Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 8: The Palate Cleanser

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
im a lil confused on your claim so straighten me out do you and bn pick or do you and your target pick (your more then just a mason) assuming you get one also if your target decides to ignore you do you just get to submit a mason could be
We both pick a target at night. If it matches, the action goes off. Action is rolled randomly from a list of 1x actions and that is performed on the target.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You submied xan and bn submited badger so there was no match and nothing happened?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm willing to give Void the benefit of the doubt for a number of reasons:

- I looked up the role on the mafia wiki and it's legit.
- Void correctly deduced my role before he claimed, so he's aware that there's rare/unusual roles present in this game.
- Blind coming out to defend him reinforces his claim.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
*raises hand to ask a question*

I’ve seen a couple of posts about scum having x number of fake claims to use. What does that mean/how would that work?

Not being used to this type of game & trying to follow along feels like learning to speak Spanish but then going to visit Italy. Some of its close enough for me to figure out but other parts leave me lost & confused.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
*raises hand to ask a question*

I’ve seen a couple of posts about scum having x number of fake claims to use. What does that mean/how would that work?

Not being used to this type of game & trying to follow along feels like learning to speak Spanish but then going to visit Italy. Some of its close enough for me to figure out but other parts leave me lost & confused.
A scum doctor can claim doctor. Or as Mazer said, 1 game I was a role cop as scum and was prepared to claim cop. Or just saying you are a roleblocker. But you are SCUM roleblocker.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It would mean scum has a list of roles that town surely dosnt have. And they can claim it and wont be counterclaimed on that role

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Need to make a vote
Vote: Tildey
Temporary vote ofc. I can even claim.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Matt is almost lock town with his info, I cant see an oracle being either scum sided or just revealing that info to the thread if a scum roll.

Claws being alive still isnt unusual...yet, pretty normal to doc dodge with NKs.

Im undecided on Val and what his role means and how its most likely aligned, but I am curious as to why he didnt try confirm claws.
A standard doc dodge isn't the question.

The kill overcoming a claimed block is.

Assuming that there are limited strongman kills....why would you aim a strongman on rock....with a claimed doc.....on n1?

The other option is false claim.

Listo95

A standard doc dodge isn't the question.

The kill overcoming a claimed block is.

Assuming that there are limited strongman kills....why would you aim a strongman on rock....with a claimed doc.....on n1?

The other option is false claim.
Da spirits tell Madame Listo dat a certain role bein' around would cause da kill to go off also.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Please consult the spirits if i am right this time on crackle. Because on d3 i need to tell mazer if matthieu is town.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Da spirits tell Madame Listo dat a certain role bein' around would cause da kill to go off also.
Oh if there was a roleblock aimed at him, it would have stopped any protection on Rock. I can see what you are thinking.

I guess another ability could account for it too.

Claws

Mastermind
Badger rb comfirmed. vk just a bastard sk. crackle scum of the earth?
top hat cat GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
To be fair this is not uncommon of you even if the flip does prove you wrong. ;)
200.gif

You have claimed an easy role to false claim, and you have used derp clears before (in games with bigger teams).

There's nothing out of your practice to clear me at this point.

And I haven't really pressed you yet.

Although I was 10% more skeptical before blind ninja's claim.

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Is cookie evil slang for a knife in the back?
:squint:
How dare you sir?

1. I would never besmirch cookies.
2. I kill from the front.

I have lots of other evil slang that I use while keeping desserts and Reacher references sacred.

Claws

Mastermind
So your thinkin vk is town except he is a mason with kills that doesnt sound very towny to me

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If crackle is sk than vk bn have to be town town right?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
For those of you that weren't there...this was rhe origin story of CWE vs Caito.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am starting to believe vk when he said he wasnt red

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well, I think it makes the most sense. I don't think there's any reason for Foxxi to remove "sk" from a rolecop unless it was an error. And he has Blind Ninja. The main other option would be that they are both scum, and Blind Ninja is something else and covering for him. But that seems like a stretch and schizophrenic seems like a weird scum role.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
How dare you sir?

1. I would never besmirch cookies.
2. I kill from the front.

I have lots of other evil slang that I use while keeping desserts and Reacher references sacred.
Awfully defensive for an innocent question.
:sherlock:

I kid I kid. I'm watching you.
:shifty:

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
200.gif

You have claimed an easy role to false claim, and you have used derp clears before (in games with bigger teams).

There's nothing out of your practice to clear me at this point.

And I haven't really pressed you yet.

Although I was 10% more skeptical before blind ninja's claim.

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF
Claiming not to have checked the rules isn’t in my scum MO though. Literally didn’t check them and realise a hammer was needed as most mod rules are basically the same. This is my first Foxxi game so no idea she was big on majority yeet (which I know now).

I was specific with my claim, who I targeted and what the results were. At least give that food for thought if it doesn’t drop your skepticism anyway. If anything Claws’s claim is even more generic than mine but giving that pause as no counter claim (unless the real doc wants to stay hidden).

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I was once a Mason with kills...even got revenge for my teammate getting killed. Then he got revived...then...
@Mazer
:squint:
Remember when caito busdrove your kill into you?

And you came in the deadchat and said "as long as he wasn't sharing the chatroom info"

And I'm just there....

cm punk wwe GIF

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I mean really Caito is just Rikishi who did it for da whisky….Mazer is HHH so the feud should’ve been with him.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Claiming not to have checked the rules isn’t in my scum MO though. Literally didn’t check them and realise a hammer was needed as most mod rules are basically the same. This is my first Foxxi game so no idea she was big on majority yeet (which I know now).

I was specific with my claim, who I targeted and what the results were. At least give that food for thought if it doesn’t drop your skepticism anyway. If anything Claws’s claim is even more generic than mine but giving that pause as no counter claim (unless the real doc wants to stay hidden).
Jailer is more of a scum power than doctor. Doc just stops a kill. Jailer you block the option.

You could spend 1000 words asking me to clear you on a derp claim, or playing a wording card. Saying "I've never specifically done it for pre-game rules" is not sufficient. And as you know, "but it's not my meta" never really flies for me.

In addition, if there are 3 scum, I don't even know if there's much conversation, so it's possible that there was even a mix-up in the room.

It's not ignored, but nowhere near enough to clear. I know voidkitten likes it. But he also likes to clear people when they sacrifice themselves for claws for no discernible reason. He's a damn care bear.

Are you saying that you should be cleared based off a jailer claim and saying that you were surprised about the voting?

Because you seem to be taking exception with me only saying that I'm not sold on you, absent of any push or action. It seems weird to be asking for a full clear at this point.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Badger triggered my Badger sense day 1. He's looked good today though. So...50/50.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would be impressed if Badger was scum. Because the claim feels natural and unforced.

I will say, dislike wanting to be cleared completely especially with zero pressure. But it feels towny in an unknown environment.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Rolewise most scummy roles in mmoc like game would be mtr and val.
If you think tjere are 3 scum it would mean matthieu is wrong?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I only said to take it as food for thought that was all. Wasn’t begging.

And jailkeeper more a scum power than doctor? I agree on it being more powerful and correct me if I’m wrong as most games I’ve been in where there’s been a jailor it’s been town. If there have been more recent scum jailer games then I stand corrected.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I would be impressed if Badger was scum. Because the claim feels natural and unforced.

I will say, dislike wanting to be cleared completely especially with zero pressure. But it feels towny in an unknown environment.
Badger is not currently a top priority for me. But there's nothing at this point that I haven't seen better from in a scum game.

Undersell his ATE, and "it's just little old Badger" act at your own peril.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I only said to take it as food for thought that was all. Wasn’t begging.

And jailkeeper more a scum power than doctor? I agree on it being more powerful and correct me if I’m wrong as most games I’ve been in where there’s been a jailor it’s been town. If there have been more recent scum jailer games then I stand corrected.
You are mostly correct.

But you also haven't played MMOC games when that was a thing. It's a different build, and this could very well fall in line.

If you are town, I would advise that you don't think of game like this in a Rajah style of "once we know a role, the person is probably clear".

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Rolewise most scummy roles in mmoc like game would be mtr and val.
If you think tjere are 3 scum it would mean matthieu is wrong?
I don't disagree with this, but maybe I've missed something because I'm not sure we got a clean claim from mtr. There was some assumption, but i'm not sure he validated

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Ok MTR in this setup you can say what your role is and what it does. If you want to claim something you can say evertything just dont copy paste stuff forom rolecard

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Right now, I have high curiosities towards crackle, mtr, tildey, and satsu. there's a decent size pack right near them

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Right now, I have high curiosities towards crackle, mtr, tildey, and satsu. there's a decent size pack right near them
I am vanilla town i dont have a role or modifier otherwise your list looks great.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean i cant bait a nightkill if there are like 6 claims on d2 already :>

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
You are mostly correct.

But you also haven't played MMOC games when that was a thing. It's a different build, and this could very well fall in line.

If you are town, I would advise that you don't think of game like this in a Rajah style of "once we know a role, the person is probably clear".
Playing the Rajah style often, when you get thrown into a game where the set-up and play is different when I signed for MU which was to put it mildly a big culture shock for me….this is nowhere near as bad as that lol but just having to adapt takes a bit of time.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Playing the Rajah style often, when you get thrown into a game where the set-up and play is different when I signed for MU which was to put it mildly a big culture shock for me….this is nowhere near as bad as that lol but just having to adapt takes a bit of time.
It is basically the same game. Except you can say what you want to say there are no post restictions or silences.

There are no writeups but if you want to know what someone did you can ask them and maybe they will tell you :lol:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It is basically the same game. Except you can say what you want to say there are no post restictions or silences.

There are no writeups but if you want to know what someone did you can ask them and maybe they will tell you :lol:
For someone who likes to spreadsheet, it’s a pain in the arse lol. Now I actually have to read.

Nightingale

Administrator
**Satsu ( 2 )**- Void (762), Tildey (841)
**Void ( 3 )**- Val (803), Claws (827), Xan (848)
**Xan ( 1 )**- Badger (770)
**crackle ( 3 )**- CWE (896), Satsu (921), Matthieu (922)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Crackle, Listo, Mazer, MTR
**Current as of post:** 979

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Taking a chance on falling off a cliff with CWE. Hope there’s at least liquor….
Unvote: Xan
Vote: crackle

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
You are mostly correct.

Is that why in the Christmas CWE vs Caito game Caito was a jail keeper and turned out to be the traitor? Was that one more clue that I missed?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’d like to co-sign please.
Spreadsheetersunited! :cheers:

By the way who wants to stay in HMP Badger? It’s just like a real life prison…all the modern conveniences, technology, king-sized beds, duvets and the quilted toilet paper.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry covid booster did a number on me. Let me take a few to read while I am eating and try to respond to stuff

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It makes me laugh that VT is the claim of two people in my sus list as thats the defacto scum claim.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there were VTs

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Of course it does lol
Oracle, Jailkeeper, 2x JOAT Masons, Doctor, Rolestopper, Rolecop, Listo (if hes claiming). That is more than half of the game with power roles and that is not including any potential scum power roles.

Having a VT or two does not mean its not role madness nor does it mean it isn't a standard game.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ok MTR in this setup you can say what your role is and what it does. If you want to claim something you can say evertything just dont copy paste stuff forom rolecard
rolestopper I can pick a target to stop any actions from being taken on them. I am town and need to take out threats.

I was hoping that we would not have a ton of claiming this early. I said something since my target was killed so trying to figure out how that happened. Strong man is one option but also I could have accidently prevented protection like llettuce did to me a couple games ago.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
There’s probably been MMOC games with claims earlier than this lol.

Listo95

Madame Listo appreciates both o' da trains. Da spirits do be saying da one made o' void could be tellin' da truth due to Foxxi game. Da spirits be saying Madame Listo requires a vote on someone so dey be doin' dat now. Dis is not who da spirits be sayin' ta remove but da spirits be very annoyin, bout gettin' a vote.

Vote: Claws

Top Bottom