Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I always find Claws to be sus... Dont really see him being mislynched often. Can usually wiggle his way out.
I think he's better at wiggling his way out things when he's actually scum. I've seen him take the long break on times when he was town. Hell, scum mazer......might have done that to him a few times.

If not vk, do you have a lean for the other trains?

My thinking on vk is that I have at least one reason to expect he might not be scum. it's not something I'm going to get married to, but it keeps day 1 from approaching a good shot for me.

So, I'm thinking where else I want to apply pressure

Nightingale

Administrator
About 8 hours remain in day one

**Matthieu ( 1 )**- Badger (9)
**Void ( 3 )**- Claws (140), Crackle (236), Rock (254)
**Xan ( 1 )**- Val (230),
**Claws ( 3 )**- Xanjori (245), Void (258), Matthieu (270)
**BN ( 2 )** - CWE (289), Tildey (296)
**Rock ( 1 )** - Listo (299)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja (62), Mazer, MTR, Satsu,

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The not voting sleep early was strange for Matt. BN’s been asking questions towards the game set-up. Could be looking busy but haven’t seen particularly off so far.
I'm willing to hear out from some people who have more experience on MMOC with him, but him not going right there in a vanilla game doesn't feel as crazy as it was made to be.

But I could be thinking more in terms of the games I've run.

Let's get some of his older co-workers in here.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I'm willing to hear out from some people who have more experience on MMOC with him, but him not going right there in a vanilla game doesn't feel as crazy as it was made to be.

I legit cannot remember if Matthieu voted sleep in our normal games. I want to say no? I feel like we always attempted to yeet someone D1 or failed miserably due to majority not being hit.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
My thinking on vk is that I have at least one reason to expect he might not be scum. it's not something I'm going to get married to, but it keeps day 1 from approaching a good shot for me.
If it is for the reason I have already stated and for whatever reason you are the only person to believe me, thank fucking god someone understands me.

Zero chance, if given the shot, would I choose scum

Listo95

If it is for the reason I have already stated and for whatever reason you are the only person to believe me, thank fucking god someone understands me.

Da spirits say otherwise.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

I think BN Xan setup debate was weird. Like BN didn't like that those games are supposed to hold same standard as mafia championship game? And have more scum in it? I don't know why it would worry him. Unless he is disgruntled scum and it really is 12/3. Pinged me a bit but it is a gutsy.

if you want to know about Matthieu ask me on d3. I am great Matthieu reader. i will be right for sure.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would expect the scum team has 3 players. It's where my mind is right now. Let's see how much that actually holds up.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

There might be a reason some don't.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think BN Xan setup debate was weird. Like BN didn't like that those games are supposed to hold same standard as mafia championship game? And have more scum in it? I don't know why it would worry him. Unless he is disgruntled scum and it really is 12/3. Pinged me a bit but it is a gutsy.

if you want to know about Matthieu ask me on d3. I am great Matthieu reader. i will be right for sure.
This is a generous offer.

I am assigning temporarily suss status to the matt and void trains.

Please adjust your TPS report cover sheets accordingly.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

I want Day 2 to be you actually being the manager getting all of this work and berating your employees.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I want Day 2 to be you actually being the manager getting all of this work and berating your employees.
And I want a consolidation of trains and a golden toilet.

Let's hope between the two of us, we can get AT LEAST one of those 3 things.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And I want a consolidation of trains and a golden toilet.

Let's hope between the two of us, we can get AT LEAST one of those 3 things.
I am content with my consolidation of Claws.

But ill be around most rest of today for thoughts and to help hammer, as long as it isn't someone I am not yeeting today.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And for the record, Claws is not because he voted on him. That is par for the course.

The reasoning, which he and i talked at length about last game, felt like he was trying to turn that into a vote. Whether its agenda or would just be funny to see me misyeeted, unsure.

I also dislike that he shot down my reasoning. Meta reason or not, I don't do giant big lies to win. He knows this. He just was scum with me. He didn't even consider it, unlike Mazer did.

That being said, I didn't hate his reaction to being voted upon. I'm curious to see how it is if he took the lead and was actually possibly being yeeted.

Mazer may be pocketing me. It's fine. I accept it for now. I don't hate Satsu or BN currently. Matthieu also feels fine.

Crackle, I am not sure. I lean town just because idk if he is scum and comes in hot and heavy at me. Sure, he had the cover of threatening to do it, but eh. I really don't hate it.

I really should read some more people.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And for the record, Claws is not because he voted on him. That is par for the course.

The reasoning, which he and i talked at length about last game, felt like he was trying to turn that into a vote. Whether its agenda or would just be funny to see me misyeeted, unsure.

I also dislike that he shot down my reasoning. Meta reason or not, I don't do giant big lies to win. He knows this. He just was scum with me. He didn't even consider it, unlike Mazer did.

That being said, I didn't hate his reaction to being voted upon. I'm curious to see how it is if he took the lead and was actually possibly being yeeted.

Mazer may be pocketing me. It's fine. I accept it for now. I don't hate Satsu or BN currently. Matthieu also feels fine.

Crackle, I am not sure. I lean town just because idk if he is scum and comes in hot and heavy at me. Sure, he had the cover of threatening to do it, but eh. I really don't hate it.

Why wouldn't you do big lies to win?

You're not cwe.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What was the case on VK? That he lied he isnt going to flip red?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Would he have a say in it? is that what rule 8 was about?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean there is no way in a world he would know what colour he would flip right? i dont know what coulour I am. i guess blue or green but I could be red just as much. it is a Foxxi game ;P

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Would he have a say in it? is that what rule 8 was about?
If you offered Foxxi a cookie, I assume everyone got to pick their preferred alignment.

My argument is I would not choose scum if given a choice. For a multitude of reasons.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
usually green=town, red=mafia and this site uses yellow for 3rd party, and even in rolemadness we've followed that pattern so I so no reason that wouldn't apply here.

I'm not a big fan of the "its a foxxi game!" explanation for why this could be a crazy setup

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Explain what the temporary suss status means

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
usually green=town, red=mafia and this site uses yellow for 3rd party, and even in rolemadness we've followed that pattern so I so no reason that wouldn't apply here.

I'm not a big fan of the "its a foxxi game!" explanation for why this could be a crazy setup
I don't think it is a crazy setup at all. I think its probably one of our less crazy setups especially with only 15 players and a quickly created game.

I'd assume its pretty standard.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Kinda agreeing, isnt this meant to be a bit more of a "normal" game rather than going crazy?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If you offered Foxxi a cookie, I assume everyone got to pick their preferred alignment.

My argument is I would not choose scum if given a choice. For a multitude of reasons.
I saw the rule didnt go for it. I would pick town too. Thanks for sharing

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I dont feel like our games follow the MU championship and/or their mountainous setups. Hell, we did vanilla games before joining MU (occasionally). Felt we were more in the 30% scum range.

People have differing opinions on the setup is all it is.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I think Matt/Grae got into the d1 sleep once we merged with Rajah. Our typical D1s were lynch the cop/doc or no reaching majority. I wouldnt read into Matt not voting sleep for this game style.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I think Matt/Grae got into the d1 sleep once we merged with Rajah. Our typical D1s were lynch the cop/doc or no reaching majority. I wouldnt read into Matt not voting sleep for this game style.
Also Im kinda agreeing with this, my vote was a joke but its started conversation at least and honestly Grae's reaction felt more like a towny reaction than a wolfy one, so I wouldnt vote that way for now

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Explain what the temporary suss status means
Right now, I think these trains are suss.

Because it's day 1 and these are guts, it's important to remain flexible in thinking.

Also because If I die, I don't want anyone saying I was a lock on anyone

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I feel like I've killed Blind Ninja on d1 more recently.

That does move him down the seniority board.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm back and forth, but I might not be available at day's end.

When in doubt, go work on the line with the crew you trust the most.

Vote: claws

For now....

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Id look at Claws and Rock... but its because I find the sus all the time. Or Tildey or is sheeping a vote and not contributing
Do you think Rock is a better choice over Crackle, assuming Claws wasn't in the equation.

I tend to give Tildey at least an initial pass since it is a new style of game.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Right now, I think these trains are suss.

Because it's day 1 and these are guts, it's important to remain flexible in thinking.

Also because If I die, I don't want anyone saying I was a lock on anyone
Do you find the people on them sus or just the fact that they exist?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think Claws is a miss but i am a terrible d1 player. Cant deny Claws could pick scum if he had a choice but i dont see Claws as soneone bothering to check the rules :lol:

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also I may not be able to go all the way until EOD today, 3am may be just past my bedtime

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think Claws is a miss but i am a terrible d1 player. Cant deny Claws could pick scum if he had a choice but i dont see Claws as soneone bothering to check the rules :lol:
I do not think for a second that Claws chose his alignment, no.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Imma level I didnt know you could try bribe Foxxi for your alignment and I spent a whole page wondering why the fuck the discussion was relevant

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Imma level I didnt know you could try bribe Foxxi for your alignment and I spent a whole page wondering why the fuck the discussion was relevant
I also believe this.

I honestly expect most people didn't actually bribe Foxxi. I really am curious the statistics after the game.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
this. That's really dumb though. I'm still ok with a Void flip since he'd vote me. lol BN and Satsu are prob mafia though.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Reasons for either?
Reasons I don't want to for the others mainly. Matthieu seems fine. You amuse me. No issues with BN. I know what I am.

I already explained Claws and why I would be willing to vote for him, mainly with his push around me. Rock would be the only other name, with votes, I'd pick to get a flip.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I would guess that town would be way more popular, and she ended up randing scum

It would also have been people active and checking discord on Friday.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I expect there is at least one scum in the three votes on me. It typically always ends up that way when I get early votes and I'm not actually scum.

And now i am realizing that is probably just the law.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would guess that town would be way more popular, and she ended up randing scum

It would also have been people active and checking discord on Friday.
I would assume she waited a decent amount of time for those she offered it too, especially since it was in the signup post.

I wouldn't go too into meta reading who or would not have. I am saying no more than 5 people offered a cookie, if i had to guess.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Why not? From what I heard about Foxxi games that this is valid. I have to played a game she has run so I am going with the flow and relying on others that have played her stuff before to lead the way a little bit.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I thought you had to ask for a cookie not offer a cookie. Did I read that wrong?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: rock

I am sure this will change though but wanted to get a vote on the board

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I think "abbi's law" (I think that's what psycho called it) is likely a fallacy, I highly doubt that every single first wagon is either on scum or contains scum in the first 3 votes

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think "abbi's law" (I think that's what psycho called it) is likely a fallacy, I highly doubt that every single first wagon is either on scum or contains scum in the first 3 votes
I always assumed this before I even knew what abbis law was. I typically always get a scum voting on me early, from what I recall.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I did explain this last game too, over a sample of 100 games the maths came out:

47% of the time it contained 1 wolf
20% of the time it contained 2 wolves.

I forgot the rest of the stats after that. But realistically its just statistics, any group of 3 in the standard MU setup's has like a 75% chance to contain a wolf

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
also don't really like MTR moseying onto a mislynch wagon so if I were to get the chop today you should be voting between void, BN, Satsu and MTR tomorrow

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Do you think Rock is a better choice over Crackle, assuming Claws wasn't in the equation.

I tend to give Tildey at least an initial pass since it is a new style of game.
I mean... Crackle doesnt rub me wrong yet... so if claws was completely out, id go rock

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I did explain this last game too, over a sample of 100 games the maths came out:

47% of the time it contained 1 wolf
20% of the time it contained 2 wolves.

I forgot the rest of the stats after that. But realistically its just statistics, any group of 3 in the standard MU setup's has like a 75% chance to contain a wolf
It does not seem like groundbreaking probability

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I did something with a cookie. That's all you need to know.
I know its Foxxy so most likely a plastic cookie but it doesnt mean you have to....

Ok setting an alarm to 2.30 am. Not a bedtime baby like Xan.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I expect there is at least one scum in the three votes on me. It typically always ends up that way when I get early votes and I'm not actually scum.

And now i am realizing that is probably just the law.
Thought the law only applied to the 1st person to get 3 votes. and That would have been Matt within the 1st 10-15 posts after game started

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
also don't really like MTR moseying onto a mislynch wagon so if I were to get the chop today you should be voting between void, BN, Satsu and MTR tomorrow
Already said pretty good chance I am moving.

As long as I am around anyway but don't want day to end without me having a vote. Just randomly picked someone that had votes on them to start.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
in fairness, I voted you and void before either of you said anything about voting me. So I think claiming that I'm ONLY going after people that have voted me/expressed desire to vote me is a gross interpretation. I think Satsu is prob informed and knows that Claws is a miss and his reason for voting me is pretty shady, likewise MTR doesn't get a free pass.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
my agenda is to lynch scum. I gave an actual reason why I suspected you. If you were so concerned about it why then did you never say anything about it until I got waggoned?

Claws

Mastermind

Speaking of agenda ive never had one in my life i wing everything

Claws

Mastermind
If we wanna speak statistics xans scum to town ratio is hard tipping

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
in fairness, I voted you and void before either of you said anything about voting me. So I think claiming that I'm ONLY going after people that have voted me/expressed desire to vote me is a gross interpretation. I think Satsu is prob informed and knows that Claws is a miss and his reason for voting me is pretty shady, likewise MTR doesn't get a free pass.
I'm not turning this post into HR

Claws

Mastermind
I am sure this will change though but wanted to get a vote on the board
When you do this it reminds me of previous scum team ups with you where this is your way not to hard commit and yet be on the board:sherlock:

Claws

Mastermind
You ever notice that vk with mtr he pulls that card when hes scum alot

Top Bottom