.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That would be the main guess, my only clue otherwise is foxxi reminding claws he had a cookie.
With Claws flipping scum, that could just be posturing.

It also actually makes you look better in hindsight, unless it was scum theater, but your reaction to Claws felt genuine.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Mazer....Mazer I have some big problems with currently.
Sometimes I feel like you want the big moment vs. taking the w.

Although I admit this is now causing me some level of doubt. Including the way Xan and claws tried to fish yesterday, and now you're coming in ho. But my top 2 are not waivering on Xan and Tildey. I would hope that Blind Ninja would say something if there's suss things in the chat.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Coming in hot. lol.

Coming in ho would have been more entertaining.

But apparently you were walking back as I typed....so.....
Confused Harry Potter GIF

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Coming in hot. lol.

Coming in ho would have been more entertaining.

But apparently you were walking back as I typed....so.....
Confused Harry Potter GIF
I always walk back when I actually think of something.

If you haven't noticed, I play mafia on snap gut reads and how posts make me feel.

Excellent gif choice.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think there was some rationale, albeit one I do not like, to the end of the day votes yesterday. And I feel very good about Listo.

I'm curious on who moved quickly after void brought up Badger, and whether there's any intersection with suss d1 votes.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think there was some rationale, albeit one I do not like, to the end of the day votes yesterday. And I feel very good about Listo.

I'm curious on who moved quickly after void brought up Badger, and whether there's any intersection with suss d1 votes.
Xan brought up Badger and Claws agreed if I remember correctly.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I do think that it's plausible for there to be a lot of investigative roles in a game with no write-ups. Has there ever been a game with a scum aligned medical examiner? It strikes me as inevitably town on the basis that the scum team aren't generally going to want to waste time finding out what a slain town role happened to be as opposed to finding out what a living town player is.

Listo95

I do think that it's plausible for there to be a lot of investigative roles in a game with no write-ups. Has there ever been a game with a scum aligned medical examiner? It strikes me as inevitably town on the basis that the scum team aren't generally going to want to waste time finding out what a slain town role happened to be as opposed to finding out what a living town player is.
Da spirits be sayin every role in da game can be eitha faction. Da VT be a basic toon if dey evil.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
He is apparently a medical examiner with two actions at night that tells him different things.

Do you have two night actions? Does anyone?

Top Bottom